November 23, 2017, 03:27:21 PM

Author Topic: 2 up front?  (Read 2809 times)

August 11, 2011, 01:41:20 AM
Read 2809 times

Messi 22

With the new season upon us,i for one would like to see us go out and take games by the scruff of the neck this season, lefts play two up front and send the lads out to win no sitting on one goal leads...time to start putting teams to bed...coyb..
Nil  Satis Nisi Optimum

deCoubertin

August 11, 2011, 01:59:26 AM
Reply #1

Optimistic Blue

Dropping Cahill then?
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

August 11, 2011, 02:15:52 AM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'd like us to get back to being 1-0 in the lead. We conceded the first goal on far too many occasions last year.

August 11, 2011, 02:17:56 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 11, 2011, 02:18:11 AM
Reply #4

toffeenut84

Have we got any wide men to play 4 4 2.theres only bilyaletdinov and anichebe and they are not brilliant.osman maybe,arteta/coleman injured.maybe we should think of 4 3 3.with howard,hibbert,jagielka,distin,baines. rodwell,neville,felliani . saha,beckford,yakubu.then have mucha,heitinga,bilyaletdinov,barkley,osman,anichebe,cahill.On the bench to change formations if not working.At least there will be great options to come off the bench,as that is equal important.just a thought.

August 11, 2011, 02:23:37 AM
Reply #5

Optimistic Blue

Yes.

what and utilising him as some sort of super sub or something!?!!?!?!?
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

August 11, 2011, 02:35:09 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
what and utilising him as some sort of super sub or something!?!!?!?!?

Yep.

I think our best front pairing is Saha and Beckford now. With their movement, I think we'll be more likely to score more goals, as we saw when Cahill went to Asia.

Cahill's good for a goal every 4 games or so, but we haven't scored many when he's in the team the past year.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 11, 2011, 02:42:24 AM
Reply #7

Azz

Been saying it for ages that it needs to be done and as Si says it won't because Moyes was playing 4-5-1 pre-season. 

He could have been playing 4-4-2 just to see how it goes get the players used to it, the players know how to play 4-5-1 since they have been doing it for like 2 seasons now so there wouldn't be any problems come the Spurs game and we ain't got any new players to blend in to that style of play.  It wouldn't have done any harm what so ever to give it a try but nooooo since of course we create so many chances and have so many flowing attacking possessions when we play 4-5-1 ... oh wait...  *slits wrists*

August 11, 2011, 02:49:55 AM
Reply #8

Stone

Been saying it for ages that it needs to be done and as Si says it won't because Moyes was playing 4-5-1 pre-season. 

He could have been playing 4-4-2 just to see how it goes get the players used to it, the players know how to play 4-5-1 since they have been doing it for like 2 seasons now so there wouldn't be any problems come the Spurs game and we ain't got any new players to blend in to that style of play.  It wouldn't have done any harm what so ever to give it a try but nooooo since of course we create so many chances and have so many flowing attacking possessions when we play 4-5-1 ... oh wait...  *slits wrists*

Moyes' love affair with 4-5-1 is diabolical, and it will cost us points this coming season. We let in goals and create fuck all.

Moyes will eventually start playing 4-4-2 in January and our strikers will suddenly start scoring goals.

August 11, 2011, 03:29:13 AM
Reply #9

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yep.

I think our best front pairing is Saha and Beckford now. With their movement, I think we'll be more likely to score more goals, as we saw when Cahill went to Asia.

Cahill's good for a goal every 4 games or so, but we haven't scored many when he's in the team the past year.

Saha wont stay fit

Simply simply lovely

August 11, 2011, 03:37:17 AM
Reply #10

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
The problem does seem to be Saha's fitness in the 442 theory. I'd welcome 2 up front personally.....

August 11, 2011, 03:41:28 AM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Saha wont stay fit

Doubt Cahill will either.
- Walt Disney

August 11, 2011, 03:41:34 AM
Reply #12

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Exactly
Saha wont start 30 games

Simply simply lovely

August 11, 2011, 03:42:24 AM
Reply #13

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Doubt Cahill will either.

If its a comp my moneys on cahill....... what price you give me?

Simply simply lovely

August 11, 2011, 03:43:07 AM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Shows how desperate we are for a striker doesn't it?

Oh well maybe next summer then, and then we'll have several more positions to find replacements for because Neville and Distin will be too old.
- Walt Disney