May 24, 2019, 01:48:25 PM

Author Topic: [News]Jagielka: We just want to keep going  (Read 917 times)

April 07, 2019, 10:12:14 PM
Read 917 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Jagielka: We just want to keep going

Everton defender Phil Jagielka says that it feels great to be on the winning side after his team beat Arsenal at Goodison Park this afternoon.

Source: Jagielka: We just want to keep going

April 07, 2019, 10:12:59 PM
Reply #1

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't have thought I'll ever see him score a winning goal in a league game again.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

April 07, 2019, 10:17:06 PM
Reply #2

Jamokachi

I wouldn't have thought I'll ever see him score a winning goal in a league game again.

Not sure we'll see him in the shirt again after today, bar a 5 minute swansong maybe.

April 08, 2019, 04:49:33 PM
Reply #3

gizzblue

Was rolling back the years yesterday ...still think he can do a job next season ...a replacement would cost a huge amount ,get Zouma in keep jags about .

Captains performance . :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

April 08, 2019, 04:57:58 PM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

Not sure we'll see him in the shirt again after today, bar a 5 minute swansong maybe.

He'll be leading the side out in a Europa League 9th qualifying round game, somewhere in Eastern Europe in the first week of June.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 08, 2019, 05:12:23 PM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
He said yesterday that it's exciting times at the club and hopefully he can be involved in it.

April 08, 2019, 05:12:56 PM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He'll be leading the side out in a Europa League 9th qualifying round game, somewhere in Eastern Europe in the first week of June.
Fuck, I hope not
Simply simply lovely

April 08, 2019, 06:27:28 PM
Reply #7

Jamokachi

eurgh

April 09, 2019, 03:28:52 PM
Reply #8

arteta4spain

I'll say what I said in the Silvas playbook thread. He'll be missed when he goes and we need to replace not just another defender but a captain,  and his organisational skills in that defence. Brilliant performance yesterday and it shouldn't be one of the older players we have to rely on to get a good result. Everyone played a part I'm not denying that. But Jags organises that defence and you know if he's in there then we'll be pretty watertight.
Mina, Keane and Zouma, on the proviso that we sign him, need to start looking at what Jags does and replicate that. If they can do that then we'll have 3 really good even 3 world class cbs at the club.
With that we need a captain thatís similar to Jags too. One that wonít take any shit and leads by example. Of the players here, I really canít think of who that could be. Possibly Keane if he can start to lead that defence like Jags can. Maybe Gomes if he signs permanently.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 03:32:21 PM by arteta4spain »

April 09, 2019, 04:19:42 PM
Reply #9

Macca77

Can see him going back to Sheff United if they get promoted

April 09, 2019, 04:21:37 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

He's got to be worth a 12 month deal. If the trend towards young signings continues we're going to have a large gap in our squad for experience if him and Baines depart in the summer. It's great to have younger exciting players but with even the manager still new to the club we still need some leadership around the place. He can also clearly play a bit too when called upon.

April 09, 2019, 06:29:37 PM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator
He's got to be worth a 12 month deal. If the trend towards young signings continues we're going to have a large gap in our squad for experience if him and Baines depart in the summer. It's great to have younger exciting players but with even the manager still new to the club we still need some leadership around the place. He can also clearly play a bit too when called upon.

I wouldn't have a problem with giving them both a 12 month deal on reduced wages and let them do their coaching badges if they're interested in doing that. As you say, you still need experience in the squad even if they don't get on the pitch very often.

April 09, 2019, 08:56:57 PM
Reply #12

Evertonian in NC

They certainly both (Jags and Baines) deserve a proper testimonial, and the right to close out their careers as useful squad depth - if they want to be here.  Excellent servants.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 09, 2019, 08:58:20 PM
Reply #13

74Blue

The main thing is that he seems to have accepted that he's in the twilight of his career now and isn't going to be playing every week. On sensible terms, he's definitely worthy of another year. Perhaps the club could help him along with his coaching badges, as I'm sure that when he does finally hang up his boots for good, he will want to have some involvement in football.
He'd be a welcome addition ti a newly promoted side if we did not offer him another deal as he does still have something to offer at PL level and has experience that could be the difference for a newly promoted team.

April 09, 2019, 10:40:42 PM
Reply #14

D15TIN

Give him another year based on that performance, he can be 4th/5th choice, I was against it prior to that but he's good to have about, need characters like that