November 20, 2017, 10:23:39 AM

Author Topic: "Too Good To Go Down"  (Read 11389 times)

February 14, 2011, 06:53:49 PM
Reply #30

bryan

We are talking about being good enough to avoid relegation.  This is the real travesty. 

deCoubertin

February 14, 2011, 06:56:42 PM
Reply #31

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Wolves are 6 points behind us
West ham are 5 points behind us

you say wigan nearly beat us, you would have been at that game right?
you noticed that everton had shot after shot and was very unlucky not to win right? but ofcourse u will look to the one chance they had...

if we get 2 wins do u see wolves picking up 13 points?
do u see west ham picking up 12?

honest to bloody god

1) I saw a team come here park the bus then force a wonder save with about 2 minutes to go.
2) if, that's just it, if. We're playing poorer than either of those 2 teams at the moment.

If you'd bother reading my other posts you'd realise that I'm more worried about what effect this could have on NEXT season.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 14, 2011, 06:57:43 PM
Reply #32

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
We are talking about being good enough to avoid relegation.  This is the real travesty. 

Exactly, people will be happy if we don't get dragged into it rather than furious that it's even a possibility at this stage of the season.

NSNO? lolol
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 14, 2011, 06:58:11 PM
Reply #33

Sprooly

Sunderland (H) - Challenging for Europe and looking good for getting it.
Newcastle (A) - Playing fairly well.
Birmingham (H) - Seem to have turned a corner recently.
Fulham (H) - Same as above
Aston Villa (H) - Fellow strugglers, important game, probably will depend on who wants it more.
Wolves (A) - Looking very good at home, if they can beat United they can sure as hell beat us.
Blackburn (H) - Mid-table team, probably one of our easier remaining games, if we can't win that we're in serious trouble.
Man United (A) - Speaks for itself.
Wigan (A) - In real danger, they'll be desperate for it.
Man City (H) - If they're still going for the title at this point they'll hit us with everything.
West Brom (A) - Relegation battle could go down to final couple of weeks. Hodgson will improve them.
Chelsea (H) - Could still be fighting for 4th.

Watching the way we've played in the last few games, conceding silly goals to the likes of Blackpool and Bolton and not really threatening the other end, I honestly can't see where our next win is coming from.

because that post is screaming with "oh shit next year we could be relegated"

February 14, 2011, 07:00:02 PM
Reply #34

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

We're in a scrap, even Moyes has admitted that, relegation is looking a possibility in the next couple of years if Kenwright doesn't leave this summer.

February 14, 2011, 07:00:37 PM
Reply #35

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

I highly doubt we'll get relegated this season (although it would be foolish to believe there isn't a chance).

But say if we finished 14th-17th, with no investment in the summer, we'd only slip further back and our top players will want out.

I was talking about that one ^

February 14, 2011, 07:03:32 PM
Reply #36

Sprooly

We're in a scrap, even Moyes has admitted that, relegation is looking a possibility in the next couple of years if Kenwright doesn't leave this summer.

its the biggest scrap in the league ever heck even stoke in 9th place could be considered part of the scrap

so u make a thread, not rating our chances againest sunderland birmingham and fulham at home but ur worried about the next few years?

right ok

February 14, 2011, 07:05:54 PM
Reply #37

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
its the biggest scrap in the league ever heck even stoke in 9th place could be considered part of the scrap

so u make a thread, not rating our chances againest sunderland birmingham and fulham at home but ur worried about the next few years?

right ok

How do you think we've played these passed few weeks?

We got comfortably, comfortably, beaten by Bolton yesterday and if it wasn't for a combination of Saha's best performance for us and arguably the worst defence in the league then things may have been very different against Blackpool.

February 14, 2011, 07:11:00 PM
Reply #38

Sprooly

How do you think we've played these passed few weeks?

We got comfortably, comfortably, beaten by Bolton yesterday and if it wasn't for a combination of Saha's best performance for us and arguably the worst defence in the league then things may have been very different against Blackpool.

but you could say that if it wasnt for a dodgy freekick to bolton or if tim cahill might of scored then anything could of happened its just how the game is

i thought saha was great against blackpool but lets not make out like he took on 5 players for each of his 4 goals

1st goal gun ball by billy finds saha with a easy finish
2nd goal combination of rodwell and baines and saha just knowing where to be from a great baines cross
3rd goal right place right time from a corner
4th goal good ball by felli and saha scoring a lovely finish

lets not make out he won it by himself cos he didnt

vs blackpool i thought we played well with a bit of unluckyness/stupidity at the back
vs arsenal we played well for 66 mins before going to shit
vs chelsea (FA cup) really well should of won
vs west ham well errr average

February 14, 2011, 07:12:43 PM
Reply #39

Les Trebilcock

Sunderland (H) - Challenging for Europe and looking good for getting it.
Newcastle (A) - Playing fairly well.
Birmingham (H) - Seem to have turned a corner recently.
Fulham (H) - Same as above
Aston Villa (H) - Fellow strugglers, important game, probably will depend on who wants it more.
Wolves (A) - Looking very good at home, if they can beat United they can sure as hell beat us.
Blackburn (H) - Mid-table team, probably one of our easier remaining games, if we can't win that we're in serious trouble.
Man United (A) - Speaks for itself.
Wigan (A) - In real danger, they'll be desperate for it.
Man City (H) - If they're still going for the title at this point they'll hit us with everything.
West Brom (A) - Relegation battle could go down to final couple of weeks. Hodgson will improve them.
Chelsea (H) - Could still be fighting for 4th.

I see us getting a total of 41pts with that little lot - I hope it's enough.

What Moyes has to realize is the non-performances of Arteta - he simply does nothing for the cause. Arteta's malaise is catching and the quicker he is omitted the better Everton will perform.

You can take that to the bank.

February 14, 2011, 07:17:02 PM
Reply #40

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
but you could say that if it wasnt for a dodgy freekick to bolton or if tim cahill might of scored then anything could of happened its just how the game is

i thought saha was great against blackpool but lets not make out like he took on 5 players for each of his 4 goals

1st goal gun ball by billy finds saha with a easy finish
2nd goal combination of rodwell and baines and saha just knowing where to be from a great baines cross
3rd goal right place right time from a corner
4th goal good ball by felli and saha scoring a lovely finish

lets not make out he won it by himself cos he didnt

vs blackpool i thought we played well with a bit of unluckyness/stupidity at the back
vs arsenal we played well for 66 mins before going to shit
vs chelsea (FA cup) really well should of won
vs west ham well errr average

1st goal - tap in
2nd goal - did well to get passed the defence, once he reached it he couldn't really miss.
3rd goal - un-marked free header into an open net from a corner, about 1 yard out.
4th goal - did really well to keep going and a great finish.

But you've shown yourself there that we only get ourselves up for the bigger teams. We've given away shitty goals against poor teams and not scored nearly enough.

If it wasn't for Saha's performances recently it would look considerably worse right now.

February 14, 2011, 07:19:03 PM
Reply #41

Sprooly

1st goal - tap in
2nd goal - did well to get passed the defence, once he reached it he couldn't really miss.
3rd goal - un-marked free header into an open net from a corner, about 1 yard out.
4th goal - did really well to keep going and a great finish.

But you've shown yourself there that we only get ourselves up for the bigger teams. We've given away shitty goals against poor teams and not scored nearly enough.

If it wasn't for Saha's performances recently it would look considerably worse right now.

its not a lie that we only show up againest the good teams this season

again the blackpool game was a good TEAM attacking performance Saha just managed to be on the end of it 4 times

it must be the weather that makes u guys so negative :P
today i was walking home at 2:30 from school bright sunndy day not a cloud in the sky grass as green as it should be  around 26 degrees and i had a bit of a skip in my step it was such a lovely day and cheered me up

February 14, 2011, 07:21:01 PM
Reply #42

liamgt

Watching the way we've played in the last few games, conceding silly goals to the likes of Blackpool and Bolton and not really threatening the other end, I honestly can't see where our next win is coming from.
Didnt we score 5 against Blackpool and should have score about 10, hardly not really threatening?

February 14, 2011, 07:21:33 PM
Reply #43

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
its not a lie that we only show up againest the good teams this season

again the blackpool game was a good TEAM attacking performance Saha just managed to be on the end of it 4 times

it must be the weather that makes u guys so negative :P
today i was walking home at 2:30 from school bright sunndy day not a cloud in the sky grass as green as it should be  around 26 degrees and i had a bit of a skip in my step it was such a lovely day and cheered me up

All of the goals we scored were very avoidable from a Blackpool point of view.

February 14, 2011, 07:23:26 PM
Reply #44

Sprooly

All of the goals we scored were very avoidable from a Blackpool point of view.

but u know what ur just a really really negative person when it comes to looking at everton (i wouldnt know outside of football)

but honestley if u want to look at it like that then what is the fun in supporting ur team if every time we score a goal ur going to say oh the other team could of avoided that