November 21, 2019, 12:06:32 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 136297 times)

April 16, 2019, 06:00:28 PM
Reply #1110

Hesmenos

Funny enough there is three that went unpunished as I can off the top of my head remember...Ally and Kane both same game early in the season(not sure who against) and Davidson Sanchez on a keeper a couple of weeks ago ....all stamps no punishments ....but it's not just spurs ..
Despite this and the numerous transgressions that get no punishment against the top teams (Salahs blatant dive yet again the other day casing point ) Gomes deserves the ban. ..it was reckless and dangerous .
There was the one by Capoue on Zaha and the Jorginho one on Sigurdsson. I think they were both given yellows during the match though so they were deemed to have been already dealt with. Strange rule though as they were arguably much worse than what Gomes did.
I like the fact that Gomes has a bit of needle about him but he does seem to have moments when he completely loses control and could end up costing us if he gets sent off. Remember the Bournemouth match when he went on a 15 minute period of kicking anyone that came near him even though he was already on a yellow. He'll have to learn to control it, especially as he could now be under the spotlight after the Mitrovic incident.

April 16, 2019, 06:13:04 PM
Reply #1111

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Really wish people would grasp the basic laws of the game.

Salah isn't getting charged for a dive because he didn't get a penalty from it.

Hate to break it to everyone, but there really isn't a conspiracy against Everton.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 16, 2019, 06:23:58 PM
Reply #1112

gizzblue

Hate to break it to everyone, but there really isn't a conspiracy against Everton.

'Again' knowing the basic laws of the game (condescending git)I  lnever fucking said it was a conspiracy against Everton or that Salah should be banned ....he should've been booked yet again for simulation though ...and yes the top six do still get preferential treatment ...if you dont see that your watching the wrong sport maybe rounders would suit you better .
Born not made a blue .

April 16, 2019, 06:26:30 PM
Reply #1113

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
'Again' knowing the basic laws of the game (condescending git)I  lnever fucking said it was a conspiracy against Everton or that Salah should be banned ....he should've been booked yet again for simulation though ...and yes the top six do still get preferential treatment ...if you dont see that your watching the wrong sport maybe rounders would suit you better .

My post wasn't aimed at you, more the countless evertonians I see bringing up Salah diving and other nonsense.

We've had players dive this season and not been booked ourselves.

Just boring reading the same old stuff from our fans when something like this happens.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:28:45 PM by TheRam »
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 16, 2019, 07:01:24 PM
Reply #1114

stirlingblue

I think thereís a decent argument to be made that the top 6 get an advantage in terms of on the pitch decisions, not a full on conspiracy but probably an unconscious bias.

I donít see the same on post-game reviews on incidents, the deciding factor there is whether the ref on the day saw it or not. Itís a ridiculous rule though, and they should definitely be able to retrospectively upgrade a yellow to a red of the referee didnít realise how bad the challenge was (like Jorginho on Sig earlier this year).

April 16, 2019, 07:02:48 PM
Reply #1115

Gash

Global Moderator
Srktel and Costa were both banned for stamping in 2015 so it's not just the lower teams that get punished. Not a lot of people stamp on other players so it's not a common crime.

April 16, 2019, 10:22:19 PM
Reply #1116

D15TIN

Top 6 definitely get an advantage in games, if you cant see that you're blind.

Niasse & Lanzini are still the only two players to be banned for 'deceiving a match official', the likes of salah & Alli etc do it most weeks

Fabinho aimed snot at a Chelsea player at the weekend, that one gets swiftly brushed under the carpet though, sky didn't even cover it and didn't bother mentioning salahs blatent dive again after it'd happened.

April 16, 2019, 11:18:55 PM
Reply #1117

WeimaranerBlues

Everton midfielder Andre Gomes has been suspended for three games after accepting a charge of violent conduct.

April 16, 2019, 11:34:07 PM
Reply #1118

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Unrelated to the Gomes incident, but I don't think it's a conspiracy theory to say the bigger teams get more of the decisions.

In part, it's because they're more likely on balance to be looking for such decisions, the better teams will likely be dominating the ball and/or creating chances and getting players into the box where the big decisions are made. Just in recent weeks you've the difference it makes with Chelsea given a blatantly offside goal vs Cardiff which saw that game turn on it's head. How big would those 3 pts have been to Cardiff?

Add that to the amount of pundits who rail against decisions that go against the bigger teams (clearly there is a unquestionable bias here in terms of media representation) and there is enough pressure there to effect some refereeing decisions that can make a difference over the course of a season. Doesn't even have to be much, even one or two big calls can as we see right now be the difference between top 4 or being outside of the top 4, or perhaps even winning the league.

I don't know whether it'll change much, but it's one of the reasons I was in favour of VAR coming in. I think it could be one of the biggest levellers in the PL. We already saw how bigger teams in the World Cup like Germany did lose out to VAR decisions and I hope it means there is more of a consistency across refereeing decisions in the PL over time now.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 11:37:31 PM by blueToffee »

April 17, 2019, 12:28:02 AM
Reply #1119

Elgoodo1978

Fuck they've got to you

April 19, 2019, 12:13:58 AM
Reply #1120

Macca77

He smells as good as he looks

April 19, 2019, 12:22:24 AM
Reply #1121

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 24, 2019, 01:39:07 AM
Reply #1122

D15TIN

ElMundo saying Everton have an option to buy Gomes, but Barca will sell to highest bidder.. figure reported 17.3million pound asking price, but now expecting more, Spurs interested - Tweet by@pbsportswriter (Paul Brown)

Personally think this deal may already be part of the way there.. Im not so sure spurs will enter a bidding war, not totally convinced they have much money available this summer

April 24, 2019, 01:41:14 AM
Reply #1123

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
ElMundo saying Everton have an option to buy Gomes, but Barca will sell to highest bidder.. figure reported 17.3million pound asking price, but now expecting more, Spurs interested - Tweet by@pbsportswriter (Paul Brown)

Personally think this deal may already be part of the way there.. Im not so sure spurs will enter a bidding war, not totally convinced they have much money available this summer

Calling BS as itís been widely reported that we didnít have an option to buy
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 24, 2019, 01:42:09 AM
Reply #1124

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
17 million would be a no brainer for me, but if it starts going up up up then I back Marcel to make the right move.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.