November 16, 2018, 09:05:22 AM

Author Topic: Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton  (Read 16143 times)

August 07, 2011, 03:02:20 AM
Reply #30

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
A bore draw with us playing tight and looking to nick one as usual.  Cantoffee has it right I reckon. 

August 07, 2011, 03:25:54 AM
Reply #31

Shogun

Administrator
would it be fair to say that the gulf between villarreal and valencia is very similar to the gulf between us and liverpool?

because they won 2 nil tonight so surely we should have won or drawn at the least against villarreal?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 07, 2011, 03:29:51 AM
Reply #32

Gash

Global Moderator
would it be fair to say that the gulf between villarreal and valencia is very similar to the gulf between us and liverpool?

because they won 2 nil tonight so surely we should have won or drawn at the least against villarreal?

They also lost 3-0 to Hull.

August 07, 2011, 03:57:31 AM
Reply #33

Shogun

Administrator
we lost to villareal but its alright we beat dc united.
they lost to hull but beat valencia.

i know what position i'd prefer to be in.

August 07, 2011, 04:01:11 AM
Reply #34

Gash

Global Moderator
we lost to villareal but its alright we beat dc united.
they lost to hull but beat valencia.

i know what position i'd prefer to be in.

Who said it was alright that we lost last night but beat DC United?

The point is you can't take much from pre season. Hull lost to Blackpool last night, but beat Liverpool in pre season, which do you think they would prefer?

August 07, 2011, 04:20:17 AM
Reply #35

Shogun

Administrator
preseason does matter , you should be losing earlier on then winning at the end and putting in good performances, WE HAVE NOT. we are not ready for the new season which is why i think we will be thumped unless spurs are playing just as bad lately.

August 07, 2011, 04:25:26 AM
Reply #36

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
preseason does matter , you should be losing earlier on then winning at the end and putting in good performances, WE HAVE NOT. we are not ready for the new season which is why i think we will be thumped unless spurs are playing just as bad lately.

You said we were going to finish 5th the other day whats made you so negative about us all of a sudden.

August 07, 2011, 04:26:48 AM
Reply #37

Shogun

Administrator
You said we were going to finish 5th the other day whats made you so negative about us all of a sudden.
i said 4th/5th i think then we played decent teams and got thumped, feels like deja vu from last season tbh.

August 07, 2011, 04:31:28 AM
Reply #38

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
i said 4th/5th i think then we played decent teams and got thumped, feels like deja vu from last season tbh.

We lost 1-0 your basically basing your predictions for next season on two pre-season games.

August 07, 2011, 04:48:22 AM
Reply #39

cantoffee

I think it's called 'kneejerk'.

August 07, 2011, 04:57:16 AM
Reply #40

Ridge

I'll go for 3-1, Anichebe, Arteta, Rodwell, Van Der Vaart.

August 07, 2011, 04:58:11 AM
Reply #41

Shogun

Administrator
okay we didn't get thumped, but the performances were absolutely appalling, play like that in a competitive match we would get thumped. don't get me wrong, i hope i'm wrong. but the only good thing to come out of pre season is ross barkley.

August 07, 2011, 05:41:26 AM
Reply #42

the doc

I'm not bothered to much about friendlies, but all the prem teams beat the Spanish teams today!  :titanic:

August 07, 2011, 06:13:24 AM
Reply #43

toffee_scot

3-1 to them everton dont look ready for the season

Everton won't be ready for the season until after Christmas.

August 07, 2011, 07:24:06 AM
Reply #44

Ari

I wonder what the predictions would have been if we'd got a result last night?

It's going to be a long season if everyone is shitting themselves after a couple of pre season games.

Lets not forget this time a year ago we were going to get top 4 in the league. Apparently.

Pre season isn't really an indicator for the season.

1-2 win I''m going for. Spurs and Harry as less than happy having signed no one except Friedel, and the Modric saga dragging on.

Good point Gash about same time last year.  It is a lot better goint into this season with absolutely NO expectations at all, from no one. 

My team would be like this:

------------------Howard-------------
Neville---Jags---Heitinga---Baines
Arteta---Rodwell--Fellaini--Osman
----------------Cahill------------
------------Saha-------------

Bench: Mucha, Hibbert, Distin, Barkley, Anichebe, Beckford, Bilyaletdinov

Coleman would of course be there imo if not inujured, if he will be oko then even in starting eleven in place of Nevill who would then go to the bench in place of Hibbert. 

My predictions is 0-1 to us with a goal from Cahill.  (header of course)