October 15, 2019, 05:49:51 AM

Author Topic: Arsenal vs Everton  (Read 67515 times)

February 02, 2011, 04:07:14 AM
Reply #270

eyesalwaysblue

time to log off. really reached my max level of depression. shocking second half. i need to try to get everton out of my head for a few days. the on field and off field situation we find ourselves in is sickening. i'm going to try to bury my head in the sand for a few days

Iv'e tried that a few times this season....hasn't worked....back on the librium....
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 02, 2011, 04:07:49 AM
Reply #271

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Bizarre.

I imagine Neville had a knock, there's no other reason he'd put Jags at right back, but then why not just put Coleman there?

Worst sub for me though was Osman on for Bily. The midfield lost shape, the small attacking option Bily offered was lost and the support Baines had was gone. I'd go as far as saying it was game changing. I can understand Anichebe coming on for his physical presence, but it just didn't work.

Two halves that were poles apart, which has been the case far too often this season.

One thing though, how depressing was it to see the resources Arsenal can call on (bearing in mind they don't spend vast sums) when chasing a game, and then compare them to ours. Deflating.

They dont spend vast sums but arshavin was (guessing now waiting for a statto) 11m, Diaby 3m and bendtner comes out of a long line of youth players who money has been spent on. Whilst I agree with what your saying them not spending vast sums is different to ours

Even Koscieny (never heard of him before this year) was 9.5m (statto please)
Simply simply lovely

February 02, 2011, 04:08:36 AM
Reply #272

matty1878

all liberium does, is stop the shakes.. time for something stronger!
row u seat 167 park end

February 02, 2011, 04:08:59 AM
Reply #273

montanatoffeefan

time to log off. really reached my max level of depression. shocking second half. i need to try to get everton out of my head for a few days. the on field and off field situation we find ourselves in is sickening. i'm going to try to bury my head in the sand for a few days
Jesus H. Parnell. When the Irish can't take any more pain and suffering, you know things have gotten bad.
Everton forever.

February 02, 2011, 04:13:09 AM
Reply #274

Amata

Moyes drags Bily off as he lost posession a few times, but he only lost posession as he was looking for a short pass and as per the Everton style everyone else was waiting for the long ball or for him to just kick it aimlessley out of play.  Thats not his game, he's a footballer.  He was providing an outlet and had 2 good opportunities to score. 

Ive noticed when certain other players give the ball away or lose possesion a few times and they manage to play the full 90.  Moyes needs to start haveing 1 rule for all.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

February 02, 2011, 04:13:50 AM
Reply #275

guymurphy1989

Really lost our shape after bily went off, however did anyone else notice how Rodwell and Arteta switched roles in the second half? Why change it when it works? That was the beginning of the downfall for me, Rodwell caused a few problems in the first half with a few forward runs and Arteta does not offer you that. The jags for neville was beyond fucking bizarre, although i thought Coleman looked tired so understood that one.

Personally i thought it was typical everton tactics that lost us the game in the second half. This was a result that combined with the Chelsea performance could have really kicked us on, however as per this season we were let down AGAIN!

February 02, 2011, 04:16:21 AM
Reply #276

Jamokachi

They dont spend vast sums but arshavin was (guessing now waiting for a statto) 11m, Diaby 3m and bendtner comes out of a long line of youth players who money has been spent on. Whilst I agree with what your saying them not spending vast sums is different to ours

Even Koscieny (never heard of him before this year) was 9.5m (statto please)

I know they spend more than us (difficult?) but they don't spend City/Chelsea/Utd money and are still up there.

What I'm saying is, if only we had a bit of cash...

February 02, 2011, 04:16:44 AM
Reply #277

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Jeez you lot are depressing on here. Yes the 2nd half was not great but Arsenal want to win the league. They are a very good team. probably the best we have played this season. We sat with them for the 1st half and I thought played quite well. Fellaini was a monster again

2nd half they came back at us, Moyes tried t sure us up but had very little options on the bench. What was he supposed to do?

People need to be realistic. yes we lost but we fought hard and played quite well against a very very good Arsenal.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 02, 2011, 04:19:31 AM
Reply #278

Trowel

Right result to be fair to Arsenal, just disappointing to lose in the way we did with a poor second half - both goals down to Rodwell, he'll learn.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 02, 2011, 04:21:57 AM
Reply #279

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Right result to be fair to Arsenal, just disappointing to lose in the way we did with a poor second half - both goals down to Rodwell, he'll learn.

But he was fantastic for the most part and was on there to mark Cesc one on one which he did very well. Besides the 2nd goal, we defended well and they had very few clear cut chances.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 02, 2011, 04:21:57 AM
Reply #280

Ridge

Rather depressing end to the game, we looked very good first half.

I felt we came out second half, a bit too relaxed and comfortable. Ended up not giving them enough problems and too much possession along with the initiative. Saha was struggling to hold on to the ball and both wingers were struggling to get up and back in time. I felt Osman was being brought on to try and link play and hold the ball a bit better than Billy had. But before you knew it, we were chasing the game. Rodwell's error was costly and it was going to be difficult to deal with them after that, then free header was another major error.

February 02, 2011, 04:23:34 AM
Reply #281

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I know they spend more than us (difficult?) but they don't spend City/Chelsea/Utd money and are still up there.

What I'm saying is, if only we had a bit of cash...

If only, gonna have that on my gravestone!!!!!
Simply simply lovely

February 02, 2011, 04:29:11 AM
Reply #282

cantoffee

I left about an hour ago to avoid reading all this, now I've read it.

Im about to play a 5 a side indoors, Im going to picture my opposition as everton.chris, needless to say, someones going through a wall tonight and Im getting sent off.

You hear that everton.chris? You're about to cause an innocent human being injury due to your pathetic posts, good work man. I hope you get charged with assault.

February 02, 2011, 04:31:34 AM
Reply #283

edbootle

Times like this I'm glad I'm a heavy drinker.
:cheers:

February 02, 2011, 04:44:12 AM
Reply #284

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely