November 18, 2017, 08:11:17 PM

Author Topic: Schalke's Lewis Holtby and Ivan Rakitic  (Read 3185 times)

December 15, 2009, 09:28:48 PM
Read 3185 times

Sensei

Linked with Everton again.

Schalke might have to sell players because of their financial situation.

deCoubertin

December 15, 2009, 09:40:13 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We can't afford £7 million for a 19 yo though.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 15, 2009, 10:54:06 PM
Reply #2

fast lane

I didn't know Schalke were doing that poorly, financially.

It's not as if we've got any money to spend.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 15, 2009, 11:02:30 PM
Reply #3

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Funnily enough I was wondering about Lewis Holtby the other day when I saw him get an assist for Schalke. 

Like Blarg says though, I'd be surprised if we'd shell out £7m on him at this stage in his development.  Or in January either -  a loan with a view to permanent would be more likely.

I imagine this is more likely just a story put together on the back of Schalke's financial woes, and that Holtby has said he would like to play of for us one day - there was an even an article about him which mentioned this in the last World Soccer, so perhaps it triggered this story!

December 15, 2009, 11:24:31 PM
Reply #4

KingdingalingNL

Where has the 7m come from? and as Fast Lane said I didn't know they were hard up??

December 15, 2009, 11:45:07 PM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I saw the report on the bbc's gossip column and it was the sun that came up with £7 mill.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 16, 2009, 01:20:29 AM
Reply #6

Chazman

There's more chance of The Sun coming up with £7 mil than Blue Bill
"I fuckin love this club"

December 16, 2009, 02:54:11 AM
Reply #7

Midfield General

According to Sky text the player wants to stay and prove himself at Schalke. Read what you will into that.

December 16, 2009, 02:57:44 AM
Reply #8

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
According to Sky text the player wants to stay and prove himself at Schalke. Read what you will into that.

That is precisely what it says in the World Soccer article that I referred to earlier, so I'm assuming they're just quoting from that too.

All round lazy journalism this looks like!

December 16, 2009, 03:02:12 AM
Reply #9

Midfield General

That is precisely what it says in the World Soccer article that I referred to earlier, so I'm assuming they're just quoting from that too.

All round lazy journalism this looks like!
Most likely mate I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

December 16, 2009, 04:02:43 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator

He says his dad's an Evertonian as well. But as he's only 19, he wants to prove himself in Germany.

December 16, 2009, 08:22:08 PM
Reply #11

Ong-Timus Prime

The Sun? Lazy journalism? sure not ;)
if you know yer history...

December 17, 2009, 03:08:06 AM
Reply #12

RICH

silly season up and running again wonder how many players we will get linked with over the next 6 weeks  :eh: