November 21, 2017, 06:54:53 AM

Author Topic: Rodwell  (Read 8536 times)

July 24, 2011, 03:34:47 PM
Reply #45

steve81

quite impressed he seemed pretty decent yesterday

deCoubertin

July 24, 2011, 04:48:54 PM
Reply #46

montanatoffeefan

I thought we were trying to improve our banking relationships!?

lolol Yes, they already have enough toxic assets to deal with.
Everton forever.

July 24, 2011, 06:23:03 PM
Reply #47

Fynci

Going out on a limb here. If Rodwell is the one to fund the N'zogbia deal... then I'd not move forward with the deal. I think he has had a dip in form last season, but going on his runouts in the pre-season, he does look like he's coming back to his best. It'd be a shame to sacrifice him now.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

July 24, 2011, 06:28:22 PM
Reply #48

christiffa25

Rodwell looked the real deal last night... So comfy on the ball. Let's hope we get the real rodwell this season

July 24, 2011, 06:35:53 PM
Reply #49

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Rodwell looked the real deal last night... So comfy on the ball. Let's hope we get the real rodwell this season

I thought he was pretty hit and miss myself. Comfortable at times, lost possession though too a number of times and none of his shooting from distance seemed that threatening. Needs some confidence as I think he is still working his way back from last season.

July 25, 2011, 01:27:25 PM
Reply #50

christiffa25

I don't know if peep's have watched any of others Pre season games but some on here seem to use the 'lost possession' gripe far too easily. These are Pre season games getting up to speed and fitness and regaining sharpness and touch ect. Arsenal, spurs and the likes are exactly the same with quality players loosing possession easily and cheaply. That's why clubs have Pre season games!

I thought rodwell looked very assured and committed to winning the ball back. In no way looked like a kid playing in that role. I don't care one bit that at this stage of Pre season he gave the ball away 3 times in the match!

He's going to justify himself this season I'm sure of it.. Can't wait!

July 25, 2011, 05:34:34 PM
Reply #51

ToxtethBlue

Indeed, and he only started to lose possession towards the end of the game, when everyone was getting tired. The heat is ridiculous in Washington, so it's no surprise really.

I thought he did very well, and if he played like that all the time, I'd have no problem with him being our regular CM. A good varied range of passing, keeping possession and being sensible but also making longer, more difficult passes. He was also getting forward, which was nice to see.

ToxtethBlue