May 27, 2019, 02:00:52 PM

Author Topic: Outs during summer  (Read 7601 times)

April 11, 2019, 03:10:21 PM
Reply #75

Lxxx

I can well see why Silva decided against letting Gueye go as he might have cost him his job had he gone.

Heís reached a new level recently with him and Gomes turning it up a few gears but heís one of our few marketable assets touching his peak. If weíre now looking at a more sensible trading transfer strategy then he has to be looked at, if we get the level of interest we did in January.

April 11, 2019, 11:33:03 PM
Reply #76

Hesmenos

With PSG signing Herrera, I imagine that will put an end to the Gueye interest. Although that leaves Man Utd with 2 less midfielders now so I'm sure someone will link them with Geuye soon.

April 12, 2019, 12:09:44 AM
Reply #77

penguinofdoom1878

Says June 19 on the OS, surely we wouldn't give him an extension.

Maybe being optimistic with Tosun & Walcott price but we are living in an over inflated market, don't care how much cash we have we need to claw back as much as possible.

30.06.2020 for the Stek

April 12, 2019, 12:16:10 AM
Reply #78

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I get why he could be sold I just don't think it's necessary.

April 12, 2019, 12:22:59 AM
Reply #79

Bluedylan

@Morta75 , any chance you can take the apostrophe out of the thread title?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 12, 2019, 12:43:33 AM
Reply #80

Toffee1

With PSG signing Herrera, I imagine that will put an end to the Gueye interest. Although that leaves Man Utd with 2 less midfielders now so I'm sure someone will link them with Geuye soon.

Did not take long.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/marco-silva-has-no-concerns-over-gueye-to-united-rumour_355951.html

April 12, 2019, 12:53:48 AM
Reply #81

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Courtesy of the esk
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 12, 2019, 03:58:18 AM
Reply #82

caliburn53

Apparently talking to yourself is fine it is when you start to argue it becomes a problem.

It is when you loose the argument with yourself you have a problem
A new convert to the cause thanks to two mad blue grandkids

April 12, 2019, 04:28:18 AM
Reply #83

GrantyBoy78

Iíll be interested to see if we can get any money for Galloway, Pennington, Connolly etc. The age-old route of Prem teams selling youngsters who arenít good enough, to the Championship, seems to have dried up. I suppose there are so many Prem teams with bloated squads, Championship teams can just get decent kids on loan and save themselves a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

April 12, 2019, 07:46:25 PM
Reply #84

blue1948

Been arguably the worst period of transfer decision making in living history hasn't it.

Walsh's greatest hits are :

Gueye deffo
Lookman maybe
Vlasic maybe
Onyekuru maybe
Sigurdsson split opinions on that one.

Can't agree on the Siggy comment .He is top/second top scorer all season ,cost about the same as Richarlison ,is perhaps more consistent than the aforementioned but no one especially you is saying the jury is out over him. A tad unfair ( and unfounded ) methinks.

April 12, 2019, 07:56:21 PM
Reply #85

blue1948

It is when you loose the argument with yourself you have a problem

Ah but who would know the winner ?

April 12, 2019, 08:32:08 PM
Reply #86

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Can't agree on the Siggy comment .He is top/second top scorer all season ,cost about the same as Richarlison ,is perhaps more consistent than the aforementioned but no one especially you is saying the jury is out over him. A tad unfair ( and unfounded ) methinks.

There's split opinions that's all I'm saying, based on what it cost etc.

I cba getting into another sigurdsson discussion, but I think there's an argument to say he's one of the worst.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 12, 2019, 10:00:23 PM
Reply #87

Hesmenos

I think the main issue with the Sigurdsson transfer, was that we paid over the odds for a player we didn't actually need. It's almost as if we bought him for his set pieces without thinking about where he would play for the 85 minutes he wouldn't be standing over a dead ball. This then left Koeman having to cram him into his system to the detriment of Siggy and the overall team.

April 22, 2019, 01:46:02 AM
Reply #88

Shogun

Administrator
Lookman is gone isn't he?

Won't be any sort of loss but shame the way things have gone. Ultimately his own fault for not taking his chances.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 22, 2019, 02:02:47 AM
Reply #89

Macca77

Lookman is gone isn't he?

Won't be any sort of loss but shame the way things have gone. Ultimately his own fault for not taking his chances.

Deffo, get as much as we can for him