September 16, 2019, 03:09:34 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal vs Everton  (Read 66245 times)

February 02, 2011, 03:44:07 AM
Reply #240

Padga

I think the most disappointing thing is having that feeling that makes you know you're going to blow a lead, and then watching it unfold.

Worried about Blackpool now...morale is something we desperately need to hold on to. This game last season was the catalyst for our recovery - I just hope that this isn't the opposite.

February 02, 2011, 03:44:34 AM
Reply #241

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
A lot of people will probably over react about todays result, but I didn't think we were that bad, we did seem to crumble after they scored though, the nature of the goal seemed to deflate us and we couldn't stop the predictable arsenal onslaught.  It is one of the hardest away grounds to come away from with something though, and we made it tough for them for 70 mins.  A bit disappointed with the substitutions, Victor looked awful, Jags looked off the pace and Ossie didn't do much.  I'm not too disheartened, but as has been for so many games this season, the next game against Blackpool is a must must must must must win!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 02, 2011, 03:45:08 AM
Reply #242

dekko

Did Neville get injured? must have gotten injured, or else i dont see the reason for Jags to come in.

February 02, 2011, 03:45:12 AM
Reply #243

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
It cannot be coincidence that since Osman has come the play down the left sid has become totally non existant so enabling Arsenal to concentrate on attacking down their left. Osman offers absolutely nothing

You need to take a look at the goals again.  That wasnt just Arsenal pressure, that was League 1 defending.  Like in EVERY game at the Emirates, Arsenal take a grip of the ball latter part of the game and put teams under serious pressure. It was going to happen wether Osman came on or Billy stayed on.

What I don't expect to happen is for one of our 2 CB's to completely fuck up in their positioning. Rodwell handed Arsenal a victory that should have been a lot more hard fought for.

Ive seen him their twice now, and hand on heart he is the WORST CB I have ever seen in an Everton shirt. He has potential in midfield, but he is a fucking disaster at CB. Even Ian bloody Ormonroyd did him 3 times when I last saw him play there.

Didnt expect anything from tonight, so its easy to brush off for me, Blackpool FAR more important.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

February 02, 2011, 03:45:57 AM
Reply #244

Meak

A lot of people will probably over react about todays result, but I didn't think we were that bad, we did seem to crumble after they scored though, the nature of the goal seemed to deflate us and we couldn't stop the predictable arsenal onslaught.  It is one of the hardest away grounds to come away from with something though, and we made it tough for them for 70 mins.  A bit disappointed with the situations, Victor looked awful, Jags looked off the pace and Ossie didn't do much.  I'm not too disheartened, but as has been for so many games this season, the next game against Blackpool is a must must must must must win!

who gives a shit if we were that bad, we blew a lead in 6 minutes, ffs we lost!
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin

February 02, 2011, 03:46:04 AM
Reply #245

Norwegiantoffee

Osman is shit though. The fact we complain about him so much is saying something surely?

Saying something about the ones complaining I would say. Did you not watch the game?
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

February 02, 2011, 03:46:17 AM
Reply #246

Sprooly

how was the substusions bad?

he brought osman on too close down and work hard at winning the ball

anchiebe was an attacking move

jagielka- well i guess it was because neville had picked up a knock and coleman was looking really tired and we needed to keep 4 at the back

lets not blame moyes for 2 bits of pathetic defending

if rodwell got any more or less on that header arshavin wouldnt of got near it

and to not mark a CB at a corner well... thats pathetic

February 02, 2011, 03:46:56 AM
Reply #247

matty1878

blackpool at home as- been a must win. since fuckin december! lol you,  have to win your home games, if we lose to them well...
row u seat 167 park end

February 02, 2011, 03:48:16 AM
Reply #248

everton.chris

Osman is shit though. The fact we complain about him so much is saying something surely?
the trouble is there are too many people on here that think because he has been at the club since a lad that he is a good player, eventually they will wise up and see that he is just not good enough
People who know it all are especially annoying to those of us who don't

February 02, 2011, 03:48:36 AM
Reply #249

bloody scally

What has happened to heitingas ego? He let RvP push him and did nothing more than pout at him! He would have fucking eaten him and his kids last season! Needs to get his anger back.

February 02, 2011, 03:49:01 AM
Reply #250

American Evertonian

Moyes changed the game, terrible substitutions. Every one of them made us worse.

This. Take off two RBs and put on a CB and a winger/striker who is clueless on the ball. Taking off Billy was a poor decision and it showed almost immeadiately. Not sure where we need to go from here. I am not saying this to be pessimistic, but I am giving up hope on Europe and hoping to stay afloat and survive another year.
Are we there yet?

February 02, 2011, 03:50:55 AM
Reply #251

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
What has happened to heitingas ego? He let RvP push him and did nothing more than pout at him! He would have fucking eaten him and his kids last season! Needs to get his anger back.

Sign he doesn't care anymore?

This. Take off two RBs and put on a CB and a winger/striker who is clueless on the ball. Taking off Billy was a poor decision and it showed almost immeadiately. Not sure where we need to go from here. I am not saying this to be pessimistic, but I am giving up hope on Europe and hoping to stay afloat and survive another year.

Europe? I'll be ecstatic if we are still in the Premiership next year.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

February 02, 2011, 03:51:27 AM
Reply #252

matty1878

thats all we can do- were in relegation fight, plain n simple
row u seat 167 park end

February 02, 2011, 03:51:38 AM
Reply #253

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
the trouble is there are too many people on here that think because he has been at the club since a lad that he is a good player, eventually they will wise up and see that he is just not good enough

You don't half chat some utter shit, in fact have you actually said anything new since you begun posting on here?

Osman is limited, of course he is.  But in your pathetic little man way you manage to completely overlook what actually happened and offer absolutely nothing in the way of insight or meaningful comment and instead trot out the same old shit.  Because you seem so desperate to try to have your own petty agendas validated you manage to completely miss the point time and time again.

Like I said before, you're the worst poster on this site by an absolute fucking mile.

February 02, 2011, 03:52:03 AM
Reply #254

irishtoffee

time to log off. really reached my max level of depression. shocking second half. i need to try to get everton out of my head for a few days. the on field and off field situation we find ourselves in is sickening. i'm going to try to bury my head in the sand for a few days