November 19, 2017, 12:54:53 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool  (Read 43428 times)

September 28, 2011, 02:59:57 AM
Reply #45

charlatan

I think EFC have a fair chance so long as DM does not repeat the City
errors.

- Never play Neville in midfield.
- Ask the players to play in their normal positions.
- Play with a recognized centre forward.
- Now that Arteta has gone, take a chance with a gifted player i.e Barkley
to provide something different

And my favourite recommendation
- never again put out a team that includes Hibbert,
Neville and Osman   

Don't hold yer breath.....

September 28, 2011, 05:55:50 AM
Reply #46

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd like us to play:

Howard

Hibbert Jags Distin Baines

Coleman Osman Fellaini Drenthe

Saha

Vellios

I'd like to see that, Saha and Cahill up front doesn't work.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

September 28, 2011, 07:47:48 AM
Reply #47

blackwatch78efc

Just seen enrique stating how carrol will get his first EPL goal of the season against us. Now unlike some fans i hate derbies, always have, im just relieved if we dont lose tbh. Now with ''king'' kenny well and truly back and them spending a fortune (its like some things never change) i'll be so pissed if we lose and carrol scores. Suarez is the leagues biggest cheat and with such a weak ref in charge whats the betting they get gifted summit too, just to help them along? Anyway for once i'm hoping moyes goes for it and starts saha, imo he's never been what we needed, BUT wouldnt it be lovely if he responds with the winner saturday?

starting team should be for me,

howard
hibbert, jags, distin, baines
coleman, neville, fellaini, cahill, osman
saha
"we've got this far, i suppose we might as well win it" Big Joe 1995

September 28, 2011, 02:46:32 PM
Reply #48

Macca77

I hate derby games, really hate them, I was extremely confident before last seasons game at Goodison, you just knew that we would win, not so confident this year though, just hope Moyes is positive with his team selection. Get at them from the off!! Saha in for Cahill

Howard
Hibbert
Jags
Distin
Baines
Osman
Royston
Rodwell
Fellaini
Coleman
Saha

Prediction
2-1

September 28, 2011, 02:51:12 PM
Reply #49

Derek

Need to be positive. At home, they are able to score but they have a terrible defence. It's there for us to win if we go for it, I'm sure.

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

September 28, 2011, 03:00:07 PM
Reply #50

christiffa25

Cahill and Saha up top does not work with possibly the exception of Liverpool games!

I expect Moyes to go with...

Howard
Hibbert jags Distin Baines
        Rodwell Fellani
Coleman  Cahill  Osman
              Saha

I'm happy with that as a starting line up for this one but if not going well I'd love Barkley in for Cahill and drenthe in for Osman early on.

Don't know about others but I'm fully confident of a win on Saturday

September 28, 2011, 05:16:06 PM
Reply #51

Connavar

I can see the same team as last week playing and us going down to a 2-0 defeat.

If however, he plays Drenthe and a striker, Saha probably, but i wouldn't mind seeing Vellios getting a game, i think we'll beat them. I wouldn't have Neville anywhere near that team again. Last couple of games he's been about as good as syphilis.

September 28, 2011, 06:43:41 PM
Reply #52

Gary Iceman

howard
                                             hibbert  jags  distin baines
                                                           rodwell
                                              coleman  fellaini  drenthe
                                                       cahill/osman
                                                           velios

Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

September 28, 2011, 07:13:31 PM
Reply #53

BigWoodenSpoon

Suarez to be sent off for a crafty hair pull on Fellinininini.

Tough one to call though, but I just see us edging it by the one goal.  Sorry guys.

If you hound us down I reckon that's where we'll enter panic mode and flunk our lines.

September 28, 2011, 08:25:22 PM
Reply #54

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We can change Suarez's name to mini- Tevez. He is more than capable of causing plenty of crap in the dressing room

Sent from my phone because I want to be like Bally
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 28, 2011, 10:35:38 PM
Reply #55

cantoffee

Suarez to be sent off for a crafty hair pull on Fellinininini.

Tough one to call though, but I just see us edging it by the one goal.  Sorry guys.

If you hound us down I reckon that's where we'll enter panic mode and flunk our lines.

I agree about the hounding. Your defence isn't particularly adept with the ball and with Cahill chasing them around all game they will probably resort to hoofing it, and with Fellaini in front of the defence we shouldn't have too much trouble.

September 28, 2011, 10:56:01 PM
Reply #56

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I agree about the hounding. Your defence isn't particularly adept with the ball and with Cahill chasing them around all game they will probably resort to hoofing it, and with Fellaini in front of the defence we shouldn't have too much trouble.

Except Fellaini will probably be playing up front with Cahill...

Sent from my laptop because unlike Bally and Confucius, I don't have internet on my phone.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

September 28, 2011, 11:21:20 PM
Reply #57

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
If we go at them from the whistle with a packed goodison in full voice then I reckon we'll win and look reasonably comfortable.

If we approach it the way we usually approach games and even stick Cahill up front, they'll destroy us.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 28, 2011, 11:32:54 PM
Reply #58

BigWoodenSpoon

If we go at them from the whistle with a packed goodison in full voice then I reckon we'll win and look reasonably comfortable.

If we approach it the way we usually approach games and even stick Cahill up front, they'll destroy us.

Ithink that's the best way to go about it, like Spurs did. We were never at the raced at that game. If you go behind the fans could get restless and not get behind the team. Go ahead, and the fans will be delirious and Everton will have the wind in their sails

I'm getting nervous just thinking about it. Mr Gerrard could have a big day in this match.

September 28, 2011, 11:38:37 PM
Reply #59

Shogun

Administrator
i hope we dont get fucked over by a ref again, watch barkley run the show.    3 2 to us ;)
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth