November 14, 2018, 09:44:24 PM

Author Topic: Bury vs Everton Match Thread  (Read 18173 times)

July 16, 2011, 09:55:36 AM
Reply #105

howard1334

Still lookin' for stateside highlights if anyone's got em. Everton TV is, apparently, not showing in the US anymore (licensing bullshit).

The highlights always come up 24 hours later in the States (where i am from) but you can bypass the issue with a proxy server, see the link. http://www.freewebproxylist.com/UK_WebProxies.html

July 16, 2011, 02:57:47 PM
Reply #106

Derek

The highlights are not great for their goal - was Mucha crap or was it really that good a free kick?
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

July 16, 2011, 04:26:14 PM
Reply #107

ToxtethBlue

I think the balance of the midfield we had in the first half was one we should be looking to use going into the season. I'm a big fan of Arteta in the middle but with our lack of finances and his versatility, using him from the left would probably be the best option. He's does a good job out there and It'd give Osman a proper run in his natural position. I've always considered centre midfield Osman's best position and I think that run of form towards the end of the season has given him a real confidence. He's not quite as good, but his style of play is similar, and we need that style of player in the middle of the park. Someone with quick feet, close control and composure in possession. His willingness to run beyond the ball and get into the box might compliment Fellaini more aswell, rather than two centre midfielders (Fellaini and Arteta) always looking to come towards the ball.

Interesting to see Bilyaletdinov in there aswell. It's the first time in a long time he's looked like a proper creative player. Good range of passing and some good footwork in tight spaces. It's early days and he'll come up against much tougher opposition, but it was a promising performance.

ToxtethBlue

July 16, 2011, 04:54:36 PM
Reply #108

Jamokachi

The highlights are not great for their goal - was Mucha crap or was it really that good a free kick?

It was a good free kick, but one you'd expect a keeper to go for with two hands, and make a save.

July 16, 2011, 05:15:34 PM
Reply #109

charlatan

Just watched the highlights now.  Moyes looks like he's aged about 15 years during the summer break.

July 16, 2011, 05:57:21 PM
Reply #110

Jamokachi

Just watched the highlights now.  Moyes looks like he's aged about 15 years during the summer break.

July 16, 2011, 06:18:34 PM
Reply #111

charlatan

lolol  Thats uncanny

July 16, 2011, 09:03:20 PM
Reply #112

slothzen

The highlights always come up 24 hours later in the States (where i am from) but you can bypass the issue with a proxy server, see the link. http://www.freewebproxylist.com/UK_WebProxies.html

Proxy doesn't appear to work because it can't recognize you've got Silverlight installed.  The vids are available now, though, you're right.  Guess I'll just have to wait.

July 16, 2011, 09:11:23 PM
Reply #113

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I watched the highlights on everton tv this morning from NJ.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama