October 23, 2019, 04:54:24 PM

Author Topic: Bolton vs Everton  (Read 97633 times)

February 14, 2011, 12:28:28 AM
Reply #390

blue for you

One bloody game! Beckford was the same today, is he shit too? Of course not, they're both talented footballers who should continue to improve in the future but neither have the talent to single-handedly win a game when the rest of the team is playing poorly.

look no point in fighting with each other but cantoffee what is it you see in Anichebe if it was his first season
i would say fair enough he is not a young lad anymore he is at Everton how many seasons 5 or 6 he should
be better and doing better than he is.

Everton are paying him a living and he has to look like he gives a fuck in which he doesn't we know the story
about him wanted to go to hull city and moyes pulled the plug on that but sorry hull city and the Npower championship is his level i know i sound like i am runnin down Everton FC but i am not i don't want to see the club
i have support since 1983  going down but if moyes plays Anichebe up front again thats where we are going.

February 14, 2011, 12:40:11 AM
Reply #391

chang

I was going to wait for the forum to open up again, but will post this now because I might forget later, you know lads, like going upstairs and wondering "why"?

What is best for Everton FC?

We have what we have, we are what we are and we all know the financial limitations we have, we also know that nothing is likely to change anytime soon that would be perceived as "positive" by the fans.......Strong, probably unpopular decisions need making, anything, just please do something.

What we have, is arguably the best squad for ages, and a decent manager, but there comes a point in time when you can't just keep waiting for things to happen, for things to change for the better.

So what follows in not necessarily my opinion, but I do think somebody with the acumen of say an "Alan Sugar" would take the bull by the horns and make changes.

Maybe best for the club to sell Fellani and another "cash asset" - Why not build a team around Fellani is the obvious retort...but the reason why it's not going to happen are obvious. MF is a better player than Everton, selling him would provide some cash....it won't be long before Pip, Cahill and Saha will not cut it in the EPL, add to that that Heitinger and Billy have not worked out either.....plus Osman, Vic are arguably not good enough.

David Moyes? The man has worked wonders for Everton, he does not deserve to see it all slide away, again maybe it would be best for the club and the man himself if he left us.....with a hand shake, not sacked, not walking, but by agreement for the best of all concerned.........It must be every bit as frustrating for him as it is for us.

The flip side of the coin is that Fellani commits to the clubs, signs another 5 years contract, we all get a lift........but come Christmas 2011

Would it just still be a case of same old shit and frustration, just a different season?

I for one, would like to see some positive managment, even if it is risky, at least it would be doing something to "try and stop trhe rot"

February 14, 2011, 12:40:18 AM
Reply #392

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

Next game, we need to drop Anichebe (he didn't deserve a new contract) he got worse as the game went on and he is never a winger so why he's put there I do not know.

Heitinga is half hearted and I think of our 3 CB's he's the most likely to leave and with his WC final appearance he could get us up to £10m, so I think Jagielka should be played against Chelsea.

Also Baxter (maybe not against Chelsea) should be given a chance along with Magaye but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Big opportunity missed today, but we can make up for it.

PS> I'm not pissed I won on a footy coupon, so apologies for any unnecessary positivity!
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

February 14, 2011, 12:47:25 AM
Reply #393

montanatoffeefan

I was going to wait for the forum to open up again, but will post this now because I might forget later, you know lads, like going upstairs and wondering "why"?

What is best for Everton FC?

We have what we have, we are what we are and we all know the financial limitations we have, we also know that nothing is likely to change anytime soon that would be perceived as "positive" by the fans.......Strong, probably unpopular decisions need making, anything, just please do something.

What we have, is arguably the best squad for ages, and a decent manager, but there comes a point in time when you can't just keep waiting for things to happen, for things to change for the better.

So what follows in not necessarily my opinion, but I do think somebody with the acumen of say an "Alan Sugar" would take the bull by the horns and make changes.

Maybe best for the club to sell Fellani and another "cash asset" - Why not build a team around Fellani is the obvious retort...but the reason why it's not going to happen are obvious. MF is a better player than Everton, selling him would provide some cash....it won't be long before Pip, Cahill and Saha will not cut it in the EPL, add to that that Heitinger and Billy have not worked out either.....plus Osman, Vic are arguably not good enough.

David Moyes? The man has worked wonders for Everton, he does not deserve to see it all slide away, again maybe it would be best for the club and the man himself if he left us.....with a hand shake, not sacked, not walking, but by agreement for the best of all concerned.........It must be every bit as frustrating for him as it is for us.

