October 24, 2017, 10:53:05 AM

Author Topic: Tim Howard Last Night...  (Read 3379 times)

January 28, 2010, 05:05:09 PM
Read 3379 times

.Rimbo.

Two excellent saves late on, especially the one from Zenden.

Deserves praise for that, well done Tim.

deCoubertin

January 28, 2010, 05:10:18 PM
Reply #1

Chris

Administrator
Was a spectator for the most part but pulled off those two when called upon. Sign of a good keeper.

50th Premiership clean sheet for him so i've read.

January 28, 2010, 05:32:42 PM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

Indeed, it is the sign of a good keeper.

January 28, 2010, 05:59:33 PM
Reply #3

slothzen

Tim is a top keeper.

January 28, 2010, 06:16:01 PM
Reply #4

dekko

Two excellent saves late on, especially the one from Zenden.

Deserves praise for that, well done Tim.

Great thread. I was going to start one about him as well after I saw some people giving him 7s and 8s on the Rating's thread. Sunderland could have scored in both chances, Tim was there and kept the clean sheet. Tim did nothing wrong, so I give him a 10!! Not just last game, but he has been excellent for us so far and I think that there are a lot of Everton fans taking him for granted.

So a big thank you for Howard for the great playing!!

January 28, 2010, 06:27:28 PM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Thought the first save he made was very poor. I mean he gave away a corner.

He could easily have caught it and thrown it directly to Vaughan who could then have beaten all eleven Sunderland players twice before lobbing it up in the air and scoring a thunderous 50 yard volley into the top corner of the net.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

January 28, 2010, 06:31:13 PM
Reply #6

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
One of Moyes' best signings.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 28, 2010, 06:32:26 PM
Reply #7

Weasel

He's a cracking keeper, and proved it last night.

January 28, 2010, 06:56:40 PM
Reply #8

Endless, Nameless

I love Tim Howard, one of Moyes' more underated signings for sure. I don't forget all the troubles we had with keepers like Richard Wright for ages. Bar that season with King Nigel Martyn, Howard has fixed those problems and he is as good as anyone imo. In fact, when it comes to control over his defenders and communication, I think he's the best in the world.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 28, 2010, 07:00:57 PM
Reply #9

montanatoffeefan

He's really come into his own in the past year or so. Don't think there's any better keeper in the Prem. He's cut way back on the lapses and has been consistently excellent, especially when you consider he has a different pair of CBs in front of him almost every game, and neither of them is one of the first choice CBs from last season.
Everton forever.

January 28, 2010, 07:02:57 PM
Reply #10

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah he stepped up when needed last night. Very important saves as if we conceded one it was very likely we could've conceded a second. It was seemingly all or nothing last night the way we were sitting back.

I think he is definitely improving, and while I still have Martyn as my favourite keeper of relatively recent years as he was able to so often keep us in a game and pull out the important saves I've noticed Howard improving in this department too. I used to give up when we conceded a penalty as it usually meant it'd be converted every single time but maybe its been since the FA Cup semi final last season that he'd gained some extra confidence.

January 28, 2010, 07:06:57 PM
Reply #11

Connavar

Too bad his kicking was shite! I'm nitpicking, I know, but fans get on other peoples back when we kick it long and don't hit a blue shirt. Howard did it all night last night.

January 28, 2010, 07:08:28 PM
Reply #12

Endless, Nameless

Yeah he stepped up when needed last night. Very important saves as if we conceded one it was very likely we could've conceded a second. It was seemingly all or nothing last night the way we were sitting back.

I think he is definitely improving, and while I still have Martyn as my favourite keeper of relatively recent years as he was able to so often keep us in a game and pull out the important saves I've noticed Howard improving in this department too. I used to give up when we conceded a penalty as it usually meant it'd be converted every single time but maybe its been since the FA Cup semi final last season that he'd gained some extra confidence.

Well my only complaint with Tim was his penalty saving, but since the shoot-out with Man U he has saved loads.

Keep it up Tim. USA!  lol
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 28, 2010, 07:09:37 PM
Reply #13

montanatoffeefan

Too bad his kicking was shite! I'm nitpicking, I know, but fans get on other peoples back when we kick it long and don't hit a blue shirt. Howard did it all night last night.

It's gotten a little better, but true that. Still, there are not too many keepers in the world I'd take over Tim right now. Iker, Cesar, + a few others. But not many. He's been fantastic and is well-suited to the Prem.
Everton forever.

January 28, 2010, 07:39:45 PM
Reply #14

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think that given he's taken over from Nige, whom everyone loved, he's done really well.

Nige had the "benefit" of taking over from Richard Wright, so therefore anyone consistent would have looked good.

Nige was consistent, and more especially early on, so for Howard to have raised the bar further speaks volumes of his ability and consistency.