November 24, 2017, 08:41:55 PM

Author Topic: Leighton Baines..  (Read 2748 times)

March 22, 2011, 04:51:25 AM
Read 2748 times

123_efc

27 assists in last 3 seasons. I know everybody is licking his arse but I thought that was a great stat. I think only Nani, Fabregas and Lampard have more over the same period of time. The boys a bit special!
I miss Denis Stracqualursi

deCoubertin

March 22, 2011, 05:05:04 AM
Reply #1

montanatoffeefan

Nice stat. No doubt the Player of the Year for us this season (and should be on the short list for the Prem Player of the Year award, though we know he won't be). And should be one of the first names on Capello's national team sheet.

Another great bargain buy by Moyes. Hope LB sticks around for years to come.
Everton forever.

March 22, 2011, 05:13:03 AM
Reply #2

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

I love him!

On and off the pitch he's great, the day and age football is in now it's full of cunts!

Best LB in the Prem and top 10 in the World!
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

March 22, 2011, 05:16:44 AM
Reply #3

toffee_scot

Indeed, probably the only player who - so far this season - fully deserves to win the Everton's Player of the Season Award.

March 22, 2011, 05:18:01 AM
Reply #4

jayc3

fantastic for a left back that. think his attacking play has always been quality but he has also brushed up on his defensive side alot this season making him for me one of the best full backs in europe at the moment. lets just hope nobody comes in for him in the summer!

March 22, 2011, 05:49:27 AM
Reply #5

montanatoffeefan

lets just hope nobody comes in for him in the summer!

Yeah. Given the fate of our recent Player of the Season recipients, perhaps we should give the award to Bilya or Hibbo.
Everton forever.

March 22, 2011, 07:51:11 AM
Reply #6

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Monster of a full back

March 22, 2011, 11:16:52 AM
Reply #7

Optimistic Blue

Name a better left back than him in the world?
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

March 22, 2011, 12:50:59 PM
Reply #8

Derek

I can't think of one just now. He's pushed on to the extent that he's practically in a class of his own.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 22, 2011, 01:04:56 PM
Reply #9

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Hes an absoloute class act is Baines, easily our player of the season.  Best left back in the league this season by a country mile, should be the first player in over 20 years (i think) of ours to make the top flight team of the season, but is probably ranked by the FA behind Ashley Cole, Patrice Evra, Gael Clichy, Benoit Assou Ekotto, Wayne Bridge, Alexsander Kolorov, Glen Johnson, Stephen Warnock and George Elokobi.  Also love Baines Music Blog!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 22, 2011, 01:40:44 PM
Reply #10

dekko

Yes, and to think that Moyes was playing Lescott over him in the beginning at LB; what a waste.