November 20, 2017, 03:34:01 PM

Author Topic: 2 games and we might be reeling in the Redshite  (Read 10092 times)

April 04, 2011, 04:09:32 PM
Reply #45

Derek

Schadenfreude. Totally normal reaction. We all indulge in it.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

deCoubertin

April 04, 2011, 04:14:16 PM
Reply #46

Bally

Administrator
Everyone is entitled to have an opinion whether they live here or "out of town" I have stated before, that I really couldn't give a fuck if the RS won the league every year, they are not my team and I am only concerned with my team, yeah I was a little pissed off that a section of the crowd cheered when they seen the WBA equaliser, because we were 2-1 down.

To the people who have  had  a little dig, saying that you must be from out of town or something similar if "you don't get it " I suggest you get a fucking grip I will give you a list of what I hate at the match shall I

Singing Kopites are gobshites when we are not playing them
Singing murderers to every player that has had an attachment with RS
People cheering another teams goal when it is against your rivals when we are getting beat
Idiots screaming at our own players that they are shit and telling them to fuck off

and a list of what I hate about some Evertonians

People who slag off other people who are "out of towners" as if they had no say because they aren't from Liverpool
People who go onto social networks and slag of players using that social network, in an abusive manner

and what do you say to me, do you say I don't get it, you say my opinion doesn't matter because I must get the fucking ferry to watch the games... well I don't I walk for around 10 minutes now, it used to be around 2 minutes and when I was a kid it took as long as it did to get me from Scotty road to goodison park as I got older longer because pubs got in the way, I hate the obsession with RS , I enjoy some of the to-ing and fro-ing with them but some of it is fucking stupid. so I ask again what do you say to me 
It's the roll I way

April 04, 2011, 04:18:59 PM
Reply #47

nebs

Agreed on that.

April 04, 2011, 04:24:35 PM
Reply #48

Gash

Global Moderator
I tend to agree with that. I don't really care where they finish, and it's a shame that our seasons will be seen as sucessful if we fnish above them by some people.

If we don't get Europe and finish above them it will be a moral victory and give us some bragging rights, other than that it means fuck all.

First of all people seem to forget that the higher you finish the more money you get (by about a million per position) and that is actual cash we could really use. It makes us look better to potential transfers. We are in the same city and are competing for the same youngsters, dont you think it would be relevant for us to place ahead of them so we can point to that when attempting to get players to come to finch farm. It is also a moral victory for the players who need the confidence. So for me and i think any logically thinking fan it does mean fuck all. And bragging rights are important too. Its nice to not have to take shit from liverpool fans.

First of all people seem to forget that the higher you finish the more money you get (by about a million per position) and that is actual cash we could really use. Second It makes us look better to potential transfers (we can argue where we finished is normally a Europe spot). Third we are in the same city and are competing for the same youngsters, dont you think it would be relevant for us to place ahead of them so we can point to that when attempting to get players to come to finch farm. It is also a moral victory for the players who need the confidence. So for me and i think any logically thinking fan it does mean fuck all. And bragging rights are important too. Its nice to not have to take shit from liverpool fans. What everton does is always more important to me but I still like when Liverpool loses (no i would not have let out a cheer yesterday when we were down I would have been to pissed off too..). We have a rivalry with Liverpool. Rivalries make spots more fun. Live a little.

I didn't mean from a financial point of view or attracting players . My point was meant that some people deem our season as a success if we finish above Liverpool regardless of where we finish.

As for the numpties saying if you don't live in the city you don't get it, I think Bally covered that pretty well.  :clap:

April 04, 2011, 06:55:01 PM
Reply #49

Purple Aki

Why would you think that? It sounds like you've listening to too many of their supporters. This is precisely what they say. Then they will go on to get all furious about United winning. What would be the point of football if you didn't have rivalry?

Personally, I love it when they lose and we win. It's funny. It doesn't define me as a person, it just amuses me.

We have got a great rivalry going, and I for one hope it continues.

When the second goal went in against them at West Brom, it game me a warm glow.  :bonk:

I was going to post my thoughts, but this man already did  :hail:

April 04, 2011, 07:26:58 PM
Reply #50

guymurphy1989

Osman had 2 or 3 top class chances to win that game for us today and fluffed them all.  The goal he scored was mis hit and fumbled by Friedel.  He's a top blue but like Hibbert, would he get into a CL side?  No he fuckin wouldn't, thats my opinion and if you don't like it, by all means call me a cunt.  I don't give a single flying fuck!

We're not a CL side though are we

April 04, 2011, 09:22:00 PM
Reply #51

Bily No Pace

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion whether they live here or "out of town" I have stated before, that I really couldn't give a fuck if the RS won the league every year, they are not my team and I am only concerned with my team, yeah I was a little pissed off that a section of the crowd cheered when they seen the WBA equaliser, because we were 2-1 down.

To the people who have  had  a little dig, saying that you must be from out of town or something similar if "you don't get it " I suggest you get a fucking grip I will give you a list of what I hate at the match shall I

Singing Kopites are gobshites when we are not playing them
People cheering another teams goal when it is against your rivals when we are getting beat
Idiots screaming at our own players that they are shit and telling them to fuck off

and a list of what I hate about some Evertonians

People who slag off other people who are "out of towners" as if they had no say because they aren't from Liverpool
People who go onto social networks and slag of players using that social network, in an abusive manner

and what do you say to me, do you say I don't get it, you say my opinion doesn't matter because I must get the fucking ferry to watch the games... well I don't I walk for around 10 minutes now, it used to be around 2 minutes and when I was a kid it took as long as it did to get me from Scotty road to goodison park as I got older longer because pubs got in the way, I hate the obsession with RS , I enjoy some of the to-ing and fro-ing with them but some of it is fucking stupid. so I ask again what do you say to me 

Good post. and to think I used to like that Jimbo lad.
Bily No Pace has no signature