September 20, 2019, 08:25:14 AM

Author Topic: Wigan V Everton  (Read 52313 times)

April 25, 2011, 11:58:35 PM
Read 52313 times

Derek

Bily simply can't start after the performance on Sat. Reckon Cahill might get a start, but I hope we don't play too negatively. It is feckin Wigan, after all.

Can see a win. 3-1.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

April 30, 2011, 10:01:51 PM
Reply #1

Derek

I think everyone is overreacting, as usual. It was a bad half, but it wasn't the worst thing ever, we could very well come out second half and run it and go on to win.

We need some pace on the pitch so one of Gueye, Coleman, or Beckford needs to be coming on to stretch their defense a bit.

Voice of reason, again.
Clarion Call.

May 01, 2011, 12:02:38 AM
Reply #2

Derek

My take on it:

Weak defensively, you've all overreacted to the Arteta penalty miss, we didn't offer much to be honest and Wigan would be reasonable in thinking they deserved the three points. Overall, though, we're never ace at Wigan and a point away from home is never all that bad. Osman and Howard were superb, team selection seemed reasonable to me, but it's clear the one up front scenario just isn't going to work. Season is petering out.

Oh and I've wanted to throw ad homs at Verm myself for being a bit of a tit sometimes, so I don't blame anyone else for doing it.

Point away from home. Season drawing to a close anyway and overhauling our neighbours has been a long shot for a while now. Cheer up a bit.
Clarion Call.