November 14, 2018, 01:52:35 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea vs Everton  (Read 70394 times)

February 19, 2011, 11:47:31 PM
Reply #345

Derek

He's welcome to a free seat for life providing he sells the bloody club :D
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 20, 2011, 12:27:22 AM
Reply #346

montanatoffeefan

Ideally, Bill can continue in his public role as a fan of the club provided he's just a figurehead. He does well in that.
Everton forever.

February 20, 2011, 03:25:52 AM
Reply #347

everton.chris

All we need now is everton.chris

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Been at hospital all week, my dad is seriously ill, just been on here and glad to see you missed me. Great performance by us pathetic post by Silas, glad to see somethings don't change
People who know it all are especially annoying to those of us who don't

February 20, 2011, 03:27:16 AM
Reply #348

Derek

You do have a habit of flying in whenever we're doing badly and you also admitted to always betting against us. Silas wasn't to know about your auld fella.

On that topic, I hope he's doing OK and will pull through! All the best!
Clarion Call.

February 20, 2011, 03:33:28 AM
Reply #349

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Been at hospital all week, my dad is seriously ill, just been on here and glad to see you missed me. Great performance by us pathetic post by Silas, glad to see somethings don't change

I wish your dad nothing but good health but I am no hypocrite and you do only turn up 99% of the time to

a) Slag off Osman
b) Slag off the team

February 20, 2011, 03:35:59 AM
Reply #350

everton.chris

You do have a habit of flying in whenever we're doing badly and you also admitted to always betting against us. Silas wasn't to know about your auld fella.

On that topic, I hope he's doing OK and will pull through! All the best!
My dad is a tad better thanks mate for asking, long story cut short but he is the reason i AM an Evertonian, through and through believe it or not. PS  I bet against Everton because i am an awful gambler so i bet against us hoping i lose the bet, sounds weird but it is my way strange way of hoping we win
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:38:07 AM by everton.chris »

February 20, 2011, 03:43:37 AM
Reply #351

everton.chris

I wish your dad nothing but good health but I am no hypocrite and you do only turn up 99% of the time to

a) Slag off Osman
b) Slag off the team

Thanks for your thoughts about my dad, LO is shite 99% of the time, but i love this football club. I am not going to say anything about LO anymore, as his performances will speak for themselves, you have have thoughts about him but i can see more and more people on here are realising he has had his day, i can't quite remember that day but i am sure you can  ;)

February 20, 2011, 03:54:40 AM
Reply #352

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Haven't had more than about 30 minutes sleep since 12.30pm yesterday, so incredibly worth it.

I'd go as far as to say it's my 2nd-3rd favourite match I've witnessed, so proud to be an Evertonian today.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 20, 2011, 04:13:57 AM
Reply #353

evertonjoe

Haven't had more than about 30 minutes sleep since 12.30pm yesterday, so incredibly worth it.

I'd go as far as to say it's my 2nd-3rd favourite match I've witnessed, so proud to be an Evertonian today.

But to be fair we only beat them on pens and Essien only came on in the second half.  :smug:

R.A.P Music

February 20, 2011, 04:29:23 AM
Reply #354

Craig_1878

Gutted I missed this because of work. Told my boss to fuck off when he told me we'd won on pens and Neville scored the winner. Yeeeees!
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

February 20, 2011, 04:45:15 AM
Reply #355

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

But to be fair we only beat them on pens and Essien only came on in the second half.  :smug:

Pretty much the strongest side they could have played minus 2 that came off the bench and we were missing Saha.

I'll fucking take it.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 20, 2011, 04:47:23 AM
Reply #356

Derek

Few of my thoughts today:

Howard was outstanding at shot stopping. I agree with Si and his comment earlier that he's not so good at aerial balls. Nevertheless, top notch today.

Shame Bily didn't start. He needs games to see if he's going to reach his obvious potential. He's getting there and I can't say Osman offered anything more today, despite having one of his better games.

Arteta needs to focus on getting his midfield game entirely back in swing. I think he should be taken off all dead ball situations and left to focus purely on his bread and butter. He can't seem to get it right (apart from that pen today!) and Baines has proven again he's FAR superior with free-kicks in those positions. Bily, Baines and Osman call all cross an excellent ball from corners.

There's a problem with integrating Cahill into our team now. He's still amongst our best 11 players but probably not in our best team, in my opinion. Unless we're playing to his strengths, he's not heavily involved, as I don't think he's especially versatile. If we had a full strength squad, I probably wouldn't start him.

Beckford needs to hit a few more balls at goal, because he can score them. He also need someone to work with up front. He put in an excellent shift, but he's looked at his best when Saha has been on the pitch with him (who we missed today, I think).

Johnny wasn't very good in regular time, but his theatrics (and a solid pen) were excellent today. Exactly what we needed. Just wish he'd sort out his game a bit and stop talking about moves away!

Neville was excellent today too. He's solid at the back despite not offering too much going forward. Stepped up to the plate BIG TIME for our last pen. I was hoping it'd be him. Great celebrations afterwards. He is an absolutely superb Captain, no matter his odd fault.

Baines must be worth trillions just now. He does his job so well. He runs his line like a man possessed. I'd say he's ahead of Cole just now and I mean it. He's a top, top, top player. Let's hope Bily (who has also taken a while to establish himself) can prove to be as good.

That is all.
Clarion Call.

February 20, 2011, 05:04:37 AM
Reply #357

cantoffee

Agree about Baines, he's been the best LB in the league by a long distance this season and as good as Fellaini is, Baines is far more consistent. Given that he's a LB and not a CM or Striker his influence on the game is massive, if he keeps playing like this next season then I think he'll have to be considered world class.

I think Cahill just needs an extra couple days off, he can play in our best 11 and it'll be interesting to see how him and Saha play together but he's looked really off the pace since coming back.

Not really much Beckford could do today, he doesn't have the ability to play up front on his own away to Chelsea, few players do. The only thing that he did that bugged me was pull Ferreira down when we had a break in order to get himself open, it was a stupid play and could have cost us a goal scoring opportunity. Still not convinced he'll be anything more than a squad player, but that's just about fine with me.

February 20, 2011, 05:54:54 AM
Reply #358

Gash

Global Moderator
Pretty much the strongest side they could have played minus 2 that came off the bench and we were missing Saha.

I'll fucking take it.

Great isn't it. And if we make the final, no one can say it was their reserves we beat.  :woohoo:

February 20, 2011, 06:16:02 AM
Reply #359

bluestevie

unbelievable joy listening to that today, thought we were sunk when lampard scored, went mental when bainesy scored and was physically shaking during the shootout with nerves. when nev's went in i went into some kinda mad trance in which my glasses flew off twice, i repeatedly kissed the badge on my shirt and beat my fist into my bed several times

even got a high five off my rs supporting dad, who had been saying to me all week that he had a feeling we would do them on pens
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson