December 14, 2018, 04:02:44 AM

Author Topic: Everton versus Fulham  (Read 33902 times)

March 16, 2011, 06:11:23 AM
Read 33902 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Reverse psychology support ay? It'd be interesting if the whole ground took that approach :)

March 19, 2011, 10:58:36 PM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
well done Moyes

will do his confidence and progression the world of good

It's bizarre how Moyes handles strikers. It's like he is trying to break their confidence at times.

Hopefully its not Cahill and Saha getting in each others way again.

March 19, 2011, 10:59:55 PM
Reply #2

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I hope we get to see Gueye given a run out today. And not just 87mins or something silly.

March 19, 2011, 11:05:00 PM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not surprised Beckford has been benched. There are only so many sitters you can miss before the manger sees you are a waste of space

Saha had the best chances last time out, and had longer to get a goal too. Neither are doing that well but to point the finger at Beckford is misguided I think.

March 19, 2011, 11:05:29 PM
Reply #4

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
sorry double post

March 19, 2011, 11:50:40 PM
Reply #5

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
 3 RBs combining on the wing there
 :eh:

March 20, 2011, 12:05:51 AM
Reply #6

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It looks like it'll need a set piece for us to score. Coleman looking a little timid going forward these days, not sure why. Are we coaching his positivity out of him?

March 20, 2011, 12:10:47 AM
Reply #7

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe Coleman needed the confidence of scoring. Nice positive run there.

Great footwork from Osman for the goal.

March 20, 2011, 12:40:03 AM
Reply #8

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

March 20, 2011, 01:35:37 AM
Reply #9

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It would be nice if Beckford could make proper contact with one fucking shot for God's sake.

I don't get the grief Beckford gets. He has one chance in 5 mins that probably none of our other strikers would have bothered running for. He's scored 2 goals less than Saha over the season with a fair bit less playing time I'd imagine.

I'm sorry that Saha got injured but we're on 40pts now and I hope Beckford gets a proper run of games until the end of the season and then we'll see how far he has come (or not).

But I've seen plenty of great shots from him this season to have confidence that in his first season with us he could well end up our top scorer.

March 20, 2011, 02:13:54 AM
Reply #10

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes set his stall out when Heitinga came on. At the time we had 7 out of 10 outfield players as defenders so it isn't surprising the game went that way toward the end.

Luckily it paid off as there would have been a lot people peeved with Moyes had we let the win get away.

Shame we couldn't gone on to have a more comfortable game, but we're on 40 pts now so that should be cause for some celebration (albeit a bit of a low bar but given our season its a very welcome milestone).

It was a pretty good first half though, and glad we didn't concede as usual at the 20 min mark as that would've meant we ended with another draw.