November 20, 2017, 01:50:02 AM

Author Topic: Everton 1-0 Sydney (ft)  (Read 16662 times)

July 11, 2010, 08:57:52 AM
Reply #105

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Jesus, someone's taking the piss big time.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

July 11, 2010, 09:02:57 AM
Reply #106

Rick@OZ

I only paid it because I havent been to an Everton game since I was back home 3 years ago for a holiday, I was talking to Evertonians at the game who flew over from Perth just to be there, thats a 4 hour flight on top of the match ticket :bonk:
EVERTON THE PEOPLES CLUB

July 11, 2010, 09:09:21 AM
Reply #107

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Unfortunately in these types of games expectations are rarely met as the crowd (understandably in this case with the 80 quid price tag) expect entertainment like an exhibition game but the players and more importantly Moyes is using this as any other pre-season fixture (the first one at that) as a fitness exercise.

It'd probably have been the same had Man Utd shown up too so I don't think its necessarily an Everton issue, but that said we have very few flair players and with Pienaar out and nobody on the right still we're not always the prettiest side to watch when our "get the job done" players are out there. I'd further argue that there aren't that many teams in the world that are truly entertaining to watch when there is nothing at stake on the scoreline.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the game though.

July 11, 2010, 09:16:10 AM
Reply #108

Rick@OZ

thats ok mate they cant all be cracking games and I do agree Man Utd or any other team would have been the same
EVERTON THE PEOPLES CLUB

July 11, 2010, 10:37:38 AM
Reply #109

Rob Burns

I was at the game too but had little expectations of a good game due to it being a the first game of the pre-season. I was happy enough just to be at another Everton game.

Having said that I didn't pay for the tickets as my RS brother bought them for me as a birthday present.

July 11, 2010, 11:22:00 AM
Reply #110

saaby1

I really enjoyed the game , my first time watching Everton , and thought we played well considering it was our first pre-season game. Sydney FC did look fitter and sharper , but they have been training for like 2 months now , and already played 3 friendlies. Our passing was great at times , and i really enjoyed watching Arteta , Osman and Baines play

July 11, 2010, 11:26:01 AM
Reply #111

Rick@OZ

Glad you enjoyed your first Everton game mate, its always nice to get a win. Try and get yourself over to Goodison young man and see what its really all about.

PS where abouts in Sydney are you from?
EVERTON THE PEOPLES CLUB