November 20, 2017, 11:32:36 PM

Author Topic: Rodwell  (Read 8534 times)

July 24, 2011, 04:08:45 AM
Reply #30

montanatoffeefan

Hard to say if he will become a fantastic player, or even what position he'll play. I'll take 20 million for a question mark. As long as it's not followed up by the quesiton of what happened to the 20 million?
Everton forever.

deCoubertin

July 24, 2011, 04:26:16 AM
Reply #31

efcraz

£20 mill and gibson, whilst hes not the best player in the world, id still take gibson and see what he can do. if he doesnt fit the bill move him on!!! the price will probably be inflated because he was once of man u
twitter: razefc

I'm 25 so big Dunc IS a legend!!

July 24, 2011, 04:35:25 AM
Reply #32

dekko

£20 mill and gibson, whilst hes not the best player in the world, id still take gibson and see what he can do. if he doesnt fit the bill move him on!!! the price will probably be inflated because he was once of man u

I could live with that.
and Moyes gets to keep all 20mil for strengthening the squad.

July 24, 2011, 04:39:29 AM
Reply #33

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
£19m and Welbeck on loan or £20m and I'd snap their hands off.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

July 24, 2011, 04:48:04 AM
Reply #34

montanatoffeefan

Quick, close the thread before Ridge tries to insist that Obertan be part of the deal.
Everton forever.

July 24, 2011, 05:00:38 AM
Reply #35

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Hypothetically obviously, but why would anyone want Gibson to be part of any deal? All he'd be doing is reducing the cash element of the transfer.

July 24, 2011, 05:11:29 AM
Reply #36

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Hypothetically obviously, but why would anyone want Gibson to be part of any deal? All he'd be doing is reducing the cash element of the transfer.

Because he has a foot like a traction engine?

That aside...I'm not sure.

I'd be surprised to see a 20 mil offer for Rodwell though. If we did get one it'd take a lot of faith by Moyes to turn that kinda money down for someone who is still not really an established part of our starting 11.

I'd send him out on loan for 6 months or so personally, assuming this story is nonsense. He needs to play regularly and find his position.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:13:50 AM by blueToffee »

July 24, 2011, 05:35:14 AM
Reply #37

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
£20 million and Gibson for me.

Give Moyes the ¨£20 million, and give Gibson to the bank.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

July 24, 2011, 05:44:48 AM
Reply #38

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
£20 million and Gibson for me.

Give Moyes the ¨£20 million, and give Gibson to the bank.

I thought we were trying to improve our banking relationships!?

July 24, 2011, 05:52:32 AM
Reply #39

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't sell Rodwell. This will be his breakout year. Sell him if you must after this season for upwards of 30M
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 24, 2011, 06:17:05 AM
Reply #40

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't sell Rodwell. This will be his breakout year. Sell him if you must after this season for upwards of 30M

And what if he has another season like last year?

July 24, 2011, 01:28:10 PM
Reply #41

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

Sell him for 15-16M. Very little money lost for what you could gain.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 24, 2011, 01:59:09 PM
Reply #42

nomorechang

RIP

it's all ifs and buts , he's just as likely to have an immense season and double his value if he realises his true potential . I personally am looking forward to him and Ross Barkley forming a massive partnership for us for years to come .
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

July 24, 2011, 02:46:13 PM
Reply #43

bluedavey

Not sure we can afford to sell Rodwell untill we get Fellaini to sign his new deal. Could probably manage losing one but not both.

July 24, 2011, 03:32:50 PM
Reply #44

School of Science

TBH can we afford to sell him now ?no one knows how bad Mikels injury is really,and Fellaini is stil trying to get back to his best,could be worth a lot more next season.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15