August 22, 2019, 07:16:10 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal vs Everton  (Read 64983 times)

February 02, 2011, 04:48:42 AM
Reply #285

johnj

Really lost our shape after bily went off, however did anyone else notice how Rodwell and Arteta switched roles in the second half? Why change it when it works? That was the beginning of the downfall for me, Rodwell caused a few problems in the first half with a few forward runs and Arteta does not offer you that. The jags for neville was beyond fucking bizarre, although i thought Coleman looked tired so understood that one.

Personally i thought it was typical everton tactics that lost us the game in the second half. This was a result that combined with the Chelsea performance could have really kicked us on, however as per this season we were let down AGAIN!
Similar to how I saw it. Moyes then took Bily off to try hold out for a result, but Osman never plays well against Arsenal as he is like one of their worst reserve players and can't hold on to the ball. We didn't have enough belief to try to go for 2-0, and it was like last season again where we simply capitulated. Fellaini and Arteta played great first half, so wonder if Wenger's tactics undone us. Moyes outdone again and make poor sub choices.

February 02, 2011, 04:53:54 AM
Reply #286

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Similar to how I saw it. Moyes then took Bily off to try hold out for a result, but Osman never plays well against Arsenal as he is like one of their worst reserve players and can't hold on to the ball. We didn't have enough belief to try to go for 2-0, and it was like last season again where we simply capitulated. Fellaini and Arteta played great first half, so wonder if Wenger's tactics undone us. Moyes outdone again and make poor sub choices.

Why were his subs poor? He has nobody on the bench to bring on.  The game plan was too stretch them wide down both flanks. that required Bilya and Coleman to do an awful lot of work which they did. Bilya isn't match fit for 90 min yet and Coleman has been playing non stop. What options did Moyes have?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 02, 2011, 05:05:31 AM
Reply #287

Blueney-tunes

But he was fantastic for the most part and was on there to mark Cesc one on one which he did very well. Besides the 2nd goal, we defended well and they had very few clear cut chances.

Did you watch the game pal? Our defence was parting easier than Jordans legs.

February 02, 2011, 05:08:53 AM
Reply #288

Shogun

Administrator
accong to moyes fabregas should have been sent off for something he said in the tunnell to the referee.....arsene wenger claims cesc didnt even speak to the referee
I never claimed to be a saint

February 02, 2011, 05:10:33 AM
Reply #289

Fynci

Nothing to add..... Billy is on twitter now though:

http://twitter.com/#!/Bilyaletdinov_7

It seems legit, as there is a picture of him he posted from the train.

February 02, 2011, 05:19:03 AM
Reply #290

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Did you watch the game pal? Our defence was parting easier than Jordans legs.

I did. They Arsenal, they split defences often but how many saves did Howard have to make?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 02, 2011, 05:50:39 AM
Reply #291

bluestevie

for seventy minutes we played well, then we had six minutes of madness that we couldnt recover from as much as we tried in the last 15. cant understand the logic of bringing jags on over beckford though, proper bizarre
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

February 02, 2011, 06:01:45 AM
Reply #292

Sprooly

I did. They Arsenal, they split defences often but how many saves did Howard have to make?
exactly apart from 2 waclott shots straight at him howard did shit all

i actually thought we defended pretty well for the fist 65 minutes

February 02, 2011, 06:04:11 AM
Reply #293

chang

Thing is for this old fella, is that I rather arrogantly consider myself more realistic than many on here, indeed last time Everto beat Arsenal away form home many of you were not even born, sobering thought that......if you know your history and so on.

As soon as we went 0-1 up I am watching thinking 2-1 to them, many things in life just happen, some are so predictable....has anyone noticed how many goals we conceed 2 mins either side of half time and then agin 70 to 75 minute mark? It's uncanny.

I try to console myself wit the thought that most teams lose at Emirates, except Newcastle, Hull etc LOL - for sure we can all play manager with hindsight and no pressure, I don't know a the forward lads, and it's easy to blame him, him and that.....Evertonians suffer donkeys years of pent up frustration, being the butt of many a joke and having the piss royally ripped day in day out, with the odd bit of relief, the odd good run, results, but by and large we end up dissapointed.

It is what it is - don't make it easier or right, but we have played Arsenal every year "away" since we last beat them way back in 1996. Piss poor by anyones standards.

February 02, 2011, 06:06:08 AM
Reply #294

bedfordtoffee

Not sure how to take this.....  but all but Heitinga and Neville raced down the tunnel at the end  ignoring a 3,000 following. I waited to clap them off but was miffed when they did a runner....however, we could say they were too upset  to acknowledge our excellent support
Bedfordblueboy

February 02, 2011, 06:18:00 AM
Reply #295

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
exactly apart from 2 waclott shots straight at him howard did shit all

i actually thought we defended pretty well for the fist 65 minutes

I am agreeing with you. Read furthur up.

February 02, 2011, 06:43:10 AM
Reply #296

nomorechang

RIP
For large portions of that game we were much the better team , we played probably our most difficult opponents we'll face all season except for maybe Utd and except for a couple of daft but fatal errors we should have come away from that game with something . Fellaini was far and away the best player on the pitch which really pissed off Fabregas who IMO is a horrible slimy little bastard . I don't know why Moyes made the substiutions he did but then I'm not the manager and he is in a far better position to know who's tiring and who's took a knock . One of the commentators summed it up during the game , When billionaire club City played at the Emirates they came and parked the bus .. We didn't , we more than matched them at their own game  at times in front of 60,000 of their own fans , I still maintain that we are not that far short of being a top 4 club , our performances against the better teams prove that ... but  If Felli is allowed to go though then that goes out of the window

PS . Moyes is not a liar , if he says Fabregas was badly out of order in the tunnel then he was
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

February 02, 2011, 06:48:35 AM
Reply #297

Gash

Global Moderator
PS . Moyes is not a liar , if he says Fabregas was badly out of order in the tunnel then he was

Wenger denied it at first, then when quizzed about it again, he asked for video evidence, knowing full well it hadn't been caught on camera. I'm pretty sure something happened, I can't see Moyes making the story up.

To be fair to Wenger, before that, he said we were outstanding in the first half.

February 02, 2011, 06:54:16 AM
Reply #298

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
I hate them! Thought the ref was poor! 5 bookings for us?? And what was walcunt playing at the end?

February 02, 2011, 06:56:23 AM
Reply #299

evertonjoe

Just got back in and although I'm gutted I thought there were a lot of positives to take from the first half at least. Shame we conceded two silly goals really. Onwards and upwards though and hopefully we come out and batter Blackpool on Saturday.

R.A.P Music