November 22, 2017, 07:12:06 PM

Author Topic: Bolton vs Everton  (Read 76249 times)

February 06, 2011, 04:53:38 PM
Read 76249 times

evertonjoe

Big game this one following a good victory, hopefully we can string a couple of results together this time and get into the top half.

I'd play the same team as on Saturday.

Bolton 2:4 Everton
Elmander   Saha (2)
Taylor        Fellaini
                 Rodwell

R.A.P Music

February 06, 2011, 04:58:54 PM
Reply #1

C-R-A-I-G

Even after having an awful seasons we could somehow save it. If we beat Bolton and Sunderland lose to Tottenham we will be in a great position to get into the top 7. The following week we play them so in two weeks time we could be a point behind them. My worry will be if Birmingham win the cup we will have to get 5/6 more points than Liverpool over the course of the season.

February 06, 2011, 05:07:14 PM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Howard

Neville      Distin    Heitinga         Baines

Fellaini

Coleman         Arteta                   Bily

Rodwell

Saha

I was tempted to put Cahill in but Rodwell impressed me yesterday and Cahill didn't look 100% for me when he came on.  A lot of fans were going on about the 4-4-2 being the reason we won yesterday but they forget that if the Saha goal stood we could have been out of sight.  I also think our best football was being played in the 4-5-1 which (I think Bally said it on the podcast) is more like a 4-2-3-1 at the minute.

Beckford to come on second half if things are close but I reckon our confidence should be high and 2-0 for us Saha and Bily (who is due one).

February 06, 2011, 05:36:24 PM
Reply #3

charlatan

This the 4pm game on Sky next week?

February 06, 2011, 05:37:45 PM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We'lose or draw this one. We've already won our game for this month. Next win in March.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

February 06, 2011, 06:04:06 PM
Reply #5

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

Howard
Neville Distin Jagielka Baines
Coleman Fellaini Arteta Bily
Cahill
Saha

I'm not a Heitinga hater but he needs to be dropped for that half hearted 50/50.
Rodwell could just be dropped to include Cahill (If Cahill isn't started against Bolton I can imagine he'll start the next game).
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

February 06, 2011, 07:09:24 PM
Reply #6

Derek

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 06, 2011, 07:51:50 PM
Reply #7

bloody scally

I think that this is going to be a very close one.. Not a betting man's match.

February 06, 2011, 08:28:29 PM
Reply #8

dazzlar

Cahill ias a great player, but he didnt have a good Asian cup by all accounts, and Rodders is starting to look very good.

Perhaps Cahill shouldn't walk into an on form team?

February 06, 2011, 11:25:43 PM
Reply #9

Stumpy

To be honest the only change i'd make would be Jags for Jonny.It will be a tough game,they played well at Spurs,still confident though maybe a hard fought 2-1 victory.

February 07, 2011, 02:05:09 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
I hate Bolton games. It might be different with Coyle in charge, but I've been to a couple at Goodison and one at the Reebok and they've been some of the worst games I've seen.

I'd be happy to see the same line up as yesterday, although I think Moyes will try to squeeze Cahill in somewhere, probably at the expense on Rodwell. I hope he leaves Bily in as well, he's growing in confidence every game and slowly starting to hit a bit of form. And he's easily the best we have for LM at the moment.

February 07, 2011, 02:40:41 AM
Reply #11

cantoffee

I can't see Moyes dropping Bily, yesterday was his best performance for us in ages, possible ever. Rodwell I could see dropping, but he also played his best game in donkey's years yesterday, although he is very inconsistent, as you would have to expect of any young player.

I'd stick with the same team. I'd be most tempted to drop Heitinga, but we control the ball a lot better with him at the back so for that reason I'd give him a the start, although he needs to up his game to keep Jags out.

We dominated them last time we played but were undone by a counter attack and an inability to score/create chances, which I don't think is the case anymore. So, I think we'll win 1-2, Bily and Rodwell to score.

February 07, 2011, 03:30:09 AM
Reply #12

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Can' see what jags has done that deserves a recall.... Johnny wasn't at his best against Blackpool but I see no reason to change the team..... Cahill or Beckford to replace Rodwell if any change.... 1-0 Everton Billy or Saha

February 07, 2011, 07:51:24 AM
Reply #13

MexicanToffee

Got to be the same team.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

February 07, 2011, 01:42:40 PM
Reply #14

Bluenosebolt

Even after having an awful seasons we could somehow save it. If we beat Bolton and Sunderland lose to Tottenham we will be in a great position to get into the top 7. The following week we play them so in two weeks time we could be a point behind them. My worry will be if Birmingham win the cup we will have to get 5/6 more points than Liverpool over the course of the season.

Eh ?? I thought we had finished playing them this season.
I don't believe you could manage all my jelly