November 24, 2017, 07:03:17 PM

Author Topic: Aiden Macgedy  (Read 8727 times)

December 16, 2009, 05:33:33 PM
Reply #30

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
For the slow learners here are the facts. Any player transferring straight from the Scottish League to the Premier league cant hack it. There are too many instances of flops who were viewed as class acts failing to make the grade. The last high profile one was Barry ferguson who couldnt hack it at Blackburn. Then there is the case of the "Scottish Wayne Rooney", Mcfadden, who was a totaL WASTE OF SPACE. Other spectacular flops were Laudrup who went to Chelski from Rangers and Van Bronckhorst who couldnt hack it at Arsenal. Spare me the Arteta line as he came from Spain. he wasnt signed from Rangers. Even the big lummox Drunken Duncan was a waste of space. The last decent player to join an English club directly from a Scottish club was Alan Hanson. Scottish football is a joke

Only joke here mate is your lack of knowledge as Jamo has clearly highlighted.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

deCoubertin

December 16, 2009, 05:51:22 PM
Reply #31

ForzaItalia

For the slow learners here are the facts. Any player transferring straight from the Scottish League to the Premier league cant hack it. There are too many instances of flops who were viewed as class acts failing to make the grade. The last high profile one was Barry ferguson who couldnt hack it at Blackburn. Then there is the case of the "Scottish Wayne Rooney", Mcfadden, who was a totaL WASTE OF SPACE. Other spectacular flops were Laudrup who went to Chelski from Rangers and Van Bronckhorst who couldnt hack it at Arsenal. Spare me the Arteta line as he came from Spain. he wasnt signed from Rangers. Even the big lummox Drunken Duncan was a waste of space. The last decent player to join an English club directly from a Scottish club was Alan Hanson. Scottish football is a joke

As someone  has already pointed out to you, Sharpy came from north of the border, he was quite useful wasn't he?

Lots of Scottish players have made the grade in England after moving from Scottish clubs. The Muppets across the park have had a few in their time.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

December 16, 2009, 06:47:22 PM
Reply #32

sixymack

sign him up young pacey yes please

December 16, 2009, 07:06:56 PM
Reply #33

irishblue

I understand mcgeady divides people he does the same with the irish fans no doubting his ability on his day he is world class just needs to be more consistant plus i think he is going stale at celtic and needs a move.My main point is though he brings PACE something we are really lacking moyes can do great things with this guy

brendan bambury207

December 16, 2009, 07:14:30 PM
Reply #34

Bally

Administrator
Flash in the pan player good for one game shit for three I would rather not thank you very much
It's the roll I way

December 16, 2009, 11:49:37 PM
Reply #35

sharpattack

Scottish football may be a bag of crap. That doesn't mean ALL player in the league are rubbish and incapable of making it on a larger stage.

McFadden is a solid Premiership player. He wasn't right for Everton, but Premier league class he is none the less.

Barry Ferguson was a massive flop at Blackburn, correct. But I'm sure he's back in the Premiership at the moment. Playing for a team sitting in sixth? No?

Giovanni van Bronckhorst a massive flop? The same player that went on to make over 100 appearances for Barcelona? Proper shit him. The fact he failed at Arsenal was down to a cruciate knee ligament injury. And the embarassment of talent Arsenal had in their midfield at the time (when he returned from injury).

Laudrup. Again another player ravaged by injury following his move south. The poorer brother of Michael, I doubt anyone ever epected a World beater. If they did, more fool them.

As for the Duncan comment. Well, I'd expect nothing less from you.

Arteta maybe Spanish, and may have come from a Spanish club to Everton. A club where he warmed the bench after leaving Rangers, a club you could say he flopped at. The fact of the matter he did grace Scottish football. Thus proving that all who play north of the border are not shit.

Larsson. A World class striker who spent most of his career with Celtic. Does that make him any less of a player?

Scottish football does not have the depth of talent as some of the larger European leagues. But it does have it's rough diamonds.
McFadden dropped down a division to play football. The team he signed for got promoted. My contention that you can't transfer directly from Scottish football to English football especially holds true for that lad.
Barry Ferguson couldnt hack it in England which is why he went back to Scotland. He is also in a team that is overachieving. I stand by my assessment,
Your defence of Van Bronckhorst is admirable but I'd take the judgement of Wenger over you any day. Just because he's a success at Barca doesnt gainsay the fact that he couldnt hack it in England. Forlan was crap at United but was superb for Villareal
I notice a bit of rowing back on Laudrup. he is the classic example. He looked world class at Rangers and was scottish player of the year. In hindsight you might say only a fool expected a world beater but that is the reality. The reason he wasnt is because he came directly from Scottish football,
With regards to ferguson maybe you are looking at him through rose-tinted glasses, but a striker who had at best a mediocre scoring record. I cant remember him getting into double figures for league goals in any season.
At least with Arteta you finally grasped the point I made. he did not come from Scottish football. From whayt I gather he made about 15 appearances with Sociedad when there for a season
Larsson was back in Sweden before coming to United where he made about half a dozen appearances. I dont know what point you are making about him.

As for the other idiots making a point about Graeme Sharp this only emphasises my point. He joined Everton in 1983!!
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 17, 2009, 04:06:29 PM
Reply #36

Jamokachi

McFadden dropped down a division to play football. The team he signed for got promoted. My contention that you can't transfer directly from Scottish football to English football especially holds true for that lad.

Larsson was back in Sweden before coming to United where he made about half a dozen appearances. I dont know what point you are making about him.

Birmingham were a Premier League team when McFadden joined them, and are again now.

Larsson going back to Sweden before joining Utd has nothing to do with anything. He was a World class player when he played for Celtic.

My point is, not every player in Scotland is rubbish. Some will shine through despite the quality of the league. There aren't many of them, but you can't dismiss a player just because of where he plays.

December 17, 2009, 06:58:28 PM
Reply #37

Paul.

Sharpattack has been throwing this at people for ages now. It doesn't matter where you're from, if you're good enough, sign them.
Who lit the fuse on your tampon ?

December 17, 2009, 07:19:34 PM
Reply #38

BlueSte

I really hope not.

From what I have seen of him I have to agreee not what we need lacks quality IMO.  Maybe Moyes seen something in the lad that he can improve on who knows.
The Black Watch

December 17, 2009, 11:12:34 PM
Reply #39

sharpattack

Sharpattack has been throwing this at people for ages now. It doesn't matter where you're from, if you're good enough, sign them.
I agree. my point is that players who play in Scotland find the move to England a bridge too far.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't