November 21, 2018, 06:36:58 AM

Author Topic: Brum vs Everton.  (Read 15172 times)

July 31, 2011, 02:35:45 AM
Reply #75

ToxtethBlue

what sort of player is this barkley? i'm getting a typical evertonian reaction of starting to believe he's the english iniesta because four people have said he's looking good.

He's a playmaker, difficult to say what style of playmaker he is because we've yet to see him in his natural position, but he looks like a well rounded footballer, capable of dribbling and passing. He started on the right but drifted right across the pitch, similar to how players like Arteta and Osman would play the role really.

ToxtethBlue

July 31, 2011, 02:56:04 PM
Reply #76

Derek

Well, a good workout. Some anonymous displays. We sometimes invited Birmingham onto us, only to be saved by a very sharp Tim Howard.

I was somewhat pleased to see Chris Burke at Brum, because I was a big fan of his while he was at Rangers and I didn't know he'd left Cardiff. He caused us some hassle down Baines' side, but the highlights don't really show if Baines was a bit stand-offish or not. His free-kick was excellent, though.

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

July 31, 2011, 10:27:06 PM
Reply #77

Ari

When do Everton ever outplay pre-season UK or European competiton?  One win over DC.  We usually lose to that standard too.  It's for fitness, not for results.

right, spot on!

July 31, 2011, 10:31:15 PM
Reply #78

Ari

"knowing me knowing you" SAHAAAAAAAAA

That's a great song.......:)