November 19, 2017, 03:01:22 PM

Author Topic: 'Dead certs'  (Read 1533 times)

June 11, 2011, 10:24:00 PM
Read 1533 times

EFC Elliot

If we got, what people on here believe are dead certs i.e. Demba Ba, SWP, N'Zogbia and Boyata plus possibly 1 or 2 frees, I'd be very happy and class this window as a success PROVIDING we keep hold of our better players... Felli, Rodders, Baines, Jags, Heitinga etc etc. Agree?

deCoubertin

June 11, 2011, 10:36:03 PM
Reply #1

montanatoffeefan

Alas, no such thing as dead certs when it comes incoming players to Everton. At least not until they have actually arrived. Make that played in an official game with an Everton shirt on (remember Manny for his last no-go-round?).

But, all things considered, that would be a decent summer and not too far out of the question financially--provided SWP is free and cuts his wages by 80 percent or so.

Though I'd like to see Moyes also unearth a few gems for free or next to nothing, as he has so often in the past.
Everton forever.

June 11, 2011, 10:41:05 PM
Reply #2

EFC Elliot

Ha, very true! I would like to do the business with the lower leagues as its provided sucesful in the past, as long as all business is done early then it should prove a half decent summer. We shall see.

June 11, 2011, 10:41:11 PM
Reply #3

KingdingalingNL

What happend to us signing Dale Jennings??

It now looks as he is off to Bayern!

June 11, 2011, 10:43:24 PM
Reply #4

bluedavey

Didn't someone on here say we had an agreement with tranmere for Jennings?

June 11, 2011, 10:47:47 PM
Reply #5

KingdingalingNL

Didn't someone on here say we had an agreement with tranmere for Jennings?

That is what I thought, but all the reports I am hearing is that Bayern are close to a deal.

June 11, 2011, 10:49:15 PM
Reply #6

montanatoffeefan

Ha, very true! I would like to do the business with the lower leagues as its provided sucesful in the past, as long as all business is done early then it should prove a half decent summer. We shall see.

Yeah, good point. And something the club hasn't accomplished for awhile--probably not since the summer we brought in AJ, etc. early. And not coincidentally got off to probably our last good start to a season.

Seems we've taken the opposite tact since then, and paid a far bigger price than a few weeks of saved wages.
Everton forever.

June 11, 2011, 11:36:57 PM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If we got, what people on here believe are dead certs i.e. Demba Ba, SWP, N'Zogbia and Boyata plus possibly 1 or 2 frees, I'd be very happy and class this window as a success PROVIDING we keep hold of our better players... Felli, Rodders, Baines, Jags, Heitinga etc etc. Agree?

To be honest, I'd be happy with that lot coming in (minus SWP) and one of our top players going out to make it possible (not Baines though). One of Rodwell, Arteta or Fellaini, wouldn't be a problem. Preferably Bily and Heitinga could go if those two could bring the money in required along with whatever dosh we may have.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney