October 24, 2017, 02:29:27 PM

Author Topic: Louis Saha  (Read 4516 times)

December 14, 2009, 11:48:52 PM
Read 4516 times

timloid

I read on the Club website that Louis might be looking to the Continent to conclude his career. I do so hope he stays with us because he is a really class player. Like Mikkey Arteta and I believe, Heitinga, he oozes class and its started to rub off on some of the others. People like Jags are great for the team but I wouldn't describe them as class. The nearest player apart from the two I've just mentioned is Jack Rodwell. Young and inexperienced, still learning his trade but class will always out. He always looks so cool and controlled.

Can't say any other oozes class tho' some are obviously very good players like Pienaar, such a good ball player. Bainesy and both Distin and Yobo fill me with confidence and in Tim Howard, I reckon we have one of the best keepers in the League. In Fellaini, I believe we have a player who will grow with more time and experience. How some people like to slate the lad baffles me but thats Football I suppose.

Fingers crossed, if the injury bug just gives the lads a break I do honestly feel we'll rise up the table tho' unlikely to get a European slot this season
Born a 'BLUE'

deCoubertin

December 14, 2009, 11:54:31 PM
Reply #1

.Rimbo.

Jagielka bleeds class, never mind oozes it.

December 15, 2009, 12:08:03 AM
Reply #2

blue for you

what about the yak  when fit is class  :hail:

December 15, 2009, 12:17:47 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I love Saha, I think he is a great player, but I just get the feeling this year is going to be his best, and after he will start going downhill, especially injury wise.

He is getting on, so we have to be starting to look for a younger quality replacement to give the Yak competition and provide us with an alternative.

I'd like us to keep Jo, but only if the asking price is around the £4 million mark (which it never is going to be). But Jo isn't the answer, so either we need to buy someone, or hope some youngsters are going to start making the grade for a change!
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

December 15, 2009, 12:34:18 AM
Reply #4

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I disagree Blarg. Saha has a good 2-3 years in him. Might be getting on but he hasn't being playing for 10-11 years. More like 5 with the time he has had off for injuries. Still has plenty in him. SO much pace and power for 31 year old, More like 28 year old in my mind
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 15, 2009, 12:39:47 AM
Reply #5

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I read on the Club website that Louis might be looking to the Continent to conclude his career.

Where does he say that? On the OS?

December 15, 2009, 01:24:45 AM
Reply #6

benuski

I was reading on Guardian (I think) that Benitez, among others, may be looking to sign him over the summer to get someone to pair with Torres.  He's going to have offers out there, so I don't know... I wouldn't be too confident of him staying.

Although, who knows if Benitez is going to last long enough to sign anyone over the summer...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 01:28:40 AM by benuski »

December 15, 2009, 01:41:00 AM
Reply #7

Mahoney

Saha to Liverpool.....I really could not see that happening!!!!

I think we'll offer him (Saha) another 1+1 deal. However, if a good offer to play in France came up, he may want to finish his career in the country he is from. I'd love to see him stay at Everton (I think most of us do), but he has to want to stay here too...need I remind anyone about the 'Lescott Saga' earlier this season.
It's getting pretty serious.

December 15, 2009, 01:53:54 AM
Reply #8

Midfield General

Radio City seemed to think that we are going to open new contract talks with him in January, but that was Radio City so don't hold your breath.

December 15, 2009, 02:10:18 AM
Reply #9

bigl1cks

He has been a superb signing, fair play to the manager
anything but long ball!

December 15, 2009, 02:15:13 AM
Reply #10

cantoffee

I'd like him to stay, but he'll want a two or three year deal, and we'll offer him one. Which is probably all he'll be good for anyways, I don't see him providing much after next season and we don't have the money to pay him the following year to sit on the bench or in the physios room.

December 15, 2009, 02:55:49 AM
Reply #11

ForzaItalia

As of January 1st he's free to talk to whoever he likes, which is a bit of a concern. Didn't Elstone say they were trying to get an improved contract sorted out as soon as possible to ward off other clubs?
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

December 15, 2009, 04:05:26 AM
Reply #12

RICH

think he needs to sign before jan tbh before other clubs can talk to him

December 15, 2009, 04:25:37 AM
Reply #13

toffee_scot

Saha has done extremely well, 12 goals already! And to think we paid nearly £9million on the likes of AJ to score just as many in one season. I'm still worried though that any day now he will pick up a hamstring injury or something like that.

I think he has an option to extend his contract for a third year, similar to Nuno Valente, however, he will have attracted plenty of interest from big clubs.

December 15, 2009, 04:37:36 AM
Reply #14

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

He will get some big offers. Im worried about this one