November 19, 2019, 11:40:47 PM

Author Topic: Richarlison  (Read 68688 times)

August 25, 2018, 01:43:14 AM
Reply #1095

toffee_scot

If Watford don't like us then maybe they should stop trying to mimic us by adopting the Z Cars theme tune

August 25, 2018, 02:02:49 AM
Reply #1096

sam of the south

I think Watford have slipped ahead of West Ham, Newcastle, Palace, and Tottenham (although I do like watching them under Pochettino)as my third most hated team.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

August 25, 2018, 02:15:49 AM
Reply #1097

KoemansNumberTens

I think Watford have slipped ahead of West Ham, Newcastle, Palace, and Tottenham (although I do like watching them under Pochettino)as my third most hated team.

Who’s second

August 25, 2018, 02:16:29 AM
Reply #1098

sam of the south

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

August 25, 2018, 04:36:42 AM
Reply #1099

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Is there even any point in that football club? The only thing I know about them is that we beat them in an FA cup final. A completely irrelevant football club.

August 25, 2018, 04:50:09 AM
Reply #1100

MmmblueBernard

Is there even any point in that football club? The only thing I know about them is that we beat them in an FA cup final. A completely irrelevant football club.

They exist in their own niche. You may call it a gap.......
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 25, 2018, 06:21:36 AM
Reply #1101

Jamokachi

I like Watford. Every club has dickhead fans.

August 25, 2018, 03:07:55 PM
Reply #1102

Martip

I like Watford. Every club has dickhead fans.
Out of interest what is it you like about them ? I m not a fan tbh.....delusions of grandeur, high turn over of  managers, gobby fans and some dickhead players like deeney.

August 25, 2018, 03:43:05 PM
Reply #1103

irishtoffee

We haven't won silverware in 23 years, so I don't think we should be looking down on any premier league team or their fans to be honest. A lot of the things people say about the likes of Watford, West Ham and Newcastle could be applied to Everton too

August 25, 2018, 04:11:51 PM
Reply #1104

Gash

Global Moderator
We haven't won silverware in 23 years, so I don't think we should be looking down on any premier league team or their fans to be honest. A lot of the things people say about the likes of Watford, West Ham and Newcastle could be applied to Everton too

We know we're a big, successful club with a great history but I think we forget that to the outside most people below 30 barely remember us winning a trophy and even those that do won't see winning the FA Cup as anything amazing, you need to be in your 40's to remember us having any sustained period of success. People are being brought up in the Premier League and Champions League era now and we're just seen as a solid, mid table Premier League team by most of people outside of Everton, nothing more.

It's similar to a comment I saw about Chelsea on Facebook last week, someone said they were just a mid table Premier League team before Abramovich took over yet they finished top 6 in the 7 seasons before it and regularly qualified for Europe, I think they won the FA Cup, League Cup and Cup Winners Cup in those years as well. The trouble is he's been there so long and spent so much that people have forgotten that they were a big, successful club before he arrived as well.

August 25, 2018, 04:24:18 PM
Reply #1105

BlueForYou

Our 25 year boast is that we have never been relegated from the Premier League

Alongside that, we have never made the Champions League group stage

Modest
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 25, 2018, 04:41:06 PM
Reply #1106

KoemansNumberTens

Watford have an Everton thread!! Only read the first post but he really doesn’t like us.

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/everton-watch.54856/

August 25, 2018, 04:54:28 PM
Reply #1107

Gash

Global Moderator
Watford have an Everton thread!! Only read the first post but he really doesn’t like us.

To be fair, you only need to go four or five posts in for people to start having a go at the OP.

He sounds very bitter though.

August 25, 2018, 06:26:01 PM
Reply #1108

Robioto

Funny read that.

Find it a bit sad that a fellow Evertonian felt the need to join another teams forum to defend us...

August 25, 2018, 06:46:58 PM
Reply #1109

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Clive sounds like a kopite.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"