November 24, 2017, 02:40:05 AM

Author Topic: Rodwell  (Read 8556 times)

July 17, 2011, 06:20:57 AM
Reply #15

sharpattack

Pmsl
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

deCoubertin

July 17, 2011, 07:15:38 AM
Reply #16

bryan

This thread is like the hardware store - full of tools.  Thanks for the news 1807.

July 17, 2011, 08:54:02 PM
Reply #17

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
This thread is like the hardware store - full of tools.  Thanks for the news 1807.

Get out  :wag:

July 17, 2011, 09:08:36 PM
Reply #18

montanatoffeefan

Cheers for the info, 1807.
Everton forever.

July 17, 2011, 10:20:12 PM
Reply #19

Ong-Timus Prime

Keep posting 1807 and ignore the morons spouting shite
if you know yer history...

July 17, 2011, 10:22:42 PM
Reply #20

SpankRock

+1

July 17, 2011, 11:02:03 PM
Reply #21

Jamokachi

Yea 1807, keep us informed of the latest. Do you know how Round takes his tea? I heard he has three sugars. Which really is, if true, an unacceptable influence on the academy lads. Bring in Brian Kidd I say, him and his hot water (SAF told me that was his drink of choice when I met him outside Mecca Bingo in Dundee).

July 17, 2011, 11:08:38 PM
Reply #22

nebs

I saw Yobo and Yakubu talking to N'Zogbia outside a chippy in Wigan. They spoke at length about their future professional plans. Really took me into their confidence.

(Cough...swap...cough)

July 18, 2011, 12:10:07 AM
Reply #23

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

You sound like his mum

July 23, 2011, 04:58:20 PM
Reply #24

Gash

Global Moderator
From the BBC.

1049: FOOTBALL - BBC Sport's chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Growing belief that Everton would now be tempted to sell Jack Rodwell should they receive a serious offer. Once more talking about 20m"

July 23, 2011, 08:13:17 PM
Reply #25

Tony hibberts right foot

I saw riquelme at the airport.......

July 23, 2011, 08:16:01 PM
Reply #26

Seamus Ramos

You sound like his mum

Let us know if i'm supposed to laugh now or later. Nice one 1807!

July 24, 2011, 03:24:22 AM
Reply #27

nomorechang

RIP
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/07/23/man-united-prepare-20m-cash-plus-player-bid-for-everton-starlet-jack-rodwell/

Man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly readying a move to sign long term target Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell. The Old Trafford manager has been pursuing the England Under 21 international for the best part of two seasons and is ready to offer cash plus the addition of a squad player in an attempt to tempt the Goodison Park side into selling the 20 year old.

Some sources believe that the Toffees may be ready to consider offers for the Southport born midfielder as David Moyes looks to prevent Arsenal from capturing centre back Phil Jagielka who has already been the subject of one failed bid from the North London side this month.

Ferguson is looking to freshen up his squad with a number of youthful purchases and having brought in Phil Jones and David de Gea the Scot now turns to Rodwell to help beef up his midfield options and to add more steel to a squad that does not have an abundance of defensive midfielders.

Though the club has a number of central midfielders, with Michael Carrick, Anderson, Darron Gibson and Darren Fletcher to name just four, Man United do lack an enforcer style player and that has become even more apparent following Ferguson’s decision to not offer injury prone former England regular Owen Hargreaves a new contract.

Man United are willing to offer as much as £20m for the powerfully built midfielder and could offer David Moyes Darron Gibson into the bargain or Danny Welbeck on a season long loan deal.

Ferguson has already spent over £50m on David de Gea, Phil Jones and Ashley Young but the Man United manager still has funds to further improve a squad that saw a number of high profile exits over the past few months.

Edwin van der Sar, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville have all hung up their boots and with a number of other high profile players nearing the end of their glittering careers, Sir Alex is keen to bring in the top young talent to play alongside those coming through the club’s academy and youth teams.

If this is true , as much as I'd hate it , We'd have to seriously consider this
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

July 24, 2011, 03:49:32 AM
Reply #28

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If this is true and Man U reckon Rodwell is an "enforcer" who will "add steel" they are set to be sorely disappointed.  Those are not the lads qualities at all.

July 24, 2011, 03:49:51 AM
Reply #29

ForzaItalia

If Man Utd offered 20 million I'd take it. As much as I hate to say it, we can't afford to hold on to him until he matures into the fantastic player most of us think he'll become.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo