December 11, 2017, 11:20:19 PM

Author Topic: Why can't I get on the official board (Blue Room)?  (Read 3242 times)

December 15, 2009, 10:49:06 PM
Read 3242 times

David Moyes

I'm getting a message saying its closed down? Why?
 ???

deCoubertin

December 15, 2009, 11:11:10 PM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Been closed for ages thanks to lots of racism and zero moderation. It is better here anyhow, at that is coming from a former Blue Roomer.

December 15, 2009, 11:26:08 PM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
Your the manager of the club, I thought you had the final say on everything?  :whistle:

December 15, 2009, 11:27:52 PM
Reply #3

David Moyes

Been closed for ages thanks to lots of racism and zero moderation. It is better here anyhow, at that is coming from a former Blue Roomer.

I used to occasionally browse, shame it went downhill.

Was it just people purposefully trying to ruin the forum?

December 15, 2009, 11:29:43 PM
Reply #4

David Moyes

Your the manager of the club, I thought you had the final say on everything?  :whistle:

Yeah, they went straight over my head on this one. Not right is it.

December 15, 2009, 11:38:14 PM
Reply #5

Bluescouse1

About 5 or 6 weeks ago
I got an email of them asking if I wanted to be a moderator for the new Blueroom
So I thought it would have been opening soon after that
anyone else get one

December 15, 2009, 11:42:18 PM
Reply #6

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I dont think anyone intentionally killed it. Just general ignorance.

Yeah I got the email but it was rejected on reply!

December 15, 2009, 11:59:24 PM
Reply #7

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I cant see it being worth the hassle. They are asking for mods to reply to an email address that does not exist. The techies seem completely useless. Doesnt bode well. Dont know why they didnt just associate themselves with something like here.

December 16, 2009, 01:09:12 AM
Reply #8

toffee_scot

Bluerooms been closed since August, I did get an e-mail asking if I wanted to be a mod but I'm not interested.

In fact this site is much much better monitored by the likes of Si and co. and is much better than the Blueroom ever was. Perhaps the OS should just abandon the Blueroom completely, they've done nothing in the last 4 months and maybe it is just not worth it.   

December 16, 2009, 01:14:29 AM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

December 16, 2009, 01:20:02 AM
Reply #10

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
well there are "rumours" that some people at the club have a strong hand in moderating comments on certain other forums...

Ah, that's not the same is it.  Constrictive to say the least.  An open partnership with an existing forum would be good for all concerned I would have thought.  Lurking on forums is just seedy!

December 16, 2009, 02:16:24 AM
Reply #11

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
it needs to be all or nothing I think to be honest

they either need to make said website their official unofficial site, or stop what they do for them - or of course do it for everyone...

Are these unofficial official unofficial sites any better off for it do you reckon si or is more to their detriment?