November 22, 2017, 03:26:54 AM

Author Topic: "Too Good To Go Down"  (Read 11405 times)

February 14, 2011, 07:24:14 PM
Reply #45

bryan

There is very little fun in supporting Everton right now.

deCoubertin

February 14, 2011, 07:25:40 PM
Reply #46

Sprooly

There is very little fun in supporting Everton right now.
really because the feeling that i had after that blackpool game (only 1 week ago) and during the whole week was great

February 14, 2011, 07:31:38 PM
Reply #47

bryan

I was happy too, but any gains from clawing back against Blackpool were flushed yesterday.

February 14, 2011, 07:32:23 PM
Reply #48

Sprooly

I was happy too, but any gains from clawing back against Blackpool were flushed yesterday.
yeah it was a bad result but there is always a bright side to look at

February 14, 2011, 07:39:09 PM
Reply #49

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
really because the feeling that i had after that blackpool game (only 1 week ago) and during the whole week was great

We conceded 3 goals at home to fucking Blackpool, in my eyes that's worse that conceding 4 to West Brom.

They have a shite defence which we captitalised from and scored 3 easy goals.

Some people are just blindly optimistic.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 14, 2011, 07:55:31 PM
Reply #50

Gash

Global Moderator
I see us getting a total of 41pts with that little lot - I hope it's enough.

What Moyes has to realize is the non-performances of Arteta - he simply does nothing for the cause. Arteta's malaise is catching and the quicker he is omitted the better Everton will perform.

I'd have agreed with that a few weeks ago, but I thought the last couple of games he's shown glimpses of getting back to his best. Even yesterday I thought him and Baines were the best of a bad bunch. Not that that took much doing but I thought he looked a bit better yesterday and last week and was at least trying to do something, taking people on and even passing forward.

He's still not there, but he's alot better than he was earlier in the season.

February 14, 2011, 08:06:53 PM
Reply #51

Connavar

I thought that was Arteta's best performance of the season. Feels weird saying that after yesterdays result, but i've been quick to criticise the lad in recent weeks, so credit where its due. Players like Arteta and Baines are massively important for us to start picking up positive results over the next couple of weeks.

February 14, 2011, 08:08:50 PM
Reply #52

Les Trebilcock

I feel that the position we're in, Arteta's style is not required. For me, Arteta & Bilynot fast are too 'girly' for the fight. Heitinga thinks he's rockhard and he's not - a liability. The team overall looks fragile. Add to that, our game at the Bridge is (I feel) something we could do without.

You can take that to the bank.

February 14, 2011, 08:09:26 PM
Reply #53

Jamokachi

Some people are just blindly optimistic.

And some are bad emos.

February 14, 2011, 08:28:15 PM
Reply #54

JoeHart

the team in terms of ability is to good to go down, the manager in terms of ability is not.
That gives us problem
Everton forever

February 14, 2011, 08:35:42 PM
Reply #55

Bluenose 91

February 14, 2011, 08:39:24 PM
Reply #56

bryan

Heitinga is better on a really good team.  He needs to be surrounded by class players that can cover when he takes himself too far out of position or gambles everything on a tackle and loses.  He doesn't have the makeup to be the rock in the center of the defense IMO.  I think Jags needs to get back there as soon as possible and give a string of MOM performances to stabilize us.

February 14, 2011, 08:48:47 PM
Reply #57

Meak

there's no such thing as too good to go down i think. if we were "too good to go down" we wouldnt be in this damn position all season long!!

and we wouldnt be giving away players and not bringing them in...

reminds me of a few seasons ago, newcastle
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin

February 14, 2011, 09:00:31 PM
Reply #58

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think we are too good to go down tbh.  Some of our performances this season have shown that.  Doesn't mean the players don't need to start grafting and fighting like crazy but I still don't believe it will happen.

February 14, 2011, 09:07:57 PM
Reply #59

Connavar

Its the lack of goals scored and the inability to keep clean sheets that worries me.