November 18, 2017, 06:19:33 PM

Author Topic: "Too Good To Go Down"  (Read 11375 times)

February 14, 2011, 06:28:11 PM
Reply #15

Sprooly

well be fine there is 3 teams that are shitter then us

deCoubertin

February 14, 2011, 06:35:06 PM
Reply #16

montanatoffeefan

No one is too good to go down and we seem to be leaking goals like there is no tomorrow. A major over haul of defence is needed next season as much as two decent strikers that will score 20 between them. We used to pride ourselves in being a team that is tough to beat and not conceding many, I can't remember our last clean sheet. Even Scunthorpe managed to score past us!

Our defense was overrated by many earlier in the season, based on our goals against average looking about the same as it had in recent seasons past. But I never thought we looked as steady or committed in defense this season.

And we are starting to pretty regularly give up bad goals. Maybe Jags getting fit and returning would help. Don't know that there's so simple an answer as that, though.
Everton forever.

February 14, 2011, 06:36:18 PM
Reply #17

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

Funny that, I thought Bolton were 'shitter than us'.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 14, 2011, 06:40:20 PM
Reply #18

Sprooly

Funny that, I thought Bolton were 'shitter than us'.

im not sure if uve seen the table but bolton were 8th...

obviously i was referring to teams like wigan west ham wolves west brom or blackpool

but yeah whatever be a negative Nancy and fear the worst like you always do

and when i came on 10-15 minutes ago i was so surprised to see a thread started by you today

funny that isnt it

February 14, 2011, 06:40:31 PM
Reply #19

matty1878

if we beat the teams,we play around us we will be ok. but its everton we will do it the hard way!
row u seat 167 park end

February 14, 2011, 06:40:40 PM
Reply #20

bryan

Defense has been shit since City turned Lescott's head.  Him along with Jags and Baines were an unbelievable backline.  We should have pushed on from there.  Been downhill ever since.  Distin and Heitinga would be nothing more than benchwarmers behind those guys.  And starting Anichebe yesterday - another sign of how far we have fallen.  We are a small time selling club with no ambition and fewer assets to sell window after window.  The clubs we used to point and laugh at are doing that to us now.

February 14, 2011, 06:41:07 PM
Reply #21

Alanvideo

..............None of which we have beat this season  :bonk: add W Brom to that list ? ,they beat us 4-1 at Goodison.  :bonk:  still think we'll be 'fine' ??? :headbang: we are too close for comfort mate.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 14, 2011, 06:43:27 PM
Reply #22

Sprooly

..............None of which we have beat this season  :bonk: add W Brom to that list ? ,they beat us 4-1 at Goodison.  :bonk:  still think we'll be 'fine' ??? :headbang: we are too close for comfort mate.

yeah we are defintley to close to comfort but some people defintley need to tone down the worrying a win againest Sunderland at home in 2 weeks and we could only be 4 points away from a European place

February 14, 2011, 06:46:16 PM
Reply #23

bloody scally

I vaguely remember us haivng a shit game in a patch of decent form every occasional season.

We are currentlly 7 points off Sunderland in 7th with a game in hand.
With a run of form, bringing positivity to the overall club, you would all be talking about a European place.

There are too many games left to start talking about relegation. You'll just bring the club down.

February 14, 2011, 06:46:19 PM
Reply #24

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
im not sure if uve seen the table but bolton were 8th...

obviously i was referring to teams like wigan west ham wolves west brom or blackpool

but yeah whatever be a negative Nancy and fear the worst like you always do

and when i came on 10-15 minutes ago i was so surprised to see a thread started by you today

funny that isnt it

West Brom beat us 4-1 at home.
Wigan were unlucky not to win.
Wolves we didn't beat either, and they just showed what they're made of by beating United.

Saying there are 3 teams 'shitter than us' is pretty fucking stupid to be perfectly honest because if this season has shown anything it's that out of the teams between (roughly) 7th-20th, no team is shitter than any other.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 14, 2011, 06:46:44 PM
Reply #25

bryan

A win yesterday and we could have passed the team we would have beaten.  Didn't happen.  Instead, we had what Moyes called one of the most disappointing performances he has seen in nine years.  

How can we be positive that the squad will be up for Sunderland when they didn't even make the trip to Bolton?  This year will probably be remembered for us doing just enough.  

I would love to see how Bill spins just enough into NSNO.  Kenwright out.

February 14, 2011, 06:47:00 PM
Reply #26

matty1878

but sunderland,arent a "shit side" so getting 3 points isnt an easy thing. and going by yesterdays clueless display,we have every right to be worried
row u seat 167 park end

February 14, 2011, 06:48:04 PM
Reply #27

BigWoodenSpoon

Personally I think there's a lot worse teams than Everton at the mo.  And Everton seem to be up for the big games so i reckon there could be a surprise result against Either United, City or Chelsea.

wouldn't be worrying about things just yet, but football is a funny old game.

February 14, 2011, 06:49:28 PM
Reply #28

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I highly doubt we'll get relegated this season (although it would be foolish to believe there isn't a chance).

But say if we finished 14th-17th, with no investment in the summer, we'd only slip further back and our top players will want out.

February 14, 2011, 06:52:50 PM
Reply #29

Sprooly

West Brom beat us 4-1 at home.
Wigan were unlucky not to win.
Wolves we didn't beat either, and they just showed what they're made of by beating United.

Saying there are 3 teams 'shitter than us' is pretty fucking stupid to be perfectly honest because if this season has shown anything it's that out of the teams between (roughly) 7th-20th, no team is shitter than any other.

Wolves are 6 points behind us
West ham are 5 points behind us

you say wigan nearly beat us, you would have been at that game right?
you noticed that everton had shot after shot and was very unlucky not to win right? but ofcourse u will look to the one chance they had...

if we get 2 wins do u see wolves picking up 13 points?
do u see west ham picking up 12?

honest to bloody god