November 21, 2017, 12:14:19 PM

Author Topic: /great article by Prentice  (Read 1639 times)

January 18, 2010, 02:43:09 PM
Read 1639 times

nomorechang

RIP
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/01/18/david-prentice-magnificent-marouane-fellaini-s-pirouette-now-part-of-everton-fc-s-folklore-100252-25622662/

EVERTONIANS are cussedly different – some would say downright bloody awkward. Because while most football supporters celebrate goals, salute star players and roar their approval at victories, Blues fans are quirkier.

Sure, they love their triumphs, but the greatest roars are reserved for the unconventional.

Goodison folklore is littered with idiosyncratic cameos, moments you won’t find in any history books, but incidents still spoken of with dewy-eyed pride years later.

Joe Parkinson’s drag-back in an FA Cup semi-final; Jimmy Gabriel checking an imaginary wristwatch by a Wembley corner-flag; Duncan McKenzie running from Goodison Road to Bullens Road in a cup-tie against Stoke City, feigning step-overs every four or five yards; Big Neville’s one-handed catch...

To that eclectic mix you can now add ‘Marouane Fellaini’s pirouette’. ..........

:hail:    :cheers:   lolol
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

deCoubertin

January 18, 2010, 03:44:34 PM
Reply #1

.Rimbo.

Nice article, but bar "Big Nev's catch", I've never heard of the other incidents. Any of the older members care to enlighten?

January 18, 2010, 03:53:48 PM
Reply #2

Murf666

True.  Fellaini did two things that us Blues love against City:

1) took the piss out of someone with a lovely bit of skill (this is why we still go on about Fernandes every transfer window).
2) Put in a crunching sliding tackle (this - along with the winner against the RS - is why we still have fond memories of Carsley).

That's why he's suddenly a crowd favorite.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

January 18, 2010, 05:55:12 PM
Reply #3

nomorechang

RIP
Nice article, but bar "Big Nev's catch", I've never heard of the other incidents. Any of the older members care to enlighten?

Jimmy Gabriel in 1966 FA cup final took the ball to the corner flag after wwe'd come back from 2 - 0 down to lead 3 - 2 and a bit of piss taking / time wating ... Duncan Mc Kenzie in 3rd round FA cup tie v stoke  played a blinder and at one point got the ball on the left hand side in front of the Gwladys st and danced across to the right beating  about 4 players with ease and being chased by the managers son Waddington to no avail , made him look like a right muppet ....
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 18, 2010, 06:30:47 PM
Reply #4

Flusky

True.  Fellaini did two things that us Blues love against City:

1) took the piss out of someone with a lovely bit of skill (this is why we still go on about Fernandes every transfer window).
2) Put in a crunching sliding tackle (this - along with the winner against the RS - is why we still have fond memories of Carsley).

That's why he's suddenly a crowd favorite.

Was it that one when Bellamy (I think) ran past our players, and for 15 seconds you could just see him charging like a rhino and in the end Bellamy shat one and backed off the ball?

January 18, 2010, 07:03:06 PM
Reply #5

Frantic

Does anybody remember when we scored the winner against City a few seasons ago and everybody was smacking the top of their heads? a jesture Fowler did running down the line earlier on in the match when he scored..  :snigger: