October 18, 2019, 09:21:13 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal vs Everton  (Read 67618 times)

February 02, 2011, 01:00:30 AM
Read 67618 times

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Until Bally says so, I don't believe it.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 02, 2011, 01:16:58 AM
Reply #1

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Chance for Arteta to show he should be in the Spanish team. A masterclass against Cesc will make many people take notice.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 02, 2011, 01:22:33 AM
Reply #2

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Playing Felli on the wing might be tactical. Heitinga to hit long balls for Fellaini to win off Sagna. They do it from free kicks all the time.

February 02, 2011, 04:16:44 AM
Reply #3

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Jeez you lot are depressing on here. Yes the 2nd half was not great but Arsenal want to win the league. They are a very good team. probably the best we have played this season. We sat with them for the 1st half and I thought played quite well. Fellaini was a monster again

2nd half they came back at us, Moyes tried t sure us up but had very little options on the bench. What was he supposed to do?

People need to be realistic. yes we lost but we fought hard and played quite well against a very very good Arsenal.

February 02, 2011, 04:21:57 AM
Reply #4

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Right result to be fair to Arsenal, just disappointing to lose in the way we did with a poor second half - both goals down to Rodwell, he'll learn.

But he was fantastic for the most part and was on there to mark Cesc one on one which he did very well. Besides the 2nd goal, we defended well and they had very few clear cut chances.

February 02, 2011, 04:53:54 AM
Reply #5

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Similar to how I saw it. Moyes then took Bily off to try hold out for a result, but Osman never plays well against Arsenal as he is like one of their worst reserve players and can't hold on to the ball. We didn't have enough belief to try to go for 2-0, and it was like last season again where we simply capitulated. Fellaini and Arteta played great first half, so wonder if Wenger's tactics undone us. Moyes outdone again and make poor sub choices.

Why were his subs poor? He has nobody on the bench to bring on.  The game plan was too stretch them wide down both flanks. that required Bilya and Coleman to do an awful lot of work which they did. Bilya isn't match fit for 90 min yet and Coleman has been playing non stop. What options did Moyes have?

February 02, 2011, 05:19:03 AM
Reply #6

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Did you watch the game pal? Our defence was parting easier than Jordans legs.

I did. They Arsenal, they split defences often but how many saves did Howard have to make?

February 02, 2011, 06:18:00 AM
Reply #7

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
exactly apart from 2 waclott shots straight at him howard did shit all

i actually thought we defended pretty well for the fist 65 minutes

I am agreeing with you. Read furthur up.