December 13, 2019, 12:09:07 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal vs Everton  (Read 69227 times)

January 29, 2011, 10:08:29 PM
Read 69227 times

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I'd take a draw from this one, on their day arsenal can tear teams apart especially at home, a draw Tuesday and a win Saturday would be most welcome. Probably Unchanged from today unless Cahill is back in which case I imagine it would be him in for Rodwell, though I would like to see Jack given a run in the side
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 02, 2011, 01:08:22 AM
Reply #1

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Glad to see were Unchanged ,hope we have a shoot on sight approach against that random scrabble name goalkeeper , also gotta put pressure on djourou cos he is a terrible centre back and probably arsenals main weakness tonight. Expecting a defeat as Cesc Fabregas will probably run the show, but I still have hope we could nick something.
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 02, 2011, 02:12:31 AM
Reply #2

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
blatant offisde!well thought they were gonna chalk that off

February 02, 2011, 03:04:03 AM
Reply #3

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
can defo see a red card coming for someone here, theres been some great gamesmanship from Arteta and Heitinga

February 02, 2011, 03:07:32 AM
Reply #4

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Some of those Neville longballs have hinted as to why Redknapp thought he could get him for 250,000!

February 02, 2011, 03:15:34 AM
Reply #5

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Urgh horrible last 20mins comin up!

February 02, 2011, 03:44:34 AM
Reply #6

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
A lot of people will probably over react about todays result, but I didn't think we were that bad, we did seem to crumble after they scored though, the nature of the goal seemed to deflate us and we couldn't stop the predictable arsenal onslaught.  It is one of the hardest away grounds to come away from with something though, and we made it tough for them for 70 mins.  A bit disappointed with the substitutions, Victor looked awful, Jags looked off the pace and Ossie didn't do much.  I'm not too disheartened, but as has been for so many games this season, the next game against Blackpool is a must must must must must win!

February 02, 2011, 01:49:35 PM
Reply #7

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Genuinely think we did alright last night. There's only probably one game tougher than Arsenal away in the Premier league and that's United away. I thought we set out well, got the goal (somewhat fortuitous) and still created a few chances. There was a bit of possession we had at the start of the 2nd half where we forced a few corners but couldn't do anything with them, and still kept it fairly tight at the back. We couldn't have been much more open or they would have destroyed us. As has been our downfall this season we conceded avoidable goals, Rodwell was unlucky that his header went straight to Arshavin and then we've not marked up well enough from a corner.

I'm assuming that Neville was injured and therefore had to come off, Coleman and Bily both looked knackered so I think that's why Jags was on,as he was best suited to right back out of our subs. The Victor sub I can only assume was due to Moyes seeing him has being better in the air, so that he and Fellaini could knock down long balls in the hope of snatching an equaliser. Still I would always rather see Beckford introduced before Victor has Jermaine is a more natural goalscorer. Ossie didnt do much when he came on,but he is not the reason we lost!

Come the end of the season, it is not going to be cos we lost against arsenal away that we didn't finish where we wanted to, it's the matches we expect to win that we keep throwing away. Let's hope Blackpool on Saturday isnt one of them!