November 23, 2017, 03:34:34 PM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Newcastle United  (Read 46506 times)

March 05, 2011, 08:08:38 PM
Reply #60

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder how that midfield will line up?, Id sooner have Arteta on the right wing but something tells me it will be Rodwell there
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 05, 2011, 08:09:59 PM
Reply #61

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Interesting line up.  I think I like it, certainly do Arteta no harm to have a go on the wing.

March 05, 2011, 08:24:41 PM
Reply #62

Stumpy

I hope i'm wrong but that midfield don't look up to it.I know coleman probably needs a break.however he is the one midfielder that has genuine pace,and sorry Neville in midfield is something i thought was long gone.As i said i hope i'm wrong,but it looks a home win for me 2-0.

March 05, 2011, 08:31:12 PM
Reply #63

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I can't say I'm a fan of that line up. Is Rodwell really going to pushed wide? I don't thing he is a winger in slightest, and it's a big slight to Billy yet again. Or if its Arteta out wide then our central pairing will be very uncreative. One too many square pegs in round holes.

I understand Coleman probably needs a rest but I can't see the midfield creating much, we look setup to defend and trying to get something on the break. At least with Saha and Beckford we have a degree of quality that could trouble a defence.

March 05, 2011, 08:34:10 PM
Reply #64

Derek

Not convinced this will work at all. I would've put Heitinga into the midfield and left Neville at RB. Not especially pleased to see Hibbert back in the team.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 05, 2011, 08:36:16 PM
Reply #65

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Not convinced this will work at all. I would've put Heitinga into the midfield and left Neville at RB. Not especially pleased to see Hibbert back in the team.

I am the only one who has the love for Tony :(

March 05, 2011, 08:36:19 PM
Reply #66

Always a Toffeeman

most defensive 4 4 2 ever bring back the 4 5 1! would expect rodwell on the wing unless moyes thinks cos coleman can play rm hibbert could too!
 #formerly efc for life

March 05, 2011, 08:41:04 PM
Reply #67

AidyEFC9

Tbh, i thought are midfield looked better for the Reading game and look how poor we was, now we've got Neville in there alongside Rodwell i would imagine and i don't feel confident at all that are midfield will get the better of Barton, Nolan and Tiote.

I think Arteta will go on the left and link up with Baines and try and forge a partnership like Baines and Pienaar had and get at Newcastle that way as there right hand side isn't as strong as the left or centre IMO.

Quality wise, there centre of midfield is better than ours and that's where it could be won or lost. Tiote is a very good player, as strong as an ox and doesn't shirk a tackle, neither does Barton but he can pass a ball very well and dictate the play and can put in a good set piece and is a better player than alot of Evertonians give credit for!. And Nolan brings goals to the party so he's always a threat.

This could turn out to be a tough afternoon for us today but it depends on what Newcastle AND Everton teams turn up today?!. Tbh im more bothered about Everton and if the Everton team that was shockingly shit versus Bolton and Reading turn up then it doesn't matter what Newcastle team turns up, they'll win cos when were bad, were disgustingly bad!.

March 05, 2011, 08:42:12 PM
Reply #68

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'm surprised we didn't put Heitinga and Duffy on the wings with Neville and Rodwell and go with a true 8-0-2.

Then we can sub in Mucha for Saha and play 2 in goal.

March 05, 2011, 08:42:47 PM
Reply #69

Shogun

Administrator
like to see jose baxter get a stint today
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 05, 2011, 08:44:54 PM
Reply #70

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair there is only Hibbert brought in that is negative there.  It is still a 4-4-2.  I can only presume Coleman is fucked.

March 05, 2011, 08:46:35 PM
Reply #71

marky v

Never understand the resting a player shite myself 90minutes of rest on a matchday if theyre even lucky enough to get the full match or give them a couple of days during the week i know what sounds like rest to me if its a mental thing how does being on a bench watching the game give you a break either?? bizzare but a subject for another thread,

anyway i'm made up Beckford is starting with Saha upfront and least were more likley to get a goal than midweek but i don't think it's the shake up we needed Jagielka should have been benched besides Bily he was the worst player on the park midweek Heitinga should of been given a start, and agree with blueToffee not very creative Neville and Rodwell are unlikley to create and its pin our hopes on the unpredictable Osman and the underperforming Arteta - either way though i do see Beckford causing them problems with his pace lets hope we switch onto his runs for once

March 05, 2011, 08:47:09 PM
Reply #72

Stumpy

On the bbc line ups Barton not playing.

March 05, 2011, 08:47:37 PM
Reply #73

Always a Toffeeman

maybe moyes has realised the only thing that could possibly kick start our season would be a tony hibbert goal and a proper riot so really we are playing 4 3 3 with saha and becks supporting hibbert
 #formerly efc for life

March 05, 2011, 08:48:04 PM
Reply #74

Derek

We haven't seen Hibbert much this season, but he wasn't up to scratch the few times he has been on. Not even close.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku