November 25, 2017, 12:00:54 PM

Author Topic: James Wallace  (Read 3599 times)

May 31, 2011, 03:41:45 PM
Read 3599 times

123_efc

Is signing a new contract today according to his twitter
I miss Denis Stracqualursi

deCoubertin

May 31, 2011, 04:56:41 PM
Reply #1

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

How good is he, is he due a game in the 1st team or we just wasting our time with him?
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

May 31, 2011, 05:23:54 PM
Reply #2

GWS

Jimmy Martin told me a couple of years ago, that they had great hopes for Wallace.

He has just returned from a very successful loan spell at Stockport County, (successful for him that is, County were relegated) where observers said he was head and shoulders above anyone else in the division, and appointed captain, at the age of 19. A good pre season with the first team, could see him feature on the bench next season. He has an excellent attitude for a young man, and his strength of mind means he has little respect for anyone on the football field, no matter how big the reputation. A good box-to-box midfielder, tenacious in the tackle, but could probably do with adding more goals to his game. 

One to watch.

May 31, 2011, 05:40:04 PM
Reply #3

Derek Mountfield

I can confirm that.  My mate is a Stockport season ticket holder and said that Wallace became the fulcrum of the team from his first game.  He said it was hard to rate his best position as he could "do it all"....apparently he excelled in the holding position, as a box-to-box player or as the link man between attack and midfield.  But the one thing he rated above all else was his range of passing.   

May 31, 2011, 05:47:38 PM
Reply #4

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Jimmy Martin told me a couple of years ago, that they had great hopes for Wallace.

He has just returned from a very successful loan spell at Stockport County, (successful for him that is, County were relegated) where observers said he was head and shoulders above anyone else in the division, and appointed captain, at the age of 19. A good pre season with the first team, could see him feature on the bench next season. He has an excellent attitude for a young man, and his strength of mind means he has little respect for anyone on the football field, no matter how big the reputation. A good box-to-box midfielder, tenacious in the tackle, but could probably do with adding more goals to his game. 

One to watch.

This as a loan player speaks volumes of the lad. Quite an achievement.

May 31, 2011, 05:50:41 PM
Reply #5

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

I heard his loan spell was very good (For him) I didn't know he captained the side.
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

May 31, 2011, 05:58:13 PM
Reply #6

aylesbury blue

Good lad....I've been told that he is of the same sort of development as Leon Osman was,
Phil Jagielka's best mate and the best player to have played with Tony Cottee....2 brief descriptions of Richie Boyle.

May 31, 2011, 06:05:40 PM
Reply #7

JoeHart

he wont be anywhere near the 1st team next season.
He will be off on loan probably to a higher division club.
Everton forever

May 31, 2011, 06:14:55 PM
Reply #8

toffee_scot

Sounds like he could become a decent football player, hopefully he gets more experience on loan next season but this time in a higher division.

May 31, 2011, 06:37:44 PM
Reply #9

MmmBlueRamirez

Good lad....I've been told that he is of the same sort of development as Leon Osman was,

Indeed, Osman had rave reviews when on loan at Derby.

Lets hope that Wallace turns out better than Osman (not that Osman is shite of course, hes a very good utility player).

Hopefully we'll still have enough first team players left after the annual weakening of our squad (that is the summer transfer window) to allow Wallace to go back out on loan and continue to develop.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

May 31, 2011, 06:44:04 PM
Reply #10

Major Clanger

He'll be like a new signing.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 31, 2011, 07:14:23 PM
Reply #11

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
we dont need another central midfielder ffs

May 31, 2011, 09:27:21 PM
Reply #12

Bily No Pace

Bily No Pace has no signature

June 01, 2011, 02:20:33 AM
Reply #13

Fern

Anyone got any footage of the lad?

June 01, 2011, 05:02:43 AM
Reply #14

wigster

wont get a look in. dnt think he will ever make the grade IMO. loved to be proved wrong mind. anyone know how good this barkley is going be?
tony scores we riot