November 23, 2017, 09:57:43 AM

Author Topic: (Bill Kenwright) Say what you like about the RS...  (Read 6363 times)

January 25, 2010, 02:02:10 PM
Reply #15

fast lane

I could be wrong but didn't he basically tell Randy Lerner that we weren't for sale?

Yes, Randy Lerner said so.
Not a better source than the horses mouth.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

deCoubertin

January 25, 2010, 03:09:15 PM
Reply #16

sharpattack

What a pathetic thread. Get Kenwright out and replace him with what exactly? Or is it enough just to get rid of him? I'm sure you were one of those holding up Portsmouth as an example of how we could get rich Arabs to take over but didnt because Kenwright blocked the sale. Or giving other examples like West Ham and bemoaning the fact that they found wealthy new owners whilst BK held us back.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

January 25, 2010, 03:42:14 PM
Reply #17

Sharky

well said sharpy
What a pathetic thread. Get Kenwright out and replace him with what exactly? Or is it enough just to get rid of him? I'm sure you were one of those holding up Portsmouth as an example of how we could get rich Arabs to take over but didnt because Kenwright blocked the sale. Or giving other examples like West Ham and bemoaning the fact that they found wealthy new owners whilst BK held us back.
well said, some people just dont wake up and see the stupid situations other clubs are in because of reclus dicisions by the board. Compared id rather have Bill every time!

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

January 25, 2010, 03:44:14 PM
Reply #18

DaveyB

Other than buy out Doug Ellis and a couple of other people on the Villa board Randy Lerner hasn't put too much money into Villa - they're run pretty much like we are. It seems that he actually loves the game though and it's not just a way to try and make a quick buck as it was with Gillette and Hicks at Liverpool and the Glazers at Man U. If Michel Platini manages to get his plans ratified by UEFA and clubs have to live within their means we'll actually be in a great position (as will Villa). Liverpool and Man U won't be though.

January 25, 2010, 04:13:51 PM
Reply #19

Sharky

Other than buy out Doug Ellis and a couple of other people on the Villa board Randy Lerner hasn't put too much money into Villa - they're run pretty much like we are. It seems that he actually loves the game though and it's not just a way to try and make a quick buck as it was with Gillette and Hicks at Liverpool and the Glazers at Man U. If Michel Platini manages to get his plans ratified by UEFA and clubs have to live within their means we'll actually be in a great position (as will Villa). Liverpool and Man U won't be though.
Thats what i was thinking Dave, or if say the bubble bursts and they want their money back do a quick sale, like portsmouth and not consider the buyers and then the massive wage bill just is like a stone round the clubs neck. and they sink back into division 3 or whereever. oh how i can dream.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

January 25, 2010, 05:28:12 PM
Reply #20

BlueSte

Portsmouths board
The Black Watch

January 25, 2010, 11:38:43 PM
Reply #21

ben0dover

You would rather he sold up to someone like the yanks that bought liverpool then I suppose?
    luke dooley      

January 25, 2010, 11:56:11 PM
Reply #22

rozzie22

is that randy learner story actually true?
i dont remember, and cant find anything in the media (which i work in) with Randy stating he asked to buy everton.
there are plenty of rumours, but no quotes from either party.

January 26, 2010, 12:07:02 AM
Reply #23

bloody scally

is that randy learner story actually true?
i dont remember, and cant find anything in the media (which i work in) with Randy stating he asked to buy everton.
there are plenty of rumours, but no quotes from either party.

I'm pretty sure I read a story about this a few years ago on this site, i'll have a look in the archives if I can.

January 26, 2010, 12:08:27 AM
Reply #24

rozzie22

thanks mate

im not denying it's existance just would love to put this story to bed.

January 26, 2010, 12:23:45 AM
Reply #25

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
You would rather he sold up to someone like the yanks that bought liverpool then I suppose?

They've invested more than Bill.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 26, 2010, 12:45:37 AM
Reply #26

rozzie22

Excellent. cheers guys

Ill give the FT a call tomorrow and try to get a copy of it from their database

had a quick look at their archive section on their website and the interview with Randy Lerner doesnt mention Everton at all, so i'm still abit sceptical about this RL/Everton connection

January 26, 2010, 05:37:35 AM
Reply #27

Bluenose 91

They've invested more than Bill.

Whilst also plunging the club into 350 million pounds worth of debt!

January 26, 2010, 05:42:16 AM
Reply #28

bloody scally

I'll put a question forward.

What does everyone think of BK's decade long search for a new owner?
Are you happy it is taking so long?
Are you appreciative of the stable situation we are in?
Or are you frustrated we miss our chances to progress?

January 29, 2010, 07:23:04 AM
Reply #29

mattyefc91

Why would we march against Kenwright? There is no reasoning behind it, just because he doesn't have a billion pound to give us, he has openly stated he is actively looking for a buyer, he doesnt want to sell it to the first Arab that shows him a bit of money, he wants to sell it to the right person. And how can you say hes stopping us progressing, look how far we have come in the last 10 years!!!!
I Want Curly Hair Too ♥