September 19, 2019, 05:46:27 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Birmingham.  (Read 58844 times)

January 23, 2010, 11:00:12 PM
Reply #240

MexicanToffee

We missed far too many chances in the second half. Not good enough.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

January 23, 2010, 11:00:31 PM
Reply #241

Fellainis Hairdresser

back to normal play shite and go 2-0 down before we get a performance
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

January 23, 2010, 11:00:49 PM
Reply #242

Midfield General

I see 11 months out hasnt improved Arteta's dead ball skills
Another pearl of a comment from you ffs!

January 23, 2010, 11:01:23 PM
Reply #243

sharpattack

Saha was taken off just as he woke up. He certainly looked moere likely than Vaughan who did nothing
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

January 23, 2010, 11:01:29 PM
Reply #244

Ong-Timus Prime

We missed far too many chances in the second half. Not good enough.

2nd half at least we created chances, 1st half we were AWFUL!
if you know yer history...

January 23, 2010, 11:49:43 PM
Reply #245

Rockafella

Birmingham are Shite...We did not take our chances 2nd half and that's why we are out, simple as.

Atleast Arteta is back, we just need Jags now and it's happy days and a good UEFA/Europa and run in to the end of the season.

Euro footy is not out of reach for next season, we could get into 6th or 7th by May.

January 24, 2010, 12:57:36 AM
Reply #246

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

Sorry to say people: I told you so.

January 24, 2010, 01:15:55 AM
Reply #247

Derek

Utter bollocks. Couldn't watch the game, but reading comments and reports makes me need a drink.

What are we doing?
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 24, 2010, 01:22:15 AM
Reply #248

bluestevie

bitterly disappointed with the game today, definate case of after the lord mayors show. woeful 1st half, better second half but poor finishing yet again. oh and to anyone who's predicted defeat and are bragging about it fuck right off!!!!
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

January 24, 2010, 01:37:51 AM
Reply #249

bluemanx3

i cant understand neville as right back, every time he had a chance to cross he passed back or delayed, useless $3*^, coleman must have thought once hibbert was out the way he had a chance, moyes has a blind spot at right back selection

January 24, 2010, 03:44:12 AM
Reply #250

bluenose14

Birmingham are Shite...We did not take our chances 2nd half and that's why we are out, simple as.

Atleast Arteta is back, we just need Jags now and it's happy days and a good UEFA/Europa and run in to the end of the season.

Euro footy is not out of reach for next season, we could get into 6th or 7th by May.

How are they shite? We are better than them but they are fifteen games unbeaten.  Shite sides dont usually go on a run like that incase you havent noticed. 

January 24, 2010, 03:55:43 AM
Reply #251

Rockafella

They are Shite!

80% of their game is defend, we've played them twice and totally dominated them, the previous time I don't know how they managed to get the draw.

Unbeaten run, how many shitty grateful wins and draws in that lot then.

Bag of Shite!

January 24, 2010, 03:57:15 AM
Reply #252

huck

I thought they played how we used to have to. Impressed with them, grinding out results isn't a bad thing. Good luck to them, just sucks that it was at our expense.
Le Berry

January 24, 2010, 04:05:39 AM
Reply #253

bluenose14

They are Shite!

80% of their game is defend, we've played them twice and totally dominated them, the previous time I don't know how they managed to get the draw.

Unbeaten run, how many shitty grateful wins and draws in that lot then.

Bag of Shite!

Yes theyve rode their luck in a few games, so what.  Teams dont usually come out of the championship and start having fifteen games unbeaten by playing attractive football.  Football is about grinding out results and defending well, its not always about plating arsenal-esque football.  We should have beaten them today but how you can say they are shite is beyond me.

January 24, 2010, 04:36:26 AM
Reply #254

Popeye

Taken me a while to get to grips with today, but here goes...

First half, largely woeful. No ideas, no composure (except for Fellaini), no pace.
Second half, better. Made some chances, but apart from Ossies' goal, Hart only had one serious save to make.

Plusses - Fellaini again the MoM for the Blues, and of course the return of Mikel Arteta. Pienaar, Heitinga and Ossie did okay.
Negatives - Distin looked indecisive; Billy poor, but maybe affected by the early bang in the face; Neville seemed on edge for some reason and Donovan didn't really figure. Cahill was lucky not to get booked before he did for persistant fouling and Saha appeared to be only at 70%.

The biggest negative and real worry to me is Baines. Dreadful defending throughout and totally at fault for the first goal with the one of the worst free kicks even he has taken... that left him totally exposed and out of position. Why does he have to take almost every free kick - he's just not very good at them.

And is he the ONLY left back at the club ?
I seriously think he needs a rest and we should give someone else the left back position. He's been woeful too many times this season and looking at him purely as a left back, I'd rather have Lescott there. Lescott wasn't and isn't a great centre back, but he played really well as a left back when Baines was injured.

The Blues need to sharpen up in front of goal AND play with the same level of intensity and pace as they did against City... in every game from now on.