November 22, 2017, 05:20:38 AM

Author Topic: Aiden Macgedy  (Read 8709 times)

December 16, 2009, 02:56:29 AM
Reply #15

Midfield General

He would give us natural width something we are crying out for and at that price he's worth a punt imo.

deCoubertin

December 16, 2009, 03:03:44 AM
Reply #16

montanatoffeefan

Not been impressed with what I've seen of him to be honest, which admittedly isn't an awful lot.

I have seen an awful lot of him and have not been impressed -- at least in terms of his Prem potential. And his best days are behind him IMO. He's where he belongs -- in the SPL.
Everton forever.

December 16, 2009, 03:05:02 AM
Reply #17

cantoffee

I have seen an awful lot of him and have not been impressed -- at least in terms of his Prem potential. And his best days are behind him IMO. He's where he belongs -- in the SPL.

Isn't he about 24? How could his best days be behind him already?

December 16, 2009, 03:53:01 AM
Reply #18

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Surely the main point is that we haven't got any money.

However, if we did have money £6m would be a reasonable gamble. Even if he was rubbish, someone in the Championship would be able to pay c.£4m so we wouldn't lose too much money.

From what I've seen, he's capable of having good games even at CL level. He's also capable of having poor games at SPL level.

You'd back Moyes to get the best out of him though.

But as I said, more than likely to be a non-starter.

December 16, 2009, 03:59:14 AM
Reply #19

Gash

Global Moderator
I think he looks okay, I hope it isn't another Mc Fadden were he flatters to deceive but lets be honest with ourselves, at six million he is the best we can hope for and is worth a punt.

That's exactly who reminds me of. Mcfadden. He seems to run at people trying to be all Ronaldo with the fancy step overs, then either gets tackled or trips over the ball.

When he does get a cross in, it usually ends up behind the goal line. Looks ok in the SPL, but I wouldn't like to see him here, I think he'd get found out in the EPL. I know plenty Celtic fans, and apparently, his attitude is rotten. Trouble is, he isn't as good as his ego thinks he is. He's a big fish in Scotland, and for me, thats where he should stay.

December 16, 2009, 04:08:37 AM
Reply #20

Les Trebilcock

If Moyes does have circa £6m to spend in January another Scotsman is well worth investigating, that is Chris Burke of Cardiff.

You can take that to the bank.

December 16, 2009, 04:12:41 AM
Reply #21

Gash

Global Moderator

If Moyes does have circa £6m to spend in January another Scotsman is well worth investigating, that is Chris Burke of Cardiff.

Not worth the £6m either. He's looked good the last couple of games for Cardiff, and scored a couple of belters in the last week.

Bottom line is, he couldn't get a game in a poor Rangers team. Hit the big time with a few decent performances, got injured, I think, then fell off the radar.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 04:19:01 AM by Gash »

December 16, 2009, 04:24:46 AM
Reply #22

blue for you

i rather go for david bentley at spurs if we have 6 million to spend.
macgedy is getting it hard to get on the rep of ireland team even stephen hunt
is getting on the team before him that says it all really, another scott spencer
of motherwell remember him

December 16, 2009, 04:31:31 AM
Reply #23

efcforlife

I just wish I knew who Macgedy was??

I watch loads of scottish games aswell, usually celtic games  ???

Aiden McGeady is one to watch though...

December 16, 2009, 05:36:52 AM
Reply #24

Gash

Global Moderator

December 16, 2009, 04:07:16 PM
Reply #25

sharpattack

What a retarded comment. Arteta once played his football in Scotland, is he rubbish?
For the slow learners here are the facts. Any player transferring straight from the Scottish League to the Premier league cant hack it. There are too many instances of flops who were viewed as class acts failing to make the grade. The last high profile one was Barry ferguson who couldnt hack it at Blackburn. Then there is the case of the "Scottish Wayne Rooney", Mcfadden, who was a totaL WASTE OF SPACE. Other spectacular flops were Laudrup who went to Chelski from Rangers and Van Bronckhorst who couldnt hack it at Arsenal. Spare me the Arteta line as he came from Spain. he wasnt signed from Rangers. Even the big lummox Drunken Duncan was a waste of space. The last decent player to join an English club directly from a Scottish club was Alan Hanson. Scottish football is a joke
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 16, 2009, 04:37:16 PM
Reply #26

top flight for a long time

For the slow learners here are the facts. Any player transferring straight from the Scottish League to the Premier league cant hack it. There are too many instances of flops who were viewed as class acts failing to make the grade. The last high profile one was Barry ferguson who couldnt hack it at Blackburn. Then there is the case of the "Scottish Wayne Rooney", Mcfadden, who was a totaL WASTE OF SPACE. Other spectacular flops were Laudrup who went to Chelski from Rangers and Van Bronckhorst who couldnt hack it at Arsenal. Spare me the Arteta line as he came from Spain. he wasnt signed from Rangers. Even the big lummox Drunken Duncan was a waste of space. The last decent player to join an English club directly from a Scottish club was Alan Hanson. Scottish football is a joke
Sharpy?  Came from Dumfermlin didn't he?  Weren't they in the SPL? Gough? Weir?  Need I go on?
We're forever Everton....

December 16, 2009, 04:45:13 PM
Reply #27

Jamokachi

Scottish football may be a bag of crap. That doesn't mean ALL player in the league are rubbish and incapable of making it on a larger stage.

McFadden is a solid Premiership player. He wasn't right for Everton, but Premier league class he is none the less.

Barry Ferguson was a massive flop at Blackburn, correct. But I'm sure he's back in the Premiership at the moment. Playing for a team sitting in sixth? No?

Giovanni van Bronckhorst a massive flop? The same player that went on to make over 100 appearances for Barcelona? Proper shit him. The fact he failed at Arsenal was down to a cruciate knee ligament injury. And the embarassment of talent Arsenal had in their midfield at the time (when he returned from injury).

Laudrup. Again another player ravaged by injury following his move south. The poorer brother of Michael, I doubt anyone ever epected a World beater. If they did, more fool them.

As for the Duncan comment. Well, I'd expect nothing less from you.

Arteta maybe Spanish, and may have come from a Spanish club to Everton. A club where he warmed the bench after leaving Rangers, a club you could say he flopped at. The fact of the matter he did grace Scottish football. Thus proving that all who play north of the border are not shit.

Larsson. A World class striker who spent most of his career with Celtic. Does that make him any less of a player?

Scottish football does not have the depth of talent as some of the larger European leagues. But it does have it's rough diamonds.

December 16, 2009, 04:51:34 PM
Reply #28

MmmBlueRamirez

I just wish I knew who Macgedy was??

I watch loads of scottish games aswell, usually celtic games  ???

Aiden McGeady is one to watch though...

Idiot.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 16, 2009, 04:53:43 PM
Reply #29

MmmBlueRamirez

Sharpy?  Came from Dumfermlin didn't he?  Weren't they in the SPL? Gough? Weir?  Need I go on?

What about that Moyes fella? eh? Actually he was a bit shit so i'll shut up.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama