November 19, 2017, 07:21:59 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Birmingham.  (Read 45767 times)

January 21, 2010, 12:56:27 AM
Reply #30

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
2 1 To us, go 2 up just after half time, they pull one back and we hold on for dear life. Goals from billy and a johnny free kick!!!!!!

Simply simply lovely

January 21, 2010, 01:07:38 AM
Reply #31

cantoffee

I hope we smash them but they've got a really good central defensive partnership and don't tend to concede that much, probably a dominating performance from us but only a 1-0 or 2-0 win.

January 21, 2010, 01:20:01 AM
Reply #32

Weasel

Nice and easy 2-0 win, I don't think they'll prove too difficult for us.

January 21, 2010, 03:31:27 AM
Reply #33

Thom

Administrator
----------------------Howard------------------
Neville--Heitinga---Distin--Baines
Donovan--Pienaar--Fellaini---Bily
----------------------Cahill-----------------
---------------------Saha--------------

Bench: Nash, Osman, Coleman, Vaughan, Gosling, Baxter, Duffy

3-1 Everton. Bily, Saha and Cahill for us, Bowyer for them.

January 21, 2010, 03:40:49 AM
Reply #34

ihatecollina

2-0 at a canter...
The bird in the pink is back.....

January 21, 2010, 04:28:54 AM
Reply #35

Abraders

I will hope for a 1-0 win, they will defend in numbers. COYB!

January 21, 2010, 08:46:50 PM
Reply #36

American Evertonian

I will hope for a 1-0 win, they will defend in numbers. COYB!

This.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

January 22, 2010, 07:08:25 AM
Reply #37

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I know we're on good form but they are a really good team this season I think things like 5-0 4-0 and 3-0 are ridiculous I mean they're ahead of us in the league they can't be that bad even though we've had a dire start to the season.

Exactly, I think people have their heads in the sand a bit as you don't get to their position in the league without doing something right. It doesn't mean they are a better team, but they are pretty solid at the back and are obviously playing for each other which is always a tough combination. And it was only recently that we drew with them at home - there was not 5-0 etc etc.

On top of that cup games are always going to be hard as nobody wants to get knocked out (I mean I wouldn't have pegged Blackburn to score 4 past Villa the other day).

January 22, 2010, 06:19:56 PM
Reply #38

Dublin Toffee

Massive game for us. If we don't pick the needed points up over the next few games we could well be playing for nothing and this is our best chance of making Europe. I can't see either side wanting a replay and I can see goals. 3-1 to us I reckon with Donovan to get a brace
Nothing you can say could tear me away from Magaye

January 22, 2010, 07:22:56 PM
Reply #39

Derek

Donovan has been excellent - I'd love for him to get on the scoresheet this early into his stay.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 22, 2010, 08:43:23 PM
Reply #40

Carmella

2-0

Donovan and Saha

January 22, 2010, 10:21:56 PM
Reply #41

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

Massive game for us. If we don't pick the needed points up over the next few games we could well be playing for nothing and this is our best chance of making Europe. I can't see either side wanting a replay and I can see goals. 3-1 to us I reckon with Donovan to get a brace

God mate don't you follow football or what me and blueToffee have just been saying. Not having a go like but they're on form with a good CB partnership. Jesus Christ.

January 22, 2010, 11:28:50 PM
Reply #42

blueblood1988

Howard                             

Heitinga
Distin
Baines
Coleman

Neville
Fellani
Pienaar
Bilyaletdinov

Vaughan
Saha

Neville and Fellani to get in bowyer and ferguson's faces, get the ball wide to fullbacks and wingers

substitiues

cahill for saha 65 mins

3-1

goalscorers

Heitinga
Saha
Baines (pen)

January 23, 2010, 03:51:30 AM
Reply #43

macko

God mate don't you follow football or what me and blueToffee have just been saying. Not having a go like but they're on form with a good CB partnership. Jesus Christ.
They're due a hammering.And we're due to dish one out.I think we'll rape them! :thumbsup:
We shall not be moved!

January 23, 2010, 03:55:40 AM
Reply #44

bluenose14

Theyre good but not their great.  If we manage to hit anywhere near the heights that we did against city then we should be reasonably comfy winners.  I agree with what you said about the defence though, Dann and Johnson particularly have been excellent.