The flip side of the coin is that Fellani commits to the clubs, signs another 5 years contract, we all get a lift........but come Christmas 2011

Would it just still be a case of same old shit and frustration, just a different season?

I for one, would like to see some positive managment, even if it is risky, at least it would be doing something to "try and stop trhe rot"

Or we could just sell the club to someone who actually has the know how and money to run a Prem club. The "rot" has come from above, and if we just reshuffle what's below it, the rot will return.
Everton forever.

February 14, 2011, 12:47:30 AM
Reply #394

CarlosAlberto

I love that Moyes takes the blame for 'choosing the tactics'. That sentence makes it sound like he is an tactical genius who regularly changes tactics depending on the opposition, and that we'd merely had a defeat in a season of unanimous triumphs, not someone who consistently picks a dour, negative 4-5-1 whenever possible.

February 14, 2011, 12:48:12 AM
Reply #395

Shogun

Administrator
we seemed to have given up at the in the last ten minutes of the game, i cant even think of one of our players who can hold their heads up high after that performance. the only positive was Baxter.

February 14, 2011, 12:50:06 AM
Reply #396

everton.chris

Beckford has also been pants today, not completed a pass and yet to control a ball. Doesn't mean he should be booed off the pitch.
Now now, you of all people should know you cannot slag our players off, or are you really a closet hypocrite i who  values your own opinion but nobody else's.
People who know it all are especially annoying to those of us who don't

February 14, 2011, 12:50:25 AM
Reply #397

cantoffee

I love that Moyes takes the blame for 'choosing the tactics'. That sentence makes it sound like he is an tactical genius who regularly changes tactics depending on the opposition, and that we'd merely had a defeat in a season of unanimous triumphs, not someone who consistently picks a dour, negative 4-5-1 whenever possible.

He can't win can he? When he doesn't take the blame he should, and then when he does it's because he thinks of himself as a tactical genius.

Come on.

February 14, 2011, 12:51:06 AM
Reply #398

everton.chris

Why didn't we try and loan Sturridge?
Because he knows he is on a winner at Chelsea and Bolton

February 14, 2011, 12:53:29 AM
Reply #399

everton.chris

Gueye, oh wait he's not on the bench today.
And neither is Vaughan or the Yak.... oh look they are scoring goals now, maybe they are honing their Championship goal scoring prowess ready for next season with us

February 14, 2011, 12:55:00 AM
Reply #400

montanatoffeefan

A poor, poor performance. Would think that Moyes wants to get a taxi home from Bolton, sod the coach trip, go back on monday and pack it all in.
What is the point for him. Shit squad, no money now and none for the future - walk away, no job staright away so shop at Aldi for a couple of months and get a new job with a Club that may have a pot to piss in.
What would Billy Liar d0 - bring in Big Sam and just survive.
Don't know where we go from here = beat Chelsea and make the season worthwhile if we survive relegation.
NOT a good day

On the post match analysis, Curbishley seemed to be lobbying a bit for the job. Wouldn't that be lovely. Though we could do worse, and may well.
Everton forever.

February 14, 2011, 12:56:12 AM
Reply #401

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
The mong-meter has just gone haywire.

February 14, 2011, 12:57:09 AM
Reply #402

everton.chris

Has Osman ever played before? For anyone who wanted Bily off, I hope you realize why bringing in Osman is far worse than keeping Bily on.
No he hasn't, he was, is and definately will be total fucking shite, the sad thing is the bellends that still praise him cannot see that he will only get worse and worse.... if that is possible

February 14, 2011, 12:57:17 AM
Reply #403

kunal32

It's going to be a rocky and roller coaster of ride to get to the 42 points mark. I'm sure we'll limp to it. Summer should be interesting. BK searching for a new manager :-)

February 14, 2011, 12:58:16 AM
Reply #404

Shogun

Administrator
And neither is Vaughan or the Yak.... oh look they are scoring goals now, maybe they are honing their Championship goal scoring prowess ready for next season with us
no offense dude but the level between the two divisions is huge, its not like either of them were banging them in either before they left for crystal palace and Leicester, saha been cracking them in , cahill is back, anichebe in the ranks beckford also , baxter still in, you would assume the first 4 in particular should be sufficient enough for us not to be short on strikers , especially in the 451 formation