July 10, 2020, 08:10:37 AM

Author Topic: Successes Of The Kenwright Era ?  (Read 12597 times)

September 12, 2011, 11:24:30 PM
Read 12597 times

MarcusFenix

First of all I must say I am a supporter of The Blue Union , I don't hate Bill Kenwright , David Moyes , Robert Earl or anyone else involed in the running of Everton Football Club.

I do however have serious reservations about the ability of Mr Kenwright as chairman and the other board members abilities to drive a suitable business strategy forward for our club.

My main reasons for this are :

A. NTL
B. Kings Dock
C. Fortress Sports Fund
D. Knowsley
E. Sale Of Bellefield
F. The Amount We Have To Pay For Finch Farm Over The Next 50 Years Or So
G.The Operating Loss Year On Year When We Have One Of The Smallest Squads In The PL
H.Merchandising
I. The Lack Of Penetration Of The Everton FC Brand Globally

I know Mr Kenwright is as passionate an Evertonian as anyone could wish for , but he is chairman ( I know some view this as a figure head type position only and that he is not required to know the full ins and outs of the business side of Everton FC ) of a business that is haemorrhaging money , losing assets and appears to be on a downward spiral.He is the man at the top of this and is responsible to some degree.

What I would like is for anyone to outline what successes Mr Kenwright and the board have achieved and why they should stay in their positions ?

Please don't give the 'who could do better' replies , just want to know what they have done that shows what they are capable of   
You are my Everton, my only Everton, you make me happy when skies are grey

September 12, 2011, 11:26:53 PM
Reply #1

Gray90

Was thinking of posting something similar to this myself, if anyone can name a success other than appointing David Moyes I'll be surprised.

September 12, 2011, 11:35:15 PM
Reply #2

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
There aren't any, other than Moyes which in itself was something of a fluke.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 12, 2011, 11:36:44 PM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
The creation of Finch Farm is a debatable plus point.  It's a top facility regardless of the lease agreement.

September 12, 2011, 11:40:44 PM
Reply #4

MarcusFenix

The creation of Finch Farm is a debatable plus point.  It's a top facility regardless of the lease agreement.

A top facility no doubt , but you cannot separate it from the lease agreement for which the club appears to be paying through the nose.

September 12, 2011, 11:42:31 PM
Reply #5

School of Science

The new museum Everton pl......oh.. erm.wait a minute...I.T problems...my comp..
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 12, 2011, 11:42:57 PM
Reply #6

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

Cancel eachother out..
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 12, 2011, 11:47:04 PM
Reply #7

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Cancel eachother out..

They don't though, the players are still training and coming out of a top facilty, in the here and now it's one of few selling points to incoming players.  I do believe it's one of the few things we have going for us as a club.  Players couldn't give a shit whether the land is leased or not.

September 12, 2011, 11:49:27 PM
Reply #8

everton1952

Anyone who reads threads on the main forums for years will know that for there has always been a substantial number of BK haters. Billy Liar, Kenwrong etc etc. Everyone in business is open to criticism for the way they run or misrun their business. The BU have backed away from earlier wilder statements and now pretend not be anti Kenwright. They fool no one. The man is a successful businessman but has not managed to take Everton from the relegation fodder we once were to the heights of the Champions League. He cannot be hanged for that. I believe him entirely when he says repeatedly he wants to go, but letting go is not easy if there is no mega rich buyer stepping up for the job.   Moyes will keep our heads above the middle league positions until such time he gets fed up (hopefully never) or we find a very very rich buyer and improve our position, or the clubs paying 200,000 per week implode, and football regains its sanity.

September 12, 2011, 11:50:20 PM
Reply #9

MarcusFenix

They don't though, the players are still training and coming out of a top facilty, in the here and now it's one of few selling points to incoming players.  I do believe it's one of the few things we have going for us as a club.  Players couldn't give a shit whether the land is leased or not.

But at what cost Silas ? Isnt it 1 Mill a year for the next 50 years ?

Nonetheless in his 11 years , its hardly a ringing endorsement of Mr Kenwright and the board is it ?

September 12, 2011, 11:52:04 PM
Reply #10

Bluesnapper

September 12, 2011, 11:52:25 PM
Reply #11

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
But at what cost Silas ? Isnt it £1 Mill a year for the next 50 years ?

Nonetheless in his 11 years , its hardly a ringing endorsement of Mr Kenwright and the board is it ?

Didn't say it was.  You started a thread asking what his achievements were.  I don't know the exact details of the lease but I still think we get enough out of it for it to be considered a positive.

September 12, 2011, 11:53:51 PM
Reply #12

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
They don't though, the players are still training and coming out of a top facilty, in the here and now it's one of few selling points to incoming players.  I do believe it's one of the few things we have going for us as a club.  Players couldn't give a shit whether the land is leased or not.

Incoming players are non-existent right now though and probably will be for a long time.

When we're staring down the barrel of financial oblivion and have sold of half our squad no player would want to come here regardless of our facilities even if we do manage to scrape together the cash.

September 12, 2011, 11:54:03 PM
Reply #13

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
One success is that he managed to keep Everton in Liverpool :)
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

September 12, 2011, 11:58:07 PM
Reply #14

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Incoming players are non-existent right now though and probably will be for a long time.

When we're staring down the barrel of financial oblivion and have sold of half our squad no player would want to come here regardless of our facilities even if we do manage to scrape together the cash.

Again not arguing any different!  The thread isn't supposed to be what the club haven't done and what there failings are, these things are more than apparent.