November 24, 2017, 09:40:15 AM

Author Topic: ' The Club That Time Forgot '  (Read 2970 times)

July 19, 2011, 01:21:34 PM
Read 2970 times

christiffa25

That is what Martin keown described us as on five live.

I think it is a perfect way to describe us and could be a fantastic tag line/ motto for some of our protest groups!

Get some t-shirts and merchandise going

' The Club That Time Forgot '

deCoubertin

July 19, 2011, 02:05:03 PM
Reply #1

DEL PIERO

ny links to the interview or whatelse got said? real bad feeling about the place now. some journo on talksport was talking us down last night too.
everton are magic

July 19, 2011, 02:10:20 PM
Reply #2

Trowel

I summarised the main quotes in another thread - it was Ian McGarry who called us "the club that time forgot":

No-one really put their finger on the pulse of the problem, mostly the same things we've been hearing for the last couple of summers. Prentice had some decent input, still seems bemused to last week's reaction.

Ian McGarry: "the club that time forgot",

Martin Keown: "almost good news" no-one's tried to sign anyone from us yet; "Distin - never played better" Moyes - "very smart in the transfer market"

Jonathan Pearce: "I speak to Bill Kenwright on a regular basis, and I know he's scoured the globe to try and find buyers", "he doesn't want to profiteer", "he's an idealistic lover of EFC", "he's got 4 global institutions out there looking for buyers", "a strong 14, 15 - that's it",

Prentice: "that's the exact point I was making a week or two in the Echo", "limited resources", "growing fear that this model isn't sustainable", "frustration is the inability to sell the club", Goodison "putting off potential buyers", Moyes' mood "as frustrated as I've ever known", "knows he needs a high quality wide man", "no immediate desire to walk across to where the grass is greener", "Only fear is maybe if a European club comes in for him", transfer-wise: "nothing going on whatsoever - one inquiry for Jagielka"
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

July 19, 2011, 02:15:19 PM
Reply #3

DEL PIERO

well in mate. thanks.
everton are magic

July 19, 2011, 02:15:43 PM
Reply #4

christiffa25

Ah sorry for the miss information guys read in a article on google that it was keown that said it.

Still think it's an excellent description of us

Alot seems same stuff coming out at mo... But thank god we our in the media now with our problems being highlighted

July 19, 2011, 03:41:05 PM
Reply #5

Jamokachi

ny links to the interview or whatelse got said? real bad feeling about the place now. some journo on talksport was talking us down last night too.

Fuck all got said, well nothing we didn't know anyway. Basically it was the tired old; Moyes is great on a budget, we're skint, looking for a buyer but no interest, Moyes frustrated, how long can we keep hold of him, got to keep our best players. No insight was offered at all. It was a "we've not mentioned Everton for a while, lets just state the obvious and gloss over the real issues" piece. Complete waste of time.

July 19, 2011, 04:14:01 PM
Reply #6

Mayor Farnum

I first heard us described as the club that time forgot by someone on here. Don't know who it was but they deserve credit for a sopt on description.

July 19, 2011, 05:00:01 PM
Reply #7

Alanvideo

Anyone who goes in the Bullens would recognise that description .The unforgettable aroma of Bovril and warm piss .  lolol
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 19, 2011, 05:20:00 PM
Reply #8

Major Clanger

I didn't know Martin Keown was a fucking poet.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

July 19, 2011, 07:12:34 PM
Reply #9

april

I didn't know Martin Keown was a fucking poet.

Yeah, he also once wrote a book about another EFC centre half, it was called Craig Short Stories. But they both gave it up, so I suppose they're ex-prose.... :D
Toffeegirls Rule.

July 19, 2011, 07:22:02 PM
Reply #10

DEL PIERO

everton are magic

July 19, 2011, 07:27:48 PM
Reply #11

april

thats good  :) :) :)

Grazie, signor Del Piero. I'm trying to improve my karma rating!
Toffeegirls Rule.

July 19, 2011, 07:33:58 PM
Reply #12

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Doesnt quite have the same ring to it as the peoples club

Simply simply lovely

July 19, 2011, 07:40:48 PM
Reply #13

Jamokachi

I'm trying to improve my karma rating!

It's a slippery slope.

July 20, 2011, 02:43:26 AM
Reply #14

irishtoffee

I first heard us described as the club that time forgot by someone on here. Don't know who it was but they deserve credit for a sopt on description.
i'm fairly sure i came up with that one. now i'm going to have to search and see