November 22, 2017, 11:51:14 AM

Author Topic: Injury comebacks  (Read 5711 times)

December 14, 2009, 11:26:26 PM
Read 5711 times

CT_Toffee

When are we expecting some of the injured players back? The OS says late November/early December for Osman, December for Neville and Yobo and Late December for Anichibe. Surely they have to be close to making their comebacks but I haven't heard anything?

Also how serious is Distin and Gosling?

deCoubertin

December 14, 2009, 11:28:43 PM
Reply #1

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Who knows? And don't believe what you read on the OS regarding injuries.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 14, 2009, 11:33:43 PM
Reply #2

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Who knows? And don't believe what you read on the OS regarding injuries.

This  :headbang:   :headbang:

December 14, 2009, 11:49:46 PM
Reply #3

MmmBlueRamirez

When are we expecting some of the injured players back? The OS says late November/early December for Osman, December for Neville and Yobo and Late December for Anichibe. Surely they have to be close to making their comebacks but I haven't heard anything?

Also how serious is Distin and Gosling?

Well apparently Distin has now left his wife so I guess its quite serious.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 14, 2009, 11:50:08 PM
Reply #4

cantoffee

I've heard nothing about Distin and Gosling since their injuries.

December 14, 2009, 11:51:27 PM
Reply #5

CT_Toffee

Well apparently Distin has now left his wife so I guess its quite serious.

Yeah I heard she bought a house in Sweden..!! ;D

December 15, 2009, 01:32:22 AM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Don't know about Gosling and Distin, but Moyes said before their injuries, he wasn't especting anyone else back before the new year

December 15, 2009, 02:28:35 AM
Reply #7

Thom

Administrator
Yobo hopes to be back by the end of December, Gosling is out until the new year and Osman is allegedly back in training in the next week or two. Whether all of that is true though remains to be seen.

The one thing we should all know is that none of Neville, Arteta, Jagielka, Vaughan and Anichebe will be back much before mid-January at the earliest

December 15, 2009, 02:33:03 AM
Reply #8

bigl1cks

James Vaughan is cursed
anything but long ball!

December 15, 2009, 06:59:55 AM
Reply #9

brap.

james vaughn stole a trinket from a gypsey carriage around the same time the same time he sighned his contract with us.

December 15, 2009, 12:31:03 PM
Reply #10

ToffeeBlue83

It so frustrating, they are always 'just a few weeks away' of 'close to a return', then just as I get excited they have a setback and our out for another month.

Looking at the fixtures we have a nightmare run in February so I hope the liks of Jags Arteta and Nevile are back for that, but given the length of time they ahve been out I can see then traing for at least month, then play a few reserve games before they even get close to the first team.

Frustrating!!!
Royal Blue Mersey - the web's newest Everton blog

December 15, 2009, 01:33:11 PM
Reply #11

nomorechang

RIP
There was a ' behind closed doors ' game at Finch Farm yesterday against a Celtic 11 , Ossie and Vaughany both played 45 minutes
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 15, 2009, 04:16:13 PM
Reply #12

CT_Toffee

There was a ' behind closed doors ' game at Finch Farm yesterday against a Celtic 11 , Ossie and Vaughany both played 45 minutes
  :thumbsup:

December 15, 2009, 04:54:17 PM
Reply #13

aylesbury blue

Good news about Vaughan and Ossie but In my opinion we have enough forwards and midfielders fit, we need DEFENDERS back.

It's so frustrating because I think about how we would be with everyone fit and Saha being on the form he is on and how shit the top 6 seem.....we could have been nicely nestled in with them!!!
Phil Jagielka's best mate and the best player to have played with Tony Cottee....2 brief descriptions of Richie Boyle.

December 15, 2009, 05:08:23 PM
Reply #14

Thom

Administrator
Good news about Vaughan and Ossie but In my opinion we have enough forwards and midfielders fit, we need DEFENDERS back.

It's so frustrating because I think about how we would be with everyone fit and Saha being on the form he is on and how shit the top 6 seem.....we could have been nicely nestled in with them!!!

Defenders do seem the priority at the moment, but we need anyone back at the moment. Getting Vaughan and Osman back for the New Year would allow Moyes to rest a couple of players who have played non stop for weeks due to the overall injury crisis.