May 20, 2019, 07:52:23 AM

Author Topic: Two Tribes - BT Doc  (Read 2625 times)

April 01, 2019, 03:54:15 AM
Reply #15

Macca77

Not interested in watching anything involving those cunts.

Yep, same here

April 01, 2019, 03:58:59 AM
Reply #16

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It’s not about Liverpool you bunch of cranks.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 01, 2019, 04:10:05 AM
Reply #17

Deano Blue Boy

Anyway of watching it without BT

April 01, 2019, 05:21:25 AM
Reply #18

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Thought it was great.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 02, 2019, 08:28:24 PM
Reply #19

bluegirls

No it wasn't thatcher it was d***head hatton because he went to my late Mum's works and tried to hand out redundancy notices but true to my late Mum's stance against bullying she stood up to that NO MARK and basically told him where too go.… NSNO ETID COYB NSNO

Sent from my E6653 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

April 03, 2019, 01:54:43 AM
Reply #20

Jamokachi

you need to jib off signing each post with those letters

April 04, 2019, 07:06:43 AM
Reply #21

SteB

Just found this link for everyone who hasn't seen it (myself included) 

April 05, 2019, 12:32:52 AM
Reply #22

D15TIN

Can this be watched on anything other than BT Sport?

April 05, 2019, 03:22:09 AM
Reply #23

Deano Blue Boy

Just found this link for everyone who hasn't seen it (myself included) 

Thanks man, but it's already too late for me.  It's been pulled

April 05, 2019, 06:12:15 PM
Reply #24

SteB

April 06, 2019, 01:45:12 AM
Reply #25

WeimaranerBlues

scanned through it no mention of us winning the the title in 87

April 06, 2019, 07:16:34 PM
Reply #26

winny5366

I watched this and loved it, it was like someone had taken a video of my self growing up, re living my youth. I think the documentary is pretty spot on to be honest.
The shame of it all was a great Everton side denied the chance to possibly dominate European and Domestic football for many years to come. Denying us our place in Europe meant that the team broke apart with players moving else where with the lure of playing in Europe. The rest is history and such a shame!
Liverpool is one of the best city's I have ever been too, I go there often, two of my three children went to University there so my connection feels even stronger.
Such brilliant people, funny people, most would do anything for one another as well.
Liverpool is a booming city and will be one of the best for visitors coming from abroad.
Love the place.

May 02, 2019, 06:31:35 AM
Reply #27

WeimaranerBlues

just watched the repeat of this after the Barca Game- seemed like a good time to watch it....

Early 80's i recall we always got battered , but I would get over it, mates obviously reds and we would play footy on the bowling greens by Queens drive Baths and the Rice Lane subway- 

After watching this Documentary love the great togetherness of both Blues and Reds @ the time,

but trying hard to find  which point all the Banter , turned to Anger and hatred for any thing red shite.   can only think of Heysel  and the total media love fest( present) with them as the turning point

« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 06:39:47 AM by WeimaranerBlues »

May 02, 2019, 12:00:36 PM
Reply #28

blue1948

just watched the repeat of this after the Barca Game- seemed like a good time to watch it....

Early 80's i recall we always got battered , but I would get over it, mates obviously reds and we would play footy on the bowling greens by Queens drive Baths and the Rice Lane subway- 

After watching this Documentary love the great togetherness of both Blues and Reds @ the time,

but trying hard to find  which point all the Banter , turned to Anger and hatred for any thing red shite.   can only think of Heysel  and the total media love fest( present) with them as the turning point

I agree it must have been then,before that it was true banter but now it is getting near hatred .They had had some great sides but the fans were normal after Heysel they believe they are entitled .

May 02, 2019, 04:58:08 PM
Reply #29

formerKHL

I agree it must have been then,before that it was true banter but now it is getting near hatred .They had had some great sides but the fans were normal after Heysel they believe they are entitled .

For me personally I could see the change in "attitude" from both sets of supporters towards each other definitely post Heysel. I was living in Bournemouth at the time and most of the scousers down there where all around my age group mid/late 20's so had been through the glory years of Liverpool and everton over the past 20 years and they had the affiliations of the situation of two teams one city...lots of banter but a decent level of respect for each other….however post Heysel there seemed to be a new "breed" of young scousers starting to move down to bmouth both everton and Liverpool fans and you could see the difference in attitude towards each other/team borne through them.
I also believe the change in attitude is down to TV...at one time their was basically BBC and ITV showed footy once a week so you mainly supported your local team as access to other teams was very limited...as BSKYB, then sky, then BT then streaming etc, etc came on the scene and this gave easy viewing and access to other teams.... I believe this then started to bread the "glory hunter fan" ie kids who wanted to support a winning and successful team, not their local team who were in division 1/2/3 .....coupled with the global appeal of the premier league and the cash it brought with it and all of a sudden teams fan bases where from all over the world bringing not only an attitude change but cultural changes too.....all this mix mashed together now brings the contempt local rivalries between clubs have.... most of which is from "fans" who have never even been to anfield or goodison….I remember coming home from a game once with my everton shirt on and getting abuse in my local pub from some tit with a Liverpool shirt on and when I questioned him about how many times he's been to anfield to see them play he didn't even know where it was.....which just about sums my ramblings up.....
Just my 2 cents......