November 20, 2017, 11:30:01 AM

Author Topic: 2 games and we might be reeling in the Redshite  (Read 10090 times)

April 03, 2011, 07:20:04 PM
Reply #30

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
The reds fans are exactly the same ( in fact all fans are) even at there best when they were winning everything in sight they would cheer an Everton defeat,thats rivalry.

Who fucking cares whether or not they do it? it's pathetic and childish and only makes the things they call us all the more justified.

Besides, considering they always do better than us, we're hardly in a position to do it are we?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

deCoubertin

April 03, 2011, 11:58:33 PM
Reply #31

Seamus Ramos

Who fucking cares whether or not they do it? it's pathetic and childish and only makes the things they call us all the more justified.

Besides, considering they always do better than us, we're hardly in a position to do it are we?

So I take it you don't live in the city then? Its called "rivalry". I've grew up around their type, and although its obvious I would rather us be doing a lot better than them, I love to watch them struggle. You get the ferry over to the matches?

April 04, 2011, 12:00:06 AM
Reply #32

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
So I take it you don't live in the city then? Its called "rivalry". I've grew up around their type, and although its obvious I would rather us be doing a lot better than them, I love to watch them struggle. You get the ferry over to the matches?

April 04, 2011, 01:33:58 AM
Reply #33

Jimbo and the Jetset

Most of the people on here telling us off about taking the piss about the Redshite I'd be fairly sure don't come from Liverpool or didn't grow up in the City in the 70s or 80s.  The days when we had playgrounds at school full of the snivelling little cunts and their European Cups and League Titles and every fucker was a Koppite.  Emlyn Hughes and his little victory cry, Tommy Smith, Clive Thomas, Heysel and so on.  These out of towners don't understand the depth of passion towards our loveable neighbours.  Bitter?  Fucking right I am.  COYB.
Life as an Evertonian isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain.

April 04, 2011, 01:34:55 AM
Reply #34

Jimbo and the Jetset

Jimbo likes this.
Life as an Evertonian isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain.

April 04, 2011, 01:37:56 AM
Reply #35

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

I do, or sometimes the plane.  I think that Verm is going ridiculously overboard with his comments though, there's such a thing as a healthy interest in the RS and taking pleasure in their problems irrespective of our own form.

Does this help?

April 04, 2011, 01:38:49 AM
Reply #36

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

April 04, 2011, 03:05:57 AM
Reply #37

bluestevie

fucking embarrassing the comments from jimbo and seamus. im born and bred in this city and honestly dont give a toss about what our red neighbours do. as ive said before i only care about one thing and thats everton football club. any taunts i get off family members who are reds i just laugh off, ignore or have banter over if its derby day 
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

April 04, 2011, 06:46:09 AM
Reply #38

howard1334

doesnt matter if they were above or below us, certain fans are fucking more obsessed with how they do and less about how we do and it annoys the hell out of me
I think this thread was about how we have a great chance of catching them as the team above of us. Your overreaction annoys the hell out of me.

April 04, 2011, 06:49:41 AM
Reply #39

howard1334

I tend to agree with that. I don't really care where they finish, and it's a shame that our seasons will be seen as sucessful if we fnish above them by some people.

If we don't get Europe and finish above them it will be a moral victory and give us some bragging rights, other than that it means fuck all.
[/quo

First of all people seem to forget that the higher you finish the more money you get (by about a million per position) and that is actual cash we could really use. It makes us look better to potential transfers. We are in the same city and are competing for the same youngsters, dont you think it would be relevant for us to place ahead of them so we can point to that when attempting to get players to come to finch farm. It is also a moral victory for the players who need the confidence. So for me and i think any logically thinking fan it does mean fuck all. And bragging rights are important too. Its nice to not have to take shit from liverpool fans.

First of all people seem to forget that the higher you finish the more money you get (by about a million per position) and that is actual cash we could really use. Second It makes us look better to potential transfers (we can argue where we finished is normally a Europe spot). Third we are in the same city and are competing for the same youngsters, dont you think it would be relevant for us to place ahead of them so we can point to that when attempting to get players to come to finch farm. It is also a moral victory for the players who need the confidence. So for me and i think any logically thinking fan it does mean fuck all. And bragging rights are important too. Its nice to not have to take shit from liverpool fans. What everton does is always more important to me but I still like when Liverpool loses (no i would not have let out a cheer yesterday when we were down I would have been to pissed off too..). We have a rivalry with Liverpool. Rivalries make spots more fun. Live a little.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 06:56:42 AM by howard1334 »

April 04, 2011, 08:51:09 AM
Reply #40

Optimistic Blue

I think the concept of banter is lost on some people
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

April 04, 2011, 02:52:30 PM
Reply #41

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

April 04, 2011, 03:49:47 PM
Reply #42

aylesbury blue

Too right I want to finish above Liverpool........and Bolton and Tottenham etc.

All my family are Reds, every single one of them.....and I hate to see them higher than us...but too me it's a side note.  Something when the match is finished and I'm nearly asleep in the car, driving home 200 miles (cos I'm an "out of towner") that I actually think of them.

This has been bought up before and as an "out of towner" it pisses me off a little, so you live within 3 miles of Goodison Park.....admitidally not enough this season, but myself and Bucks Blue travel a round trip of 400 miles, 6 hours (ish) in the car and probably spend 100 all in on a home game, takes 12 hours all told to visit our beloved ground, to support our team and love them as much as anyone else..........after reading that, your right.......I and many other southern blue's must not be very good fans or have an opinion...
Phil Jagielka's best mate and the best player to have played with Tony Cottee....2 brief descriptions of Richie Boyle.

April 04, 2011, 03:53:17 PM
Reply #43

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Shouldn't matter whatsoever where you're from.

Regards to the rivalry, that's exactly what it is, a rivalry. Some people just take the banter a little more seriously than others. Personally if Everton win and Liverpool lose it's a decent weekend, they're our local rivals after all.

April 04, 2011, 04:03:35 PM
Reply #44

nebs

But some people seem more bothered if they lose than if we win

Why would you think that? It sounds like you've listening to too many of their supporters. This is precisely what they say. Then they will go on to get all furious about United winning. What would be the point of football if you didn't have rivalry?

Personally, I love it when they lose and we win. It's funny. It doesn't define me as a person, it just amuses me.

We have got a great rivalry going, and I for one hope it continues.

When the second goal went in against them at West Brom, it game me a warm glow.  :bonk: