November 21, 2017, 03:19:43 AM

Author Topic: 2011/2012 fixtures  (Read 7418 times)

June 17, 2011, 05:44:05 PM
Reply #30

Jonny

Newcastle last game of season, that will be nice to relegate them!

:woohoo:

deCoubertin

June 17, 2011, 06:08:59 PM
Reply #31

evertonjoe

Kind of a mixed bag for me these fixtures.

Quite happy with the September as I can get to every game since the away match is against City.

Unhappy that the Derby is on the day I go back to Uni though which not only means that I won't be able to attend the game but I won't be able to watch it on telly either.

Might be able to go to Stamford Bridge again though and that was a cracking trip when we played them in the FA Cup.

R.A.P Music

June 17, 2011, 06:53:29 PM
Reply #32

BigWoodenSpoon

Liverpool and Man Utd usually get two of the promoted sides

Not happened for a while I don't think.  For the first games of the season we played Arsenal last season, Tottenham the season before, and Sunderland and Villa the seasons before that.  Not exactly easy!  Sheffield United were the last team to be promoted and for us to play them the first game of the season in 2006, which will be 5 seasons ago come August.

June 17, 2011, 07:28:01 PM
Reply #33

howard1334

Damn our first few months are tough. Particularly October. By the third month we play 5 of the 6 teams who finished above us. Can not afford another slow start.

June 17, 2011, 07:35:10 PM
Reply #34

Trowel

Our run in is fantastic - after Arsenal on 17th March, we have a finish of nine games with Man U as the only team from the upper echelons. Should fit in nicely with our policy of starting seasons in January.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

June 17, 2011, 07:41:18 PM
Reply #35

American Evertonian

Damn our first few months are tough. Particularly October. By the third month we play 5 of the 6 teams who finished above us. Can not afford another slow start.

Maybe this will force our team to actually perform come game 1.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

June 17, 2011, 08:00:44 PM
Reply #36

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

To be fair the first 5 games aren't too bad.

Even taking out the Spurs game, looking at the other 4 in isolation we'd be expecting to win all 4 of them.

If we can get 10 points from the first 5 games we'll be in confident mood for the next 5.

We have 2 tough periods in October and Feb. The rest should provide a good chance to rack up the points and get some form going.

Unfortunately all of the above is probably useless as we're so unpredictable!

June 17, 2011, 08:07:03 PM
Reply #37

ALEX1878

Blackburn and City 2nd and 3rd away games  :cheers:

June 17, 2011, 08:29:56 PM
Reply #38

evertonjoe

Went through all the games earlier and had us finishing on an optimistic 66 points, that included some outrageous unbeaten runs as well.

I think I may try for Newcastle and Villa away this year as I've never been to either ground and they fall at quite decent times for me.

R.A.P Music

June 17, 2011, 08:42:29 PM
Reply #39

BigWoodenSpoon

Apparently United will be at home after every CL group game. Meaning City will be away. That's 6 games!!! Doesn't seem so random afterall.  :wanker:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:44:08 PM by BigWoodenSpoon »

June 17, 2011, 08:52:01 PM
Reply #40

Haile GAZrselassie

Apparently United will be at home after every CL group game. Meaning City will be away. That's 6 games!!! Doesn't seem so random afterall.  :wanker:

What do you care? Surely you should just be happy to be able to play the majority of your games on a Sunday!

Time to stop thinking about the teams competing in the CL my old cocka, they're of no concern to you lot for anytime in the near future. ;)

As for us. The first two months, only Spurs and City are what I would consider very touigh games, and Moyes seems to have the tactical hand on Mancini so hopefully that continues.

October is clearly difficult but from there until Feb it gives us a run of games that presents us with a marvellous chance to build up a head of steam for a push on 7th place :P
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

June 17, 2011, 09:00:43 PM
Reply #41

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
October is a heavy month, but knowing us we will pick up nine points against UTD,Chelsea and the shite and fuck up at Fulham.

June 17, 2011, 10:03:08 PM
Reply #42

.Rimbo.

Saturday, 13 August 2011
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Everton, 15:00

Saturday, 20 August 2011
Barclays Premier League
Everton v QPR, 15:00

Saturday, 27 August 2011
Barclays Premier League
Blackburn v Everton, 15:00

Saturday, 10 September 2011
Barclays Premier League
Everton v Aston Villa, 15:00

Saturday, 17 September 2011
Barclays Premier League
Everton v Wigan, 15:00

Saturday, 24 September 2011
Barclays Premier League
Man City v Everton, 15:00

Target: 14 points

June 18, 2011, 04:58:42 PM
Reply #43

BigWoodenSpoon

What do you care? Surely you should just be happy to be able to play the majority of your games on a Sunday!

Time to stop thinking about the teams competing in the CL my old cocka, they're of no concern to you lot for anytime in the near future. ;)

Majority of our games on a Sunday??? Eh??? Saturday don't you mean? With us having not qualified for Uefa we won't be playing on a Sunday. 

I'm concerned for the other teams going for the league. It doesn't seem fair that United have 6 home games after playing in Europe whereas all City's matches are away! Nothing to do with team competing in the CL, just the Prem.

June 18, 2011, 05:48:02 PM
Reply #44

Bluesnapper

I see that there is a big lack of midweek games.  >:(