November 23, 2017, 05:25:39 PM

Author Topic: 'Villarreal want Arteta arrival'  (Read 8644 times)

August 01, 2011, 01:50:04 AM
Reply #45

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Even if just meant it kept Neville out of there he is worth every penny. He is still the best footballer we have. Can't believe how many people are so quick to right him off.

He's certainly the most able footballer we have, people's problem (my own included) with him is that he simply doesn't show that ability often enough.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

deCoubertin

August 01, 2011, 01:51:56 AM
Reply #46

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's certainly the most able footballer we have, people's problem (my own included) with him is that he simply doesn't show that ability often enough.

Verm if we had you in charge of us we would have no fucking players.

August 01, 2011, 03:44:18 AM
Reply #47

Thom

Administrator
Verm if we had you in charge of us we would have no fucking players.

We would. They'd just be Ceptic players. Who played in green and white. And were managed by Neil fucking Lennon.

August 01, 2011, 04:20:49 AM
Reply #48

Ari

Villarreal are reportedly lining up an £8million bid for Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta, who could be keen on a return to Spain.

The Yellow Submarine have recently sold Santi Cazorla to big-spending Malaga and are now in the market for replacements.

Arteta, 29, is high on their wishlist, according to The People, and could be tempted by a switch to El Madrigal.

However, the Toffees are sure to want at least £10million for the stylish schemer, who is currently sidelined with a foot injury.

If we can get £10m I think it might be time to let him go..

.......And very soon he will be in the Spanish squad.......

If we're offered 8m I'd keep him....... 10m considering.......  12m definetly (sad to say) say yes.

August 01, 2011, 04:48:13 AM
Reply #49

arteta4spain

As long as we are able to get the full whack id accept 12mil or more no less, he's gettin to that age where form will start to depreciate as will his value. Consider it if they offer somethin decent but for christ sake give moyes the money for a replacement. 

August 01, 2011, 04:59:51 AM
Reply #50

Shogun

Administrator
moan about no signings then want to sell a player with quality on the cheap to buy another player who'll be no where near as good for 8- 12m yet we'll have the same amount of players.... silly people.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 01, 2011, 05:00:32 AM
Reply #51

Azz

I think he's the biggest gamble of all our players. Rodwell, Fellaini, Baines, Jags are all easy decisions. Areta is different, no one knows how he'll perform this season. If its like what he was last season then he can go to be honest, even for £8m, £75k a week and he was terrible at times, his performances didn't live up to his salary.  On the other hand he's our most creative outlet, and if he plays to his ability and skills he's got, runs at defenders, passes the ball forward and not side to fucking side then he's worth every penny of his wages and it would take more a lot more than £8m even if he is getting older.

The right price maybe... and it'll have to be a big price as well.

August 01, 2011, 05:27:24 AM
Reply #52

claimabstract

I think he's the biggest gamble of all our players. Rodwell, Fellaini, Baines, Jags are all easy decisions.

While I agree that Fellaini, Baines and Jagielka are strong players, I don't know how you can say that Rodwell is an easy decision.

August 01, 2011, 06:02:55 AM
Reply #53

fritzlsloveden

moan about no signings then want to sell a player with quality on the cheap to buy another player who'll be no where near as good for 8- 12m yet we'll have the same amount of players.... silly people.
This
grim

August 01, 2011, 06:50:13 AM
Reply #54

Azz

While I agree that Fellaini, Baines and Jagielka are strong players, I don't know how you can say that Rodwell is an easy decision.

Because he isn't exactly going to set the world a light is he.  No offense to the lad but he ain't a Wilshire or a Ramsey in midfield, Shawcross or a Jones at the back is he.  At least £15m and it's a take it and run. 

August 01, 2011, 08:22:38 AM
Reply #55

Ridge

.......And very soon he will be in the Spanish squad.......

If we're offered 8m I'd keep him....... 10m considering.......  12m definetly (sad to say) say yes.
I'd agree with that, although I would have probably turned down a bit less than £20m last year.

He's got a yearly increase on his wages and he is at the top of the wage bill after last summer. If we hadn't agreed that deal, he would have a year left and probably go for under £10m.

I'd understand if people would want closer to £20m and think he will be back to top form next year, as I hope so too. But with a need to rebalance finances and refresh the squad, him and Jags were always my favourites to cash in on, due to age and value.

August 03, 2011, 01:19:09 AM
Reply #56

Gumpinio

Perhaps he will be stellar this season and his value will increase and City will offer £25m for him (at which point no one will want to sell him), or perhaps he will have an average season and his value will stay on the same level, and eventaully drop as his age increases. 

£8m is too low, no doubt about it.  But either we flog our players when a decent bid comes in, or we never sell and either keep them contracted to the club until they retire or until their contract expires and they leave on a free, or we sell as a contract is nearing its end for a minimal fee.  I suppose the question is what Everton rate as a decent bid.

If we have to sell to buy then we have to sell some players eventually.  And we can only sell players other teams want to buy. 
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

August 03, 2011, 03:54:36 AM
Reply #57

.Rimbo.

Don't see your logic. Everyone seems to want to give Bily 'one more season' even though he shows very little but probably our best player over the last 7 years has one bad season and let's ship him out, at an absolute shit price no less, given his proven quality and length of contract. We could probably get the same from Bilyaletdownov off some rich Russian team.

You keep your best players, and Arteta is undoubtedly one of them. £15+ and we'll open discussions. Anything less is an insult.

August 03, 2011, 04:34:27 AM
Reply #58

toffee_scot

Don't see your logic. Everyone seems to want to give Bily 'one more season' even though he shows very little but probably our best player over the last 7 years has one bad season and let's ship him out, at an absolute shit price no less, given his proven quality and length of contract. We could probably get the same from Bilyaletdownov off some rich Russian team.

You keep your best players, and Arteta is undoubtedly one of them. £15+ and we'll open discussions. Anything less is an insult.

Who is it that wants to give Bilyaletdinov one more season?

August 03, 2011, 05:23:35 AM
Reply #59

cantoffee

Who is it that wants to give Bilyaletdinov one more season?

Everyone seems ready to, whereas Arteta, Rodwell, Fellaini all seem to be up for grabs. I understand the logic behind selling for big money and re-investing, but the prices being quoted are too low to consider. Somewhere around 15m would be ideal.