November 21, 2018, 07:27:27 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Aston Villa  (Read 34430 times)

September 11, 2011, 11:16:56 AM
Reply #315

minty

Bily wasn't great, he was okay.  Rodwell nowhere near our worst player, very good today, especially first half. Totally agree on Neville.

users voting on guardian have rodwell as out worst player with 5.2 avr.
Stream quality was bad but a few incidents disappointed me.
He could have been closer to Petrov for the first goal, also saw him backing out of a couple of 50-50s.
I don't see how he can play as a dm with such por def awareness, work rate and lack of aggression.

September 11, 2011, 02:47:52 PM
Reply #316

nomorechang

RIP
Why the fuck do Villa always get their goal of the season against us with a shot from 30 yards , remember Sidwells goal a few seasons back , a shot from about 30 yards . Howard could not be blamed for either of them as well , although the covering was not great yesterday , someone should have been right on Petrov .

Also can anyone tell me how Warnock managed to get away without a booking for his assault on Tim Cahill ? Im trying to be a bit more understanding of refs this season but that blert Oliver yesterday was awful , he was that bad I'd rather have Peter Walton than him 
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

September 11, 2011, 03:05:10 PM
Reply #317

BigWoodenSpoon

Seemed to me that you had two decent penalty shouts not given. Looked like you played really well too and unlucky to come away with all three points.

Wigan all three points next surely???

September 11, 2011, 03:33:42 PM
Reply #318

Derek

Have to fancy it. Mentality needs to be the same. Fans all united for the team come K.O and the players out to prove something with Moyes behind them willing to show a bit of attacking intent.

I want us to fecking murder Wigan (figuratively).
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

September 11, 2011, 03:35:48 PM
Reply #319

Bally

Administrator
The atmosphere yesterday was excellent and that's  how Goodison should be every game regardless of events prior to kick off
It's the roll I way

September 11, 2011, 03:37:51 PM
Reply #320

Derek

Agree with you. Thing is we often need something to spark us into life.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

September 11, 2011, 03:52:47 PM
Reply #321

steve81

saw the equaliser again on motd distin definately should have had that

September 11, 2011, 03:58:19 PM
Reply #322

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Seemed to me that you had two decent penalty shouts not given. Looked like you played really well too and unlucky to come away with all three points.

Wigan all three points next surely???

This is Everton fully expect them to be pants against Wigan ;)  We should really muller them considering how we can play.

September 11, 2011, 05:49:25 PM
Reply #323

fast lane

Only got to see the last half hour of each half.
Should have won this one, especially with the first penalty shout.
But that's football..
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

September 11, 2011, 08:42:23 PM
Reply #324

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
People saying billy played badly are just wrong. I'm bit going to argue it becausenill get wound up at the blatant ignorance if people saying he was anything other than tidy and played well. He doesn't run around like a headless chicken, he's a footballer get fucking used to it.
people won't ... did you here the roar from the crowd when Rodwell chased a backpass to the keeper ...  in the words of my son "what the f... is he doing running around like a headless chicken" - Billy would never ever do a stupid thing like that (allthough the crowd would love him) - so no change of him becoming a legend  :headbang:  Remember Vaughan - probably the player able to create some of the biggest roars at GP - just for chasing balls that already was lost

September 11, 2011, 08:50:16 PM
Reply #325

Shogun

Administrator
people cheer runs because it suggests some hunger and passion ,bily never looks like he has either
and i thought he played well at the weekend 7.5/10
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth