December 16, 2017, 12:58:47 PM

Author Topic: UEFA CUP DRAW  (Read 2316 times)

December 15, 2009, 02:08:55 AM
Read 2316 times

Fitzstar

Does anyone know how the this draw is gonna work I have heard somewhere not sure if its correct that the seeded teams which isn't us unfortunately, get a home game as the second leg? its for some flights I'm gonna be booking Friday as last time it took forever for the matches to be confirmed with the dates and by that time the airlines had put the prices up threefold, thanks in advance

deCoubertin

December 15, 2009, 05:44:26 AM
Reply #1

fortune9

i am just stickin to the coaches unless it is to far obv but benfica an liege was great trips prob work out cheaper aswell
Those that dont know do not matter!

December 15, 2009, 01:55:48 PM
Reply #2

Blake

Does anyone know how the this draw is gonna work I have heard somewhere not sure if its correct that the seeded teams which isn't us unfortunately, get a home game as the second leg? its for some flights I'm gonna be booking Friday as last time it took forever for the matches to be confirmed with the dates and by that time the airlines had put the prices up threefold, thanks in advance

That is right in theory. The problem is, with Liverpool in the same competition & also not seeded - we will not play at home on the same night. We may be switched round (or even moved to a Wednesday ??).

I suspect UEFA will want to switch Liverpool though, to give them the home game second. I'm sure the suits will want to look after them.

All means booking flights before a decision will be dodgy.

December 15, 2009, 06:38:51 PM
Reply #3

van der Meyde

I suspect UEFA will want to switch Liverpool though, to give them the home game second. I'm sure the suits will want to look after them.
That's nonsense.

They won't just 'give' Liverpool the 'second leg home-game advantage' because the other team would have none of it.

They'd more than likely just play the games a week earlier or some such. Something similar happened when we played Brann afterall.

December 15, 2009, 07:42:10 PM
Reply #4

fast lane

Uefa Cup draw?
Wow, is this a flashback or something.

The Europa League it is now, and has been for a few months too.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 16, 2009, 02:48:45 AM
Reply #5

Endless, Nameless

Yeah, you'd think an Everton fan would know what it's called. The EUROPA LEAGUE is all we have.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